Glen Burnie, MD

St Pauls Lutheran School 2

Posted February 23, 2015
I do not really write reviews but felt the need to provide an honest review about St.Paul's after seeing some of the reviews that were all submitted on the same day/week. This is an honest review from a parent with 2 kids at this school. This is our third year at St. Paul's. My kid in middle is doing fine, she is an above average student in all of her courses, my kid in elementary is struggling a lot. This school is very fast-paced in the work that is taught to the kids. If your kid is above average then this school will be fine for you. If your child is average or struggles a bit in certain subjects, I will say to look else where. From what I have experienced, the teachers are caring but lack the skills and development to meet the learning needs of various students.

St Pauls Lutheran School 3

Posted January 26, 2015
This is my son's first year at St. Paul's. He likes it here and his friends. The school offers a lot of activities for the kids especially with the new principal, such as Falcon Fridays where the parents can come and eat lunch with their kids. However, my concern is with his teacher. His teacher gives A LOT of paper work/tests. As a fellow educator, it oftentimes appears to be busy work. Half of the work, she does not grade but merely puts a star on it to signify that she saw it. Secondly, every week the kids have to memorize a Bible memory verse. Most of the time, my son has no idea what he is memorizing as the teacher does not take time out to explain or go over the memory verse. As we all know, the Bible is sometimes hard to comprehend. Yet, she gives a test every week on the memorized verse. My son now dislikes these memory verses and has said he feels like the Bible is a "pain" which is going against on why we placed him in a Christian school to begin with. Again, I feel this is all busy work. I cannot speak on every teacher, just my experience with his teacher. I'm giving the school one more year and if his next teacher is the same, I will move him.

Posted April 24, 2012
We love St. Paul's! Our children have been there since they were in preschool, and absolutely love it! We believe the Christian education they are receiving is the best possible for our family. Like every experience, there have been bumps in the road, but we've found that through prayer - and communicating/working with the staff and administration - all situations get resolved appropriately. Our children are loved, respected and treated as individuals. They feel the love of Christ every day, and are confident and happy. We would highly recommend (and have done so) St. Paul's to anyone who values a Christian education but insists on a strong academic experience.

Posted April 22, 2012
Our Child has been at St. Paul's since P4. He loves the school and has done well. He has ADHD and some other learnig differences. He has faced challenges and so have his teachers. He has always been treated with love and kindness and I can tell you a couple of times; he was a real stinker! He is on par or ahead of his public school friends. He has an extensive vocabulary. He does not speak in slang nor is he disrespecful. He is a happy second grader that loves school and Jesus. We thought we might move and I prepared him for a change to public school. He eyes grew quite large when I told him no prayers. Riding the big yellow school bus went right out the window! James is in the best learning ervironment possible for him to thrive; both academically and spiritually. My friend and neighbor told me about St. Paul's and she loved the school. If more children had this loving atmosphere to learn in I do believe the world would be seeing less violence. I wish I could afford to offer Scholarships for children to St. Paul's. Maybe someday I will. With prayer all thingsare possible.

Posted April 19, 2012
I have two children who have attended St. Paul's since kindergarten and 1st grade and are currently in middle school. We were referred to the school by a friend whose children also attend the school. Though we are not Lutheran, the atmosphere has been very welcoming. Both of my children have done well, but particularly my elder child, who came to the school from the county Early Childhood Intervention preschool for speech delay. My son, who did not speak until he was four years old, has thrived both academically and socially. He participates in Art Club, plays trumpet in the Advanced Band and this year was accepted into the Chesapeake Youth Orchestra, and he has made the honor roll every semester of middle school. My other son is active in several of the sports programs offered at the school, including basketball and flag football. He also play trombone in the Advanced Band. Next year we will be applying to private high schools in the area, but our departure from the St. Paul s family will be bitter sweet as we will miss everyone from the other families, to the teachers and even the facilities manager who always has a smile for the children.

Posted April 19, 2012
My daughter is starting her 2nd year at St. Pauls this coming school year and she absolutely loves it here. I am very pleased with the Teachers and staff, they take the time with the students getting to know them and their needs. They also help them on a one on one and group settings. The atmosphere of the school is very friendly and welcoming. I have never had any issues with the Administration if I should have a question someone is always there to answer and if they cant answer they direct me to someone who can. The school makes it very easy to communicate with the teachers and staff if you should have any questions or just want updates on how your child(ren) are doing in class. Since my daughter has started at St. Pauls I have seen a huge improvement in her skills compared to what they were like at her previous school. St. Pauls also offers a before/after school program for those parents who cant get off work to pick their child(ren) up after school hours. The staff is great, they teach how to do different activities with the kids and playing with them. I would recommend St. Pauls to any of my friends/family.

Posted April 19, 2012
Our family has two children who currently attend the school and one who graduated, attended a top private high school, and will be graduating from college in May. After he left St. Paul s Lutheran School he was well prepared for both high school and college. Each of my children have developed friendships with classmates that I am sure will continue for the rest of their life, as well as a love and appreciation of our Lord. My son who is in seventh grade participates in many extracurricular activities. He plays with the band, plays soccer and flag football and is a member of the Art Club. My daughter excels academically and has blossomed from a shy preschooler to a vivacious and outgoing fourth grader. The academic atmosphere has fostered a love of reading in all of my children. I used to say I can t get their noses out of their books, but now I have to say I can t get them to turn off their Kindles! I highly recommend the school for any family in search of a Christian school that provides a firm academic foundation for their higher education.

Posted April 19, 2012
We have two children that currently attend St. Paul s. We were referred by a co-worker and have been a St. Paul s family for the past seven years. This review may be of interest to a specific set of parents as both of our children have ADHD. Most of the teachers have been more than accommodating with our children with one teacher in particular, Troy Bauer, being a top-notch supporter of children with different learning styles. We had a conversation prior to the beginning of my older child s sixth grade year. When I explained that my daughter had ADHD, he rattled off several different cases that he had encountered over the years and how he adapted his teaching methods to accommodate these children. I cannot begin to explain my sense of relief at not having to fight the system as many of my friends and co-workers have had to do with other schools. Should tutoring be needed, several of the teachers offer their services at very reasonable rates. Overall we have been very pleased with St. Paul s and would like to echo the sentiment of the other reviewers wish there was a high school!

St Pauls Lutheran School 1

Posted March 17, 2012
The atmosphere at St Pauls is unchristian and demeaning to children. Good instruction is the exception rather than the rule. The academics are substandard with many teachers relying solely on unrelated movies, worksheeets and busywork to fill class time, despite hefty book bills and activity fees to the families. The administration is unwilling to listen to parent concerns or make changes, and an an air of superiority as well as racism pervades. Definitely not worth the time or money spent.

Posted September 24, 2011
St. Pauls is a great school for a christian education. The staff is great. The only problem I have has nothing to do with the school,but the other parents. I am not sure why, but they think it is ok to invite just about every kid to birthday parties, sleepovers, etc and exclude 3 or 4 kids. Those kids have to hear all the other kids disussing all these parties and that causes very hurt feelings. So if you don't mind your childs feelings being hurt several times a year then this is the pefect school.

St Pauls Lutheran School
308 Oak Manor Drive, Glen Burnie, MD  21061
Last modified St Pauls Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Pauls Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top