Bad
Good

Both of my children attend JSW and every year I am happy with my kids teachers. I have to agree with one parent though, not alot of parents are involved. I'm that parent that has the teachers email addy's and do "pop up" visits. I have a great experience with the school, because we work together as a team (parent and teacher). I have NO complaints about my school!! Love it every year!

This school works hard to help all students to meet their goals. The programs that they make available to students is outstanding. The programs that my granddaughter is participanting in, I have notice improving in her attitude and work habits. I appreciated having the opportunity to comment on her school. Job well done. Thank you.

I had a niece that attended the school last year in per k-3, she couldn't talk as good as my daughter, didn't know her colors or shapes and I home school my daughter last year because she didn't get in to per k-3 last year. After the school year was out my niece learned more then her colors, shapes, # and abc's. My daughter is attended the 2013-2014 school year and so far I've notice the teachers really care about the students in just more then the education , but what going on at home as will. The only reason the school have 3 out of 10 is because the parents/ guardians don't participate, in there kids education. There are at lease 2-4 students in each class who cant read, 2-4 who adding.Its not the teachers fault,it's the parents/ guardians.My mother works there and the STORYS I hear about the parent is just terrible,they care more about work then there kids.Parents need to be more involved with there children that goes for all schools rated under 10.No excuses.I worked two full time job's still find time to home school my child.so 3 is not the rating for this school its the parents/guardians who get the 3.the teachers are great they try so hard.I would recommend this school but?

im not much on making long winded reviews, but with all the things going on in my kids lives jsw is helping to point them in the correct direction with emotional educational and moral support. Oh and if you dont train your kids dont expect someone else to it starts at home.

Unfortunately, from reading the past reviews there was something to be excited about having a child attend this school. My experience over this past year is that there lacks enough discipline in the children and many parents aren't participating in the school or their children. Teachers spend more time discipling children than teaching. What a loss for those kids who have the ability to do well and want to. Surrounded by so much activity that has nothing to do with education is a distraction by itself. I am desparately trying to get my child transfer to a better school.

Last modified Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.