Calvary Baptist Church Academy 5

Posted September 17, 2009
This is in response to a parent that took their child out of Kinder at Calvery after just 4 months. I'm amazed such an in-depth conclusion could be reached after that short amount of time. Many parents that have children with behavioral problems like to consider them as 'creative & out going' when they can actually be disruptive and rude. My daughter attened there for 7 yrs and graduated in 2007 - she is a very creative and talented & Calvary completely encourage that in her . She's now in college studing to be a teacher herself. Thank you Calvery for the attention, time & caring you give to the children that attend there. Parents that are 'hands-on' with their children truly appreciate the decipline, (and no my child was never spanked or hit by the school or her family). Calvery was wonderful in bringing my daughter closer to the Lord.

Posted September 16, 2009
Provides an excellent education with awesome moral values. Students learn how to be wonderful citizens.

Calvary Baptist Church Academy 4

Posted May 06, 2009
My daughter attended Calvary K-4 through 3rd grade. I only pulled her out due to the expense as a single Mom (rough decision). We miss Calvary Baptist Church Academy! My daughter grew spiritually and academically during that time frame and will carry the lessons with her throughout her life. She's been in public school for 2 years and it is quite challenging ... structure is so important in all of our lives, mainly children, and Calvary helps with this, public school, not so much. Struggles with discipline occur in every school, matters are handled efficiently & effectively at Calvary. The teachers care & it shows in their hard work. I'm not sure what the other parents mean by stating it's not a loving environment, 8 years later & my daughter is still talking about how wonderful every single teacher was and describes in detail the fun she had at Calvary.

Posted April 29, 2009
I will be pulling my child from this school after this school year because of it's inability to effectively deal with bullies. When I brought the issue to the attention of the teacher, the bully was simply told to stop. Of course the bullying escalated. With no help from the teacher my child finally became fed up and retaliated, then the teacher blamed my child for part of the problem! So that's the way they handle bullies, wait until the victim is fed up and does something, then they can blame them both and forget about it. We live around the corner from a good school, but I paid for my child to go here to avoid situations like this, of course I'm extreamely disappointed. I can not recommend this school. Don't waste your money.

Posted February 05, 2009
My daughter currently atends Calvary and is in her 3rd year. She has had some great teachers who are very proactive in their students. We pulled her from public school at the insistance of some of her teachers who said she was above the system and needed to get a better education. I am so glad we made this decision , she now plays an instrument, learned how to draw, reads regularly and just keeps going. Thank you Calvary!

Calvary Baptist Church Academy 5

Posted January 30, 2009
I am currently attending Calvary. It is a wonderful school with excellent Biblical reviews and academics. I have been attending calvary for 8 years and it hasn't 'brainwashed' me. I personally think all the stricty rules has made me more respectful and responsible. Most parents don't think Calvary will not academically challenge their students which is not tture. I am academically two years ahead of the average teen in my grade and can start taking college courses next year. Calvary not only prepares you mentally but spiritually. There are also a lot of electives that can be taken at Calvary like art, sports,and drama. If you really want your child to have a good eduaction and have a good realationship with God then you willl consider calvary for your child.

Posted December 17, 2008
My child was a kindergarten student at Calvery and I pulled him out after 4 mos. They don't encourage little children to have personalities or be themselves. They believe that all of them should act like little 'cloons' or 'soliders'. There's no creativity or fun within the class room. If your child is outspoken or can communicate well for their age, that's frowned upon, they are pushed aside and told that they are not obeying or are being defiant. This makes little children think that they are bad or that they have done something wrong, when they haven't. When you have concerns about your childs progress, the teachers take offense if you question their character/teaching style. The administration and staff are unprofessional and rude. Pls send your children to a school that provides a loving environment, they enjoy learning, and can be a child.

Calvary Baptist Church Academy 4

Posted September 04, 2008

Calvary Baptist Church Academy 1

Posted August 30, 2008
i just started 9th grade this year at Calvary and i am deeply upset with the school.the kids in my class are rude and the teachers are all very serious and extremley strict people.hopefully i stay in this awful place for a yearr.please do not send your child to this school.

Posted October 12, 2007
I was a student from 9-12 and my education experience was horrible. I wasn't prepared for the outside world. I do not recommend this school.

Calvary Baptist Church Academy
407 Marley Station Road, Glen Burnie, MD  21060
Last modified Calvary Baptist Church Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Baptist Church Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top