Rippling Woods Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted March 12, 2011

I was a student at this school from the 1st - 5th grades. Now my daughter attends this school. She started attending in kindergarten and is currently in the 4th grade. I loved the school and the teachers and my daughter feels the same way. To see the high standards applied towards learning as well as self respect and respect for others, which has been the focus of this school since the days I roamed it's halls, is very impressive. I am proud to not only be a parent, but a past student as well! GO PANDAS!!!!

Posted March 24, 2010

My husband is in the military, so we have moved a lot in the past few years. This school is one of the best schools my daughter has attended. Her teacher is wonderful. A negative would be all of the money we have sent in so far. Every week there is something new to pay for. Compared to Severn Elementary, this school is perfect. This school actually cares about their students.

Posted July 12, 2009

This school is over crowded! There are other less populated schools within 5 minutes of this one, but thanks to zoning, closed admissions, and an idiot superintendent, they push this school on everyone. This school has approximately 700 students, compared to the 300-500 students of other schools. The school doesn't have walls separating classes, so the students hear everything! Staff is not very welcoming and the principal is invisible, only to be seen at school functions. PTA milks money from the students and parents whenever they get a chance and it's very annoying. Many of the students don't even benefit from the money collected. The vice principal should be the principal since he is very visible and does more interacting with everyone. A few of the teachers are okay but I'll bite my tongue about the others. Please move to another district if you can, you'll thank me

Posted April 10, 2009

Both my children attended Rippling Woods from k-5 and it was the best experience. Teachers are wonderful. School is getting a little over crowded but it doesn't reflect on the teachers ability to teach.

Posted December 4, 2008

My daughter who is now in middle school went here for 3-5 grade and now my son is in kindergarten here. I love this school, very high parent involvement, teachers really care and are great with the kids. They work with you when you have issues or concerns and are always good about getting back to you. A+ on this public school!

Posted November 14, 2008

I was very apprehensive about this public school. I love the school and the teachers. I have been pleasantly suprised and pleased by the school as a whole!

Posted May 23, 2008

I think that Rippling Woods Elementary School is great. They offer many programs and activities for the students. I'm also glad that my daughter can learn more because the classes aren't over crowded.

Posted May 5, 2008

My daughter attends this school and it is awesome. The teachers really care and work with the children , there is high parent involvement. It is the best

Posted July 5, 2007

I think this is school is the best of the best the teachers are excellent great staff & students... RWES keeps the children involved in the teachings & activities I have 2 kids in this school and I'm so very pleased to see them so very excited about all they've learned that day ...My husband is 31 this year and he went to this school with his brother when they were young now here our children attend the same school and it's just as wonderful as it was then ...keep up the wonderful work RWES !

Posted January 23, 2006

My daughter has attended RWES since kindergarden - every year, she fell in love with her teacher for the year, and received the absolute best academic schedule anyone could have hoped for. The principals (there have been 2 in her 6 years there) have been excellent, caring, and friendly individuals who provide a comfortable learning environment for each child. I appreciate the tenderness and also professionalism of all of the staff, from the teachers, to the nurses, to the lunch room attendants - everyone there is much like a family and treated my daughter the same. This school taught my daughter to love learning, to find treasures in math and science and social studies - it also allowed her to created timeless friendships with her peers, as well as her wonderful teachers. Instrumental music program was excellent - sports, PTA - all was outstanding.

Posted February 15, 2005

My son attended here from K-2 (2001-2004) and greatly benefited from small classroom sizes (less than 20 students) in grades 1&2. We loved the creative art projects he brought home from recycled trash. The school really tries to involve the parents from programs like 'Donuts for Dads' and 'Muffins for Moms' where parents sample their child's morning. We always felt his teachers were approachable and were fully open to share the curriculum. I appreciated that one teacher in particular kept in contact via email regularly with us. I was very impressed with the stress on making a well-rounded student and how they had a wonderful program where everyone could find a niche whether it be recorder karate (colored belts displayed to show proficiency), projects for the art festival, or a GT program that catered to my son's abilities. Unfortunately, we had to move because of my husband's job.

Posted August 16, 2004

My children started in the middle of the year from private schools and I was greatly impressed with the new curriculum. My mother is a Curriculum specialist and confirmed that the new curriculum is very challenging. The teachers and staff are helpful and supportive. Although as a parent we still have to do our part to ensure the overall success of our kids.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 48%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

530 Nolfield Dr