PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

St Pauls Lutheran School 2

Posted September 26, 2015
Compared to the other state approved Christian private schools in the area (the others are in Severna Park), you can't beat the price of the tuition. Now, on the other hand, this school tries to incorporate a lot of activities for the families. All of which requires payment (money going back to the school). The reason for the 2 stars, the teachers and the principal. The principal spends most of her time sending emails as opposed to checking in on the teachers and the classrooms. And the teachers, this school is filled with older teachers who have their "old" way of thinking and teaching. No differentiation of learning takes place and every activity is a test. No collaboration, communication, STEM---- do not exist in this school. While they do have computer class, that is about it.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 26, 2015
Many of the teachers are old. They have an "old" manner in the way they teach. Constant quizzes and tests. Quite frankly, the school feels like a public school, only different is that you are paying $600.00 a month for it.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 26, 2015
All busy work. My daughter brings home nothing but papers of worksheets. This is the way the older teachers test for comprehension. The focus is not on the student.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted September 26, 2015
Its all about the tests. It keeps the students busy which is what the older teachers like.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted September 26, 2015
The school is filled with older teachers, all of whom have their old way of teaching. Its about tests, perfect behavior, sit in your seats, are the norm.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 26, 2015
The focus of this school is to continue to get funds for the school. The principal clearly does not focus on student development. I am pretty sure she does not know the students other than those whose parents who donate big bucks to the school.

St Pauls Lutheran School 2

Posted February 23, 2015
I do not really write reviews but felt the need to provide an honest review about St.Paul's after seeing some of the reviews that were all submitted on the same day/week. This is an honest review from a parent with 2 kids at this school. This is our third year at St. Paul's. My kid in middle is doing fine, she is an above average student in all of her courses, my kid in elementary is struggling a lot. This school is very fast-paced in the work that is taught to the kids. If your kid is above average then this school will be fine for you. If your child is average or struggles a bit in certain subjects, I will say to look else where. From what I have experienced, the teachers are caring but lack the skills and development to meet the learning needs of various students.

St Pauls Lutheran School 3

Posted January 26, 2015
This is my son's first year at St. Paul's. He likes it here and his friends. The school offers a lot of activities for the kids especially with the new principal, such as Falcon Fridays where the parents can come and eat lunch with their kids. However, my concern is with his teacher. His teacher gives A LOT of paper work/tests. As a fellow educator, it oftentimes appears to be busy work. Half of the work, she does not grade but merely puts a star on it to signify that she saw it. Secondly, every week the kids have to memorize a Bible memory verse. Most of the time, my son has no idea what he is memorizing as the teacher does not take time out to explain or go over the memory verse. As we all know, the Bible is sometimes hard to comprehend. Yet, she gives a test every week on the memorized verse. My son now dislikes these memory verses and has said he feels like the Bible is a "pain" which is going against on why we placed him in a Christian school to begin with. Again, I feel this is all busy work. I cannot speak on every teacher, just my experience with his teacher. I'm giving the school one more year and if his next teacher is the same, I will move him.

St Pauls Lutheran School 5

Posted April 24, 2012
We love St. Paul's! Our children have been there since they were in preschool, and absolutely love it! We believe the Christian education they are receiving is the best possible for our family. Like every experience, there have been bumps in the road, but we've found that through prayer - and communicating/working with the staff and administration - all situations get resolved appropriately. Our children are loved, respected and treated as individuals. They feel the love of Christ every day, and are confident and happy. We would highly recommend (and have done so) St. Paul's to anyone who values a Christian education but insists on a strong academic experience.

St Pauls Lutheran School 5

Posted April 22, 2012
Our Child has been at St. Paul's since P4. He loves the school and has done well. He has ADHD and some other learnig differences. He has faced challenges and so have his teachers. He has always been treated with love and kindness and I can tell you a couple of times; he was a real stinker! He is on par or ahead of his public school friends. He has an extensive vocabulary. He does not speak in slang nor is he disrespecful. He is a happy second grader that loves school and Jesus. We thought we might move and I prepared him for a change to public school. He eyes grew quite large when I told him no prayers. Riding the big yellow school bus went right out the window! James is in the best learning ervironment possible for him to thrive; both academically and spiritually. My friend and neighbor told me about St. Paul's and she loved the school. If more children had this loving atmosphere to learn in I do believe the world would be seeing less violence. I wish I could afford to offer Scholarships for children to St. Paul's. Maybe someday I will. With prayer all thingsare possible.

308 Oak Manor Drive, Glen Burnie, MD  21061
Last modified St Pauls Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8