Glenarden, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted August 22, 2014
Both of my children attend JSW and every year I am happy with my kids teachers. I have to agree with one parent though, not alot of parents are involved. I'm that parent that has the teachers email addy's and do "pop up" visits. I have a great experience with the school, because we work together as a team (parent and teacher). I have NO complaints about my school!! Love it every year!

Posted October 18, 2013
I had a niece that attended the school last year in per k-3, she couldn't talk as good as my daughter, didn't know her colors or shapes and I home school my daughter last year because she didn't get in to per k-3 last year. After the school year was out my niece learned more then her colors, shapes, # and abc's. My daughter is attended the 2013-2014 school year and so far I've notice the teachers really care about the students in just more then the education , but what going on at home as will. The only reason the school have 3 out of 10 is because the parents/ guardians don't participate, in there kids education. There are at lease 2-4 students in each class who cant read, 2-4 who adding.Its not the teachers fault,it's the parents/ guardians.My mother works there and the STORYS I hear about the parent is just terrible,they care more about work then there kids.Parents need to be more involved with there children that goes for all schools rated under 10.No excuses.I worked two full time job's still find time to home school my child.so 3 is not the rating for this school its the parents/guardians who get the 3.the teachers are great they try so hard.I would recommend this school but?

Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2010
im not much on making long winded reviews, but with all the things going on in my kids lives jsw is helping to point them in the correct direction with emotional educational and moral support. Oh and if you dont train your kids dont expect someone else to it starts at home.

Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2008

Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2007
Unfortunately, from reading the past reviews there was something to be excited about having a child attend this school. My experience over this past year is that there lacks enough discipline in the children and many parents aren't participating in the school or their children. Teachers spend more time discipling children than teaching. What a loss for those kids who have the ability to do well and want to. Surrounded by so much activity that has nothing to do with education is a distraction by itself. I am desparately trying to get my child transfer to a better school.

Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School 5

Posted January 14, 2006
- a former student
i use to be a stedent in the school, but now i'm in middle school, and u peaple are right Dr. Branham is an great principal,at of all the principals i have had he is the best, jsw is also an awsome school all the teacher are so nice and sweet, i miss it so much. and its a talentd school to, and they even have good extracurricular activities at least i think they still do

Posted September 10, 2003
I have to agree with Dr. Barhm (Head of School) being involved with the children. He has great enthuiasm. Every time I go to the school, there is always a smile on his face. When he isn't in the office, he is walking the halls, or in the classrooms, lunchroom interacting with the children with conversations and with the teachers. I love this. He is a great leader and a great choice for JSW.

Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School
3000 Church St, Glenarden, MD  20706
Last modified Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Judge Sylvania W. Woods Sr. Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top