Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 11, 2016
Mrs. Maurine Larkin. She has great people skills ( wonderful attitude ). If I have a problem or need help with a situation, I could call or email Mrs. Larkin she would help to her ability to solve the situation. She's a very kind and caring person. We need more like her in the school systems.

Monarch Academy 3

Posted February 11, 2016
I am not going to say that this school is prefect because it's not.Because I was one who had a problem with this school once. You may have some staff members that act unprofessional, but most of the staff is very positive and cares about the kids and there education. The principal Mrs. Maurine Larkin is very helpful and caring. If there is a problem Mrs. Larkin would handle it. She seems to want the best for kids. And that's what I like about her. She tries her best to make this school great along with some other positive teachers. So I learn not to judge this school in a bad way because of one or two negative staff members.

Monarch Academy 1

Posted January 23, 2016
Horrible school. Really a waste of time in trying to get your kids in this school

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 23, 2016
This school has a problem with dealing with African American students. And they don't teach the students any social skills

Posted July 10, 2014
All three of my children are enrolled at Monarch. We have been enrolled since the first year they opened. My kids love their school. I couldn't imagine my kids going any where else.

Posted May 20, 2014
Miononarch is an innovative school - the expeditionary learning model has been great for my son. Looking at topics across multiple disciplines creates a deeper understanding of the concepts. We wish there was more communication from the teachers, and advanced learners are not as challenged academically as they could be, but it is an excellent school.

Posted October 17, 2013
This is my son's second year at Monarch. He absolutely loves it. He was in private school before. Monarch is a close second. I think they would rate as high as a private school if they weren't forced into the public school model of student/teacher ratio (high). In his private school there were 14 students to a teacher and an assistant. At Monarch, it is about 20 to one teacher. Despite this ratio the teachers do a phenomenal job with their students. My son has continued to maintain his reading at one grade level above. I especially like the school's approach to learning. I am confident in the future success of the students at this school.

Posted August 18, 2013
My son has been at Monarch since the school opened. I would not want him to anywhere else.

Posted July 21, 2013
We absolutely love Monarch Academy! The teachers and administration are engaged in the learning and development of the students. I was very impressed with the kindergarten classes this year. The emphasis on projects and fieldwork always kept my daughter excited and wanting more. My daughter was reading before starting at Monarch, and at the end if her school year she now reads on a 2nd grade level. The work of all the teachers at Monarch is outstanding!

Monarch Academy 1

Posted July 05, 2013
I would not recommend this school to anyone. There is no disciplinary structure, making it hard for students to learn and for teachers to get support from administration. Furthermore, there are no extra-curricular activities or honors-level classes in middle school. Teachers are more concerned with being politically correct than teaching important curriculum. Bad behaviors in middle school get ignored, as administration thinks if they just show "love and caring," a child's behavior will turn around. That has proven ineffective. Bullying and cyber-bullying takes place on a regular basis, and racial tension is high. Please, DO NOT send your child(ren) to this school!

6730 Baymeadow Dr, Glen Burnie, MD  21060
Last modified Monarch Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monarch Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top