Bad
Good

Southgate Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2014
My children have gone to Southgate from Kindergarten to Fifth grade. I have never had a problem. The teachers are excellent. They really care about your kids and want them to do well. They are very open and welcoming to parents. There are many activities to promote involvement and for raising funds for the school. I have also worked very closely with special education. They have always been openly communicative and care about what I think. My kids have been very lucky to have had the opportunity to go to this school.

Southgate Elementary School 5

Posted July 08, 2013
This school was fun while it lasted while being my last year here the teachers are great and push you to do your best. The vice principal and principal don't play around, hopefully you don't end up in the office unless its for a positive referral. For all the southgaters I want to give you some advice get good grades and try your best, it will help you in the future! !

Southgate Elementary School 5

Posted February 14, 2013
Both my sons attend Southgate and I can't say enough wonderful things about the teaching, administrative staff and the entire atmosphere of the school. The new school is beautiful and the children adore that but regardless of the appearance the staff is what makes the difference and they are incredible. Both my children have areas that require some extra attention and they manage to receive it at Southgate. At their old school unless they were gifted/talented or had severe learning disabilities they didn't receive the extra attention. Thank you so much to the school I know they have changed my kids' lives.

Southgate Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2012
This is my daughters first year in Southgate, she is in K. So far I love the school and more importantly my daughter loves going to school at Southgate. I find the staff to be very friendly and always available to talk if you need to. The new IB PYP program is great! It just adds to the curriculum giving the children a more in depth veiw of things. The PTA always seems to have some fun festivals planned to bring the families and school together. My only complaint is that I wish they had slightly better communication between the school and parents. But all in all we are all very pleased with our experience with Southgate.

Southgate Elementary School

Posted April 07, 2009
In my son's 2 years at Hilltop, his teachers have been very patient and attentive to his 'needs'. I want to thank everyone, teachers, counselors, librarian, and health room personnel for the GREAT JOB you are doing. I hope I didn't leave any one out!!!!! KEEP IT UP ;0)

Southgate Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2007
Southgate Elementary was acedemically excellent as were the teachers and the extracurricular activities. Where they lack is school safety not inside but outside. Most kids have to walk home and across a busy intersection. I have seen numerous fights among kids and there is no one to stop them besides the kids and the parents. In my opinion if they can make them walk home they can atleast make sure they get home safe.

Southgate Elementary School
290 Shetlands Ln, Glen Burnie, MD  21061
Last modified Southgate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.