Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 06, 2015
I feel the teachers respect the students so the students respect the teachers in return.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 06, 2015
I love that most grades the student is given homework on a Monday and has till Friday to finish. This helps with after school activities.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 06, 2015
Oakwood has character traits that the school stands by which helps every student in the school. Last years trait was Perseverance.

Oakwood Elementary School 5

Posted August 06, 2015
Oakwood is a small but wonderful school. We are a National Character School. The teachers are very friendly and go up and beyond what is asked of them. We have a fantastic PTA that helps with many events during the school year. Can't wait to enjoy the new gym when school starts up again.

Oakwood Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
Great school! They are very friendly, family oriented, and open to work with whatever needs you have. It is clean and up to date. The staff is excellent and they do lots of fun things during the year to keep the parents and students involved.

Oakwood Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2009
My child attended Oakwood for kindergarden last year. I too agree with another review that there are way too many children that do not speak English. In my daughters class there were also quite a few with attention deficit problems, which took away learning from others. I am happy to say that I had the opportunity to send my daughter to another school. The difewrence in the student population and the atmosphere is worth the tuition payment!

Oakwood Elementary School 5

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted January 13, 2009
I currently have 2 children attending Oakwood and thus far the school has been working well for both of my children. My son is doing exceedingly well in schooland doesn't need a lot of help but my daughter is totally opposite. She has been having trouble with girls bullying her and my husband I both feel that the school has not been much help to solve the problem. There are also many non english speaking children in many classes and they really detract from the english speaking students ability to learn. As far as academics the school fares pretty well but as I listed above, there are also many things that go on at this school that would make it hard for any child to focus on school work. If your children speak English and you have a choice of another school I would really send them elsewhere.

Oakwood Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2008
My daughter in attending Pre-K at Oakwood this year. She is learning so much; similar to what I would expect from a Kindergarten class! She loves school and her teachers. I love the structure and preparation I feel she is getting to help her transition into Kindergarten.

Posted January 21, 2008
Our daughter is currently attending 2nd grade and completed 1st grade at Oakwood. She enjoys her teachers and we really like the positive attitude and style of Principal Knouse. Even though the school may not be numerically ranked at the top, we have been very pleased with our daugther's learning and she looks forward to going to school every day!

330 Oak Manor Dr, Glen Burnie, MD  21061
Last modified Oakwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.