Posted December 12, 2013
All schools have their issues. I would say from experience that students at gbhs think theu can do anything and get away with it. Not enough resources are given to help/reward the positively behaving students, you have to act out to get one on one attention. The special education department is devoted to helping students...this can not be said for all departments. Overall an okay school...improvements are needed and healthroom staff is NEVER willing or has a positive attitude towards doing their job

Posted August 04, 2013
I'm about to be a senior, so I have plenty of experience with this school. I honestly think this school is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, the things that go on in my school happen at every single other school. Just because you don't hear about it as frequently, doesn't mean it's not happening. Yes, the bathrooms do smell like cigarettes at time, but that's going to be at every high school. Fights happen from time to time, but that ALSO happens at every other high school. The teachers are very lenient, helpful, and kind. They will be flexible with whatever needs you may need. I like this school a lot, and I'm glad I've got to share four years of experience here.

Posted April 10, 2013
I'm a first year student. A freshman. And I have to say that the school over all isn't the greatest. I love my teachers. They'er all great. But some of my teacher don't care AT ALL about what the students are doing. And many of those students acting up are sophmores and juniors. Acting like fools and constantly talking about drugs and sex DURING class. Right in front of the teacher. And they're LOUD. But don't think that all the students are like that. Every school has a few fools running around. i actually have a number of friends who are upper classmen who are very mature; nice to be around. They help me with school and they helped me during the first few days of school when I was lost. So the students at GBHS ok. You just need to find the right crowd. And the school is NOT as depressing as some of these reviews make it to be. It does need a serious make-over; but you have to remember that this school is HUGE. THere are like, six different buildings. There's a lot of things to fix in just too many places. But I do suggest using the bathroom at home. Unless you're fine with the smell of smoke... Just keep yourself in check and you should be just fine.

Glen Burnie High School 5

Posted April 05, 2011
Awesome school. Awesome teachers! Will miss this school so much! I feel like GBHS has done an awesome job at helping me. Go Class of 2011!!

Glen Burnie High School 5

Posted November 28, 2010
i love this school so much im going be sad to leave gbhs. they are vary helpful and they care about there students and seniors they even help you get enrolled into a collage and prepare for the sats or psats they put me in this program that will help me into collage and find me a descant job the teachers, guidance consulars and administrators care and they are vary friendly i had just a little problem with bullying there i told administration they suspended the kids even though it wasn't that big of a deal they do not tolerate that at all out of my 4 years attending that school no teacher has ever let me fail if i was struggling and i love there redo policy its vary helpful i came from a bad school district and they told me to my face that i wasn't going to be no one in life but when i walked in the doors of glen burnie high they told me i will make it they worked with me and was always on my case i love it

Posted November 19, 2010
I have a first year student at GBH and she loves the school. She has done very well. Signed up for German and piano. She plays the piano and speak German. Go figure. The school said they teach these subjects/activities. The teacher did their job. My daughter did her job in paying attention. Me as a parent stay active in her daily studies. Granted GBH needs a serious facelift but what is inside managing and teaching the kids is what matter most.

Glen Burnie High School 2

Posted November 01, 2010
there is no expectation of being anything more than a B student here. the kids are not rich and therefore dont invest in themselves academically. they just churn into the standard blue collar glen burnie experience. sad sad sad!!

Posted January 16, 2009
I have 2 children at GBH. Both have wonderful teachers who want to teach and help my children succeed. It is not perfect but believe me it could be much worse - I've seen it at other schools!

Glen Burnie High School 0

Posted January 11, 2009
I attended GBHS, and it is a great school. All of my teachers want out of their way to help me in any way possible. Yes the kids may rome around the school, but what do you expect to happen with an open campus. I can gurantee you, if you put the kids from Sevrna Park or Broadneck High Schools into GBHS they would rome around to. The job of GBHS's staff is to teach the kids, not be the parnets.

Posted December 10, 2008
I have one student that grduated from Gb with a 4.0 gpa, one that is in 10th grade on the honor society and very active in sports, and one that will be going Gb next year as a freshmen. I have found that most of the teachers at GB are great teachers. If I had concerns about my child I contacted them. Many students at GB are out of control and have very little guidance at all. The students lack respect of the teachers and the administrators. My children do just fine but I am very involved in all that they do. You can't lose grip on them. Even though they are older they are still children that need guidance. The staff can only do so much with all the children that attend the school. Some things must start at home.

Glen Burnie High School
7550 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Glen Burnie, MD  21060
Last modified Glen Burnie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Burnie High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top