Glen Burnie, MD

Posted April 11, 2014
This is the worse school I have ever worked with. I am sitting in the office now getting my sons transfer papers and the office staff is agitating a student that is already upset. There is an epidemic of kids that cut themselves and administration does nothing to bullys but then punishes the child that is bullied after they have had enough. There is a few good teachers that want to make learning exciting but the rest of them need a new profession because they are letting down our kids :(

Posted May 15, 2013
i am home schooled and i rather go back to Marley middle and that is saying something i love Marley!!!!

Marley Middle School 3

Posted August 30, 2012
I currently have a seventh and sixth grader at this school. Last year we had problems with my son being bullied. He was punched twice. Once for getting the answer right when the other child didn't. I don't think the staff handled it properly. I think that they brush some of it under the rug. I am hoping that this will be a better year. Other staff there including guidance counselors I am extremely pleased with and they are very willing to help. My sixth grader is ADHD and severe anxiety so I foresee this year I will really need the counselors help. From what my son tells me there is a lot of fighting in the classrooms and it is disruptive. My oldest daughter went there around eight years ago and she said there was a lot of fighting back then as well. Mostly with the boys. I think the school could improve upon somethings. Last I checked there was zero tolerance when it comes to bullying in Anne Arundel county. I think part of the problem comes from when they redistrict and changed what areas feed into Marley Middle.

Posted February 02, 2012
I have a 6th grader at Marley this year and have had a great experience with the school and staff. Not only do the teachers help the students they have been proactive in problem areas, with after school help on Tues and Thur. This is my second child to go through Marley and so far I have been very pleased with my child's education. Between the parent conect and after school progams, it is hard not to succeed.

Posted February 01, 2012
I agree that the staff do NOTHING but sit back and watch kids FIGHT violently in the hallwalls, bully each other and act like animals. The teachers don't help students that need extra attention with classwork. My child has been going there for 3 years now and it hasn't gotten any better. It's really a shame how bad the staff is.

Posted March 28, 2011
They do nothing in regards to kids being bullied I have been to the school numerous times and its still not handled yet. It makes you want to homeschool instead of dealing with this everyday!

Marley Middle School 4

Posted November 19, 2010
I have a first time student at this school. The facility itself is excellent. Very bright and certainly cheery. Definitely an atmosphere conducive to learning. The teachers are excellent. All are extremely uplifting to my daughter and are always there to help. Teacher schedule after school tutoring or help every week. The support provided can not be matched. All are involved and concerned about your childs education. Simply put, the teacher and school are doing a fine job. I as a parent have ready access via email to all teachers my daughter sees daily. There is no reason a parent could not and should not be involved with their childs education. My daughter is being challenged daily with her studies and is exceeding with honor roll status. Wonderful school!

Posted December 02, 2009
My son is in 7th grade and in his second year at Marley. He has special needs and I was so afraid to send him here! I actually thought about moving just to be in a different school district. Mr. Buckley has done a fantastic job with the school. I am so impressed with my son's education and the standard in which this school conducts is daily activities. As for the teachers....can we clone Mr. Byland? He is simply outstanding in every way. Just ask any parent of a child in his class, he is terrific. The school has improved 100% from what I remember as a middle schooler. This is a completely different school. You are still going to have some little problems, we are dealing with 6, 7th and 8th graders, but they are kept to a minimum. Keep up the great work; I have another child attending in two years.

Posted October 13, 2009
I am a student at Marley Middle School and I love it! The teachers are nice and caring.

Posted May 27, 2009

Marley Middle School
10 Davis Ct, Glen Burnie, MD  21060
Last modified Marley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top