Germantown, MD

Posted September 30, 2014
I moved to this school neighborhood after doing lots of research. After two years of having my kids educated at Germantown we are more than happy with all aspects of the school - teachers, principal, PTA, etc. The principal is extremely knowledgeable and personable, the teachers are friendly and hard-working, the other parents are welcoming and supportive. My research paid off in more ways than I can count!

Posted May 28, 2014
Overall a very well runned school. Small enough where most staff members know the students by first name. Current principle runs a very structured school. This school gives strong focus on learning. I believe it's fair to say that it competes well with the educational focus commonly given in private schools. However, the current principal is not very amicable. She's very strong willed although does not come across as such in the beginning. She does not like being challenged nor negative feedback given on her staff. Serious staff issues brought to her attention are followed up quickly. However, issues she judges as not serious, she'll challenge the parent and come across as dismissive. She and some of her high ranking teachers should be reminded that they work for the county and out tax money provides their paychecks. Some of the staff should work on having and showing a more humble persona.

Posted August 10, 2011
Fantastic school. It just keeps gettig better and better for my kids and me. We love the teachers, principal, community members, etc!

Germantown Elementary School 0

Posted April 05, 2009
I think this is an excellent school. The teachers and principal are warm and caring. The size is small and has a community feel. I wouldn't change it for anything!

Posted April 16, 2008
My son is a K student at GES. Before he started in August 2007 I reviewed the school's test scores and saw that they were improving but was unsure about my son's future success. But since the beginning of the school year until now, I had the chance to see all the graphs for each grades showing a constant improvement in all subjects (reading, writing and math). More importantly, I have seen my own son s progress, which is phenomenal considering the fact that he was not fluent in English at the beginning of the school year. I truly believe that Ms. Bryant (principal), as well as her skilled and talented teachers, are accountable for the school improvement. Since her arrival five years ago, Ms. Bryant did considerable efforts to improve the school. I personally think that it is a matter of time before GES rating give them justice!

Posted March 17, 2008
My child is in 5th grade and overall we have been very pleased with the implementation of the curriculum and the attentiveness of the teachers throughout the years. The PTA is very involved in helping to meet the needs of the school. We also appreciate the small school size.

Posted June 16, 2007
A few weeks ago I had a meeting with the principal who was receptive to my thoughts and was very caring and supportive of my child. I had never really talked with her before and I was very impressed with the committment she showed toward her job and the school. I hope she plans on staying for awhile. My child has 2 more years at Germantown.

Posted May 19, 2007
We are very pleased with everything at the school. The discipline, instructional quality, climate. etc. have improved greatly over the past 3-4 years.

Germantown Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2007
School is old in need of face lift. Principal not very friendly. My child's teacher was very unapproachable and did not like anyone asking any questions. I also found it strange that there were very few concerts, family after school activities or field trips. They are very big on fundraisers and are contantly selling something. Friends with elementary aged children at other local schools had many more activities and fewer fundraisers. School has great PTA staff.

Posted March 07, 2006
Great school/community based (otherwise known as life skills) special ed program. Teachers with 10+ years at the school, dedicated therapists, warm paraprofessionals, supportive administration, lots of willing engagement with regular ed kids. Privately run afterschool program able to accomodate special ed students.

Germantown Elementary School
19110 Liberty Mill Rd, Germantown, MD  20874
Last modified Germantown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Germantown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top