Bad
Good

I have been around Hilltop for over 20 years and let me tell you this school has gone down hill! It is over crowed and they keep busing more and more students in that are not from our area! All to get as much money as they can from the state ! Hilltop has some AWSOME teachers but they also have ones that should not be able to teach in any school ! I visited my sons classroom last year because they said he wasn't learning like he should! Well now wonder when you have a so called teacher who could not teach and basically let the class run wild! I contacted the school and low and behold they told me they knew that the teacher wasn't doing her job! My son is doom awesome now after having to get on the school about it! Sad that they knew and just let it continue until I said something! Two of the ladies in the office need to get there attitudes in check! I can't stand rude people at all!

I agree with another post with an 1 star rating, while I went on a field trip with hilltop 1 year ago... they were very disrespectful and bullied my classmates

My daughter is in Kindergarten this year at this school, and I couldn't be happier! She is an extremely bright child, so we were worried that she might get overlooked (she reads at an 8yr old level, and is in the top of her class for Math). But, the staff at the school has been more than wonderful in ensuring she continues to learn, and doesn't just sit there bored. I also volunteer in the school often, and every staff member is amazing. Every teacher I've met is passionate and truly loves their job, making them remarkable teachers. The facility is great! It's always very clean and well taken care of. It was just remodeled a couple years ago. They seem to stay on top of equipment (computer lab room, books in the library, classroom items, etc). I was happily surprised with how well things flowed throughout the day....kids getting to/from classes, lunchtime, arrival/dismissal, etc. Everything is so well organized, the entire day just seems to flow flawlessly. The children are taught to be polite and respectful, and they truly are. I would greatly recommend this school! It's sad that it currently only has a 5 out of 10 rating......it's honestly an amazing school.

My neice and nephew attend Hilltop and have excelled. They are both A/B students.

I for one enjoyed my daughter attending Hilltop. She is in Kindergarten and after only a few months into the school year, she is reading full sentences. The staff is friendly and they genuinely care about each student thumbs up.

The staff is the most dedicated I have worked with in my four years of teaching, and it's amazing to see how well the staff works with each other also...

This is NOT a school I would recommend. Aside from being poorly maintained. I am very much against the 'pod' classrooms in which you have approximately 4 classrooms in one greatroom with dividers. The school is dull and unattractive (not a good setting for learning. The bathrooms are small and have 'issues'.While the staff are very friendly the level of teaching is remedial, my children are learning what they were taught a year ago at their previous school.It's bad when a child complains about not being taught well.

Last modified Hilltop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.