Glenn Dale, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted May 22, 2014
I L-O-V-E Glenn Dale Elementary. This is a true gem in PGCPS. The principal is supportive and a true hard worker. This same work ethic can be seen in her staff. They go above and beyond to make sure each child is successful.

Posted July 06, 2013
The principal is brining about a positive change and setting goals that will hold teachers accountable. The old principal was not engaged and the teachers were allowed to run free. When you have free range change is not good for you so you flee, good byr to the old and hello to the new. My little princess is now going to 3rd grade and thanks to the new teachers at Glenn Dale she is really growing and advancing. When only 6-10 parents show up for PTA meetings to find out what the staff is doing how can you rate anything. Get involved and maybe things will change

Glenn Dale Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2013
There was a principal change in 2012 and since then several of the school's most experienced teachers fled. The changes are clear - there is no 3rd grade TAG class anymore (affecting my TAG student), my other child's new teacher seems ineffective. My experiences with the principal have been dissatisfactory and sadly, disrespectful. In fact, I only landed on this page because I plan on transferring my children to another school and was researching neighboring schools. There are some really nice people there though. Glenn Dale used to be a good school, and the sense of community it once had has evaporated.

Glenn Dale Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2012
I have been very disatified with the school and the principal. My son is in the second grade class and I have never been notified when he is having a test at school and a textbook to study for these test never come home. After complaining I was given a website where my son's textbook could be found, but still no textbook has been sent home. My son was given a math test to see how well is he doing in his class and I was never informed of this test, neither was I ever given the results. WHen I asked for the results I was told that he scored basic, of course I have no idea what this means and Would like to know how I can help him and what he did weak in so that I can help him at home. I had to meeting with the principal and the teachers; the prinicipal told me that she would send a copy of the results home with my son.. that was at the beginning of February. I have yet to receive it and my son was given another state test (math) since then that I could not get him prepared for because again, I was not informed and no results have come home. I am looking forward to the school year being over so that I can transfer into a better school.

Posted January 07, 2011
I have two kids attending this school and am very pleased overall. They have a good range of experienced teachers with the average teacher having approximately 10-13yrs. The parent association is active. The principal is nice but appears to be aloof.

Glenn Dale Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted September 09, 2006

Posted March 21, 2005

Glenn Dale Elementary School
6700 Glenn Dale Rd, Glenn Dale, MD  20769
Last modified Glenn Dale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenn Dale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top