Bad
Good

I was a current child attending North Glen for Pre-K to 5 grade! This school includes amazing education styles. The teacher is amazing and offers a safe learning environment! They have a celebration every marking period (PBIS) to celebrate the great behavior each child does! I WISH I COULD STAY THERE ALL MY LIFE....... MY CHILD HOOD LIVES IN THAT SCHOOL..... I LOVE NORTH GLEN

My son is in second grade at North Glen, and this is his second year at the school. This school gives me the impression that it does not reach above and beyond (even with seemingly positive attitude) in wanting to see students excel beyond the norm. Its lack luster school spirit and pride is disappointing. I believe there is a communicative disconnect between staff and parents. From what I have seen many parents probably would love to be more active, however I do not see those opportunities. God forbid you ask for any information, depending on who you ask you may be ignored. Last, I am not sure even if they have a functioning PTA. I became a member, and never received a notice or email. They do have meetings but really no list of goals are made for students that non-involved parents are aware of. I am not downing all the teachers or principal however I would rate them a C- for effort and communication :(. Also, no information given on intellectual advancement for second graders. My son will not be returning next year.

My child is in 1st Grade at North Glen I also agree about the good and the bad at North Glen. I have seen a lot of good teachers amd some not so good ones go figure my son has one of the not so good ones. He was getting more homework then high school kids were! But she has recent left for the year and now they have a permanent Subsitute who is wonderful thank God. I think the Principal is good she does what she can with what she has. The school is definitly underfunded and has been that way since I went there sometime ago. I do like the lack of violence and that is good. Overall it's a decent school could be a lot worse!!!!!

I have to agree with the previous parent's review! You are so right about the good and bad at North Glen. The bad is probably the old broken down building and a non-existent PTA? It's a mockery of a PTA. The school seems underfunded in every aspect and there are not enough teacher assistants in the classrooms. They rely on parent volunteers but there aren't many. The great thing about the school is that there is rarely any violence which is comforting.

North Glen is a decent school. My children have had both good teachers and those who probably shouldn't be teaching anymore. The principal seems tough, but is also inconsistent at times. There is no after school child care program, and the extra-curricular activities are minimal. Communication from the school is sometimes slow. However, its a small school, with decent student/teacher ratios, and for the most part, there is little bullying and fighting is almost unheard of. So it has its good and bad. They are usually very underfunded, and therefore rely on parents to volunteer because of a lack of funding for teachers aides, as well as multiple fundraisers through the year.

My daughter is in the ECI at North Glen Elem and I love this school... It's a great school that shows they care about the students... Next year she will be in Pre-K and I am keeping her in this school... In fact I would keep her here even if we move out of the district... That is if they would let me :)

I just wanted to say that I truly think North Glen Elementary is a 'great' School. I transferred my son from DC public schools. My son is showing a great turn around and he loves the school.

Last modified North Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.