Bad
Good

This school is awful ... As a parent where myself my father brother son and now daughter attends this school. It has went downhill. They have teachers that are teaching our kids that are fresh out of college and obviously in need of a job. It is without a doubt a major concern of mine, that this school does not work for the best interest of the child. I learned that in a lower income school known as Brooklyn Park Elementary is much more influenced in the concerns of what is best for the child. How can a child be marked as in need of retention for the first grade? If the child is present, maybe not everyday. But has made up all missed work, as well as practicipation, and has without a doubt worked extremely hard in learning the newly advised academic. I still am not understanding why our children are learning alegbra in the first grade instead of the basics. What ever happened to add, subtract, handwriting, learning the basics before jumping the advanced work. As I do feel it is a great resource to enchance. But how about enchancing once they understand the basics.

The review below about Grandparents Day needs to be removed. One, this site is to review the SCHOOL by parents or guardians of children that attend the school, not for a guest of a single school function to complain about it. Two, what this person is saying is incorrect. The program was scheduled to begin at 8:30 and began on time. I know this because my son attends Point Pleasant and my mother attended the program. This person and the other grandmother were obviously told the wrong time by the child's parents. That is not the school's fault. Go to the school's website and look at the April newsletter. All the information about Grand Friends Day, which is what the school calls it, is all right there. But again that review shouldn't even be here and I only felt the need to respond due to the fact that they gave a great school an undeserved one star review.

My son has attended Point Pleasant Elementary for three years. The teaching staff at Point Pleasant seem to care about their students and academically challenge them as per their abilities. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. Even their after school care (Super Kids) is good. Keep up the good work Point Pleasant!

Today was Grandparents Day' yay'.you would think. The most unorganized function, arrive at 9:07 for a scheduled 9:20 program, am met by my granddaughter, told I missed the program. I asked a staff member what was going on, I was told, "well, it went faster than we thought". How much "thought" does it take to know how long it takes to sing 2 songs. The picture line was an hour and half long, really? While waiting for pictures, my granddaughter was approached by a staff member and told her other grand mom was In her classroom and had also missed the program, so the class was going to sing for all of us. She didn't want to sing, so she went to her class to meet her other grandmother and bring her out to get her picture taken, gets there, and it wasn't her grandmother. So, wait for pictures, take her to the hall to go back to class, the staff member there asks her teachers name, she repeats it three times, the forth time, I pronounce the teachers name, and staff member tells me there's no teacher there with that name. WTHeck! The staff member takes herby the hand and said "show me where your class is". Then comes back to me tells me this teacher is a sub,.."no she's not.

Is not helpful to children who have been to preschool. My granddaughter spent the entire kindergarten doing what she learned in 3 year old preschool class. Sad..her teachers reply-"But hopefully they will have the time to help her next year" REALLY???

Love this school. I can see a drastic improvement in my sons learning. Kudos to Mr. G and everyone on his staff. They really have went above and beyond to show that they care.

It has the best teachers and staff. Everyone there cares about the education of our children. The rewards and the praise for being good students make the children feel special and the school does so much for the kids by having family nights, math and science nights, etc... I wouldn't want my children to go anywhere else!

My son is a 2 year old enrolled in their Infants and Toddlers Program and I simply could not be more impressed! My son has a severe developmental delay and this school/school system (Anne Arundel County) has shown my son the true care and compassion that every parent wants their children to have. Not only is their program amazingly organized, but they have a number of programs available to fit the particular need for your child. And they work hard w/the parents to show them how to help their child as well. We are military and if we had to do it over again, we would request this assignment just for our child to be part of their Infants and Toddlers Program!//

The overall school is great, the teachers are excellent and the PTA does great things for the students. Its the administration that is lacking and does not support the staff like they should! They need a change & administration that is actually concerned about the children's welfare. From what I understand their current principal has only been there about 2 years, but its time for a change again! Also the cafeteria food can use some improvement.

Last modified Point Pleasant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.