Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

BACK WHEN I WENT IN THE EARLY 80'S TO MID 80'S..... IT WAS AWESOME TO LEARN FROM THE GREAT TEACHERS AND THEY DID STUFF WITH US BEFORE THEY WOULD DO IT IN OTHER SCHOOLS....

Had a great time at Grandparents Day. Teachers were thoughtful and organized. Happy that my grandson attends.

Schools are not just buildings, they are the people, the teachers, the students, the other parents, the leaders. They are not what you get out of them, they are what you put into them!! Parents need to step-up and raise and educate their children with the assistance of the public school systems, not let the systems educate and raise their children. Richard Henry Lee is a very good school. The people there care, and my child thrives as a student in this great environment! Kudos to RHLee . S. Cooke - Proud Parent

The entire staff is very supportive and caring! They strive to have every child excel! As with any school there is a select parent cluster that are involved.

I see that several parents had wonderful reviews about the way the principal and teachers handled even the most challenging students. I wish I could write something just as positive. Back then whenever I came to the school I noticed how genuine Principal Wagner was about her care of each and every child. My son has been pretty lucky to have some very patient teachers who have taken the time to find out the special needs he has. Unfortunately there are other teachers at the school that feel very comfortable in loosing self control and scarring the heck out of kids they don t appreciate by hollering at them in the hallway at the top of their lungs. My son was the recipient of such teacher outburst; in fact he and his friend both came home crying and scared. The issue was resolved because the wonderful school counselor stepped in to help. She has also been a great help in trying to figure out how to help my son in his special needs and academic difficulties. In all of this neither the principal or vice principal has bothered to assist I any way. The teacher, who had her outburst at my child, just kept on her daily routine without any kind of reprimand.

My son struggled and had outbursts in school daily. He was sent to the office constantly, and hated going to school. Mrs. Wagner, the principle at the time never gave up on him. She understood that there had to be underlying issues. She had him tested for learning disabilities, and offered him the help he needed. With her willingness to be understanding, and her undying devotion to her students, my son is now an honor roll student, and loves going to school. He also improved from a preschool reading level to a 2nd grade level in one year. He will be in 4th grade this year, and with the help of the teachers at this school he can only get better. Thank you Richard Henry Lee!!

I think RH Lee is a pretty good school. I wish they would provide more detailed information about their curriculum. The news letter sometimes has outdated info by the time it is sent home with the students. I wish it were easier to network with parents but there's no directory. My son is new to the area and I've had a hard time meeting the parents of the kids in his grade level. I also wish that the teacher's were easier to contact and had more flexible meeting schedules.

My girls came from th PG county school system and the difference between the two counities were huge. At RHL I love the fact that they asked in the begining of the year what are your childs strenghts and weaknesses. And they actually focus on them and help your child become a better student. My daughter is an honor roll students since she has been at RHL and getting better everyday

I think the teachers are great, but however the office staff can be very rude. I don't like the way RH Lee is set up. I think that open classrooms can cause children to not be able to focus and learn the right way. The children hear other lessons being taught by other teachers which is very distracting.

The teachers are wonderful, but the school lacks the funding, parent involvement & attention necessary to be a good school. After 1 year in the school I began looking for a better school district. I can't say enough good things about the individual teachers, but I was disappointed in the principal.

Last modified Richard Henry Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.