Bad
Good

Corkran Middle School 5

Posted March 03, 2016
It's my 7th graders first year at Corkran. It is also her first year on an OWL. At her previous school she struggled. It was a larger school ans she just got lost in the large student body. Corkran is a much smaller school and she has really done well. She has brought her grades up from mostly Ds and Es (core classes, not specials). To 1 C and the rest As and Bs. She doesn't have any issues as some of the other reviews of "bad kids". It's a normal middle school. There are kids that are testing their boundaries but the staff seems to be on top of it. I'm so glad we switched to corkran

Posted January 10, 2012
This is my child's first year here. He is doing well and made honor roll. I wished the teachers used Blackboard more, only a few of them do since the agenda book doesn't seem to be utilized. Mr. Keegan was a wonderful teacher I wish he could have stayed the entire year. My child does tell me the kids are "bad" and the school is "bad" but if he is doing what he is suppose to do than he shouldn't have any problems and he hasn't.

Corkran Middle School 1

Posted January 09, 2012
This is my childs first year at Corkran. Since the beginning of the year he has been bullied and beat up. Nothing was ever done to the child who did it. Also he is in Special ed and I never know what is going on. I email the teachers but never get a responce. His counslor is also useless. My child was supposed to be in an organizational group to help him stay organized and still nothing. I keep getting the same response, haven't gotten to it yet. This school has got to be one of the worst schools I have ever seen. I am looking into a private school for next year.

Corkran Middle School 5

Posted March 11, 2011
Corkran middle is a excellent school so don't be saying bad stuff about that school because i know someone that goes there and he says its fabulous!!!

Corkran Middle School 2

Posted November 10, 2010
Violence is an issue at Corkran...big time bullying and lots of fights, threats, etc. My daughter is in 7th grade there. Last year, she had Mr Keegan - absolutely fabulous teacher - the best I've ever seen. He had my daughter turned around and getting A's for the first time, despite her learning disabilities. This year, in 7th grade, there are no great teachers...mediocre ones at best. They ignore my daughter's 504 plan. She's struggling. And again, with the violence and bullying. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone!

Corkran Middle School 2

Posted October 19, 2010
Some teachers are excellent, of course. Some are not. I have one child in advanced classes and he complains they are too easy and are boring, but he doesn't complain about the discipline or mean teachers. My other child is in below average classes and complains constantly about screaming teachers, disruptive children and my own sweet little boy is now showing signs of aggression as a result of being picked on and teachers doing nothing about it. Bullying is huge problem at Corkran, from what I've seen, and the staff cannot handle it.

Corkran Middle School 3

Posted August 13, 2010
What year did the Principal change? From all the notes I have been reading it seems that after 2007 the school has gone downhill. It is sad, I went to Corkran and we had fights and bullies but we did not have 6th graders on house arrest. I am interested in seeing what the percentage of the uniform proposal was. I was hoping uniforms would pass; one less thing to compete over reducing fights and stealing.

Posted March 04, 2010
i think violence is a big problem in my school.

Corkran Middle School

Posted September 03, 2008
i had one leave corkran and i have one in the 8th grade, both love the teachers and learned alot.

Posted November 13, 2007
My daughter completed 7th and 8th grade at Corkran. This was a wonderful experience for her. The teachers and administration took care to know my child and to be involved in her schooling. I feel that my daughter received a great education at Corkran. She is now in the IB program at Old Mill and doing quite well with thanks to Corkran

Corkran Middle School
7600 Quarterfield Rd, Glen Burnie, MD  21061
Last modified Corkran Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.