Glenarden, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted September 08, 2014
GWES is an exemplary school! The principal, Tag-coordinator, special team, and teachers have a wealth of experience and knowledge. I have a son in fourth grade and a daughter who just completed 5th and transferred to College Park Academy. I applaud the efforts of Ms. Bowlding and her team in adjusting students at the temporary new home at the Robert Goddard School. GWES represents the model for other schools to aspire. It is a wonderful school and would love to send my 3rd child in the next school year!

Posted December 08, 2009

Glenarden Woods Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2008
I have been extremely pleased with GWES. I have found the principal, vice-principal, teachers, and all staff to be wonderful to interact with and truly the children are put first. I have 2 children in the TAG program. My youngest started in the comprehensive and has recently been placed into the TAG program. I was pleased with the comprehensive program and had no problems with any teachers in the comprehensive program. I absolutely LOVE the TAG program. It is wonderful to hear what my children are learning each day. My children attended a different school prior to coming to GWES and it s so nice that I no longer hear from them how easy everything is and that they don t need to study because they already know everything. My children are truly being challenged academically, which is exactly what I wanted for them. Keep up the great work GWES!

Glenarden Woods Elementary School 3

Posted April 22, 2008
The teachers that I have come in contact with in the 4th-5th grade are not very passionate, caring, or patient with the students. In my opinion they are they just to drop off the curriculum and move on. My girls are in the 4th and 5th and I have had nothing but negative attitudes from the 4th grade teacher so we will be transferring to another school.

Posted September 27, 2007
Glenarden Woods is a wonderful school with caring teachers. My daughter is currently inthe 6th grade and loves it. The feasts they have each year are very stimulating to the children and fun for the parents. Way to go GWES-a National Blue Ribbon School 2006

Posted August 01, 2007
Great school and staff!

Posted July 28, 2006
I'm proud to say I have 2 girls attending Glendarden Woods Elementary. One's been attending GWES since 2nd grade (TAG), and begins 5th in the Fall; the other has been attending GWES in the 'TAG-Along' sibling comprehensive program the last 2 years. She too has tested into TAG, so will begin 2nd Grade TAG in the Fall. I'm thrilled with how well they've both been doing, and they enjoy school! The teachers--BOTH the TAG and Comprehensive--are SUPERIOR, and the curriculum is stimulating and mind-broadening. ALL the staff is very dedicated, with EXCELLENT credentials and training. WE love GWES!

Posted January 19, 2006
I am a proud parent of two guaduates of Glenarden Woods Elementary. The school has a great Talened and Gifted program as well as a decent comprehensive program. GWES has a great staff who make it evedent that they love their job. GWES has a yearly feast mostly targeted for the TAG program that allows children to learn about an ancient civilizaton. The feast challenges childrens imagination and knowledge. My children are excelling in their new schools. 2 thumbs up Glenarden Woods Elementary!

Glenarden Woods Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2005

Posted March 25, 2005
GWES is an exemplary school! Both, the comprehensive and TAG teachers, have a wealth of experience and knowledge. I have a daughter in first grade and a daughter in fourth grade. Although this is their first year at GWES, they have both adjusted well and had a very enriching educational experience. I applaud the efforts of Ms. Bridgwater and her team. GWES represents the model for other schools to aspire. It is a wonderful school! Sonya Braddock

Glenarden Woods Elementary School
7801 Glenarden Parkway, Glenarden, MD  20706
Last modified Glenarden Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenarden Woods Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top