Glenn Dale, MD

Posted February 07, 2015
If you are looking for a school that truly desires you to partner with them and challenge your child academically then this is the school for you. The children are encouraged to be critical thinkers from a very young age. For example the 3 years olds just completed a moon project where they are learning about the phases of the moon. They then were asked at home to monitor the moon and chart it's progress. In addition the teacher would also send home email information to provide guidance and direction regarding the material covered in class (have you ever tried to get information from a three year old, these emails are life savers) this is true partnership at it's best. As a parent I often find those who have the biggest complaints about the school are looking for a dry clean school where they can drop off their children only to pick up with little involvement. This school will require you to spend time and work with your child for your child to be successful. You can not simply write a check.

Posted January 14, 2015
This school is nothing but flash. If you re looking for educational substance, this school is NOT for you. The children don't grasp what they are being taught, they merely know vague info. about the topic. Like everywhere else there are some great teachers, but the great teachers never stay long. There was a high turnover rate for the teachers every year my child was enrolled. The administration is a joke, to say the least. Dr. Dais will quickly dismisses concerns and won't address any issues with the staff that have been brought to her attention. The principal has not been truthful with me on several occasions and when I spoke to her about her telling me untruths, there wasn't a response. This is extremely unfortunate because it caused me to loose trust in the school all the way around. There was a child that had a severe allergic reaction to something he ate, the school did NOT act at all. Luckily, the grandparent was there to take the child to the emergency room for medical attention. The parent was not informed of the child s severe allergic reaction by the school. From being there first hand, if it wasn t for the grandparent being there the child would not have survived.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 5

Posted June 04, 2014
This school is simply wonderful. My child has truly has grown into a committed, dedicated hard working scholar and I completely credit RTCA's commitment to education to my child's growth and development.

Posted June 03, 2014
My child is currently enrolled in Reid Temple Christian Academy, and I am very pleased with this program. I would rate Reid Temple Christian among the great schools in our region based on the following criteria: 1. The leadership has a clearly defined and communicated vision for the children that embraces the whole child, 2. The teachers are dedicated, and sincerely focus on learning, not just grades. We did have two challenging teachers this year, but that situation was rectified. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect that issues are dealt with in a timely manner, which is exactly what happened in this instance. 3. Parents are engaged in the school, and have a voice. 4. The students seem generally happy, and my child loves the school. I assume that I am not aware of everything that happens, but I do not consider myself to be completely in the dark. Finally, I believe that a solid Christian environment supports my child overall development. Thank you RTCA

Posted June 02, 2014
Reid Temple Christian Academy has been a true blessing to my children and family. The academic rigor is excellent. The school has fostered a love of learning for my children. I have one child that entered the school with academic challenges upon the completion of this school year he is performing above grade level. In addition at the beginning of the year my child was bullied by another student. I was impressed with the swift, formalized, compassionate way in which the matter was handled. Finally I love the commitment developing a love and relationship with Christ, through daily Chapel devotionals.

Posted May 19, 2014
The staff is horrible and communication is awful!!! The parents and students don't get any respect unless they are employed there at the school. If you aren't part of the so called crew at this so called Christian school your opinion doesn't count. The Business department is the worse. They lose your documents, fax never works, and never get a return call when you leave a message on the main line, if it is even working. I am so glad I pulled my kids out. No I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone else. They got rid of the good teachers. The staff doesn't do anything about bullying. They cover and say its just good friends hanging out. Just an excuse. Everybody's family gets employed and that's who they look out for. I thought this would be where my kids graduated from but they seem to be happier now! Stressfree !! The business department really needs help. Please look at other schools before you register your precious children here. Ask about the teacher/ students turnover rate.

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is awful, the administration is simply awful and they have no problem resolution skills whatsoever, it s all about favoritism and if your child is bullied and they are not the teachers and the administrations staff favorite you can forget any protection for your child. They claim they are so Godly, but when it comes to you child being bullied the administration claim to be so concern and yet will not respond or follow up with parents. This school claims that they are a STEM school, what a laugh, This school year the school hired the worse unqualified math and science teachers and they were fired in January, be mindful we still had to pay over 9,000 for the tuition and most of the students learn absolutely nothing. The school s Director and her assistant were force to assume trying to teach the students math and science in January, which was much to late in the school year for the student to be prepared and totally productive. But get this, the students were held accountable and rushed to learn the material in order to take the standardized year-end testing.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 3

Posted October 21, 2013
We have a child in one of the pre-K programs and are generally happy with the program. We enrolled them after a school open house. Here are our thoughts so far: Pros: -The staff are very nurturing to the children; the children in the pk-2 through 5 program seem happy and engaged; if you have a question and ask, someone will try to help you find the answer, the same day if not the next; our child can tell us one new thing they've learned and retained each day; the school is offers various non-classroom learning experiences; low student teacher ratio. Areas to improve:consistency on enforcing the rules (e.g. pick up time, due dates, uniforms); opportunities for students to be more active during the day; less emphasis on testing and less homework at this age. The things that bother us about the school really have nothing to do with what our child is learning and their growth. Most items are indicative of the school being young. Policies are in place but procedures could be improved. It seems a little strict for young kids but that may be because it's a parochial school. So far its a reasonable value for a private school in this area with the certifications its obtained (ie STEM)

Reid Temple Christian Academy 3

Posted June 12, 2013
I have had my child in RTCA for three years and I was happy the first year, because the teacher was GREAT, but left and went to another local private school! I knew there were some problems that year, but I thought they would be resolved/addressed. Instead, more teachers left, students left, tuition increased and it continued to be a downhill battle that year. The school has the potential of being top notch, but there is poor communication, unorganization, teacher transition, favoritism of students amongst the staff, unprofessional and unknowledgeable office personnel, and no consistency of rules and regulations. Each year the tuition increases with no explanation of where the additional funds will be allocated. If you are interested in enrolling your child, you will be very impressed by the curriculum, but the Administration and Staff definitely need to be reassessed. As parents, we like consistency and with the high transition in the school, that can be very concerning. Note: The Mandarin Program is great, however, in order for your child to be successful, you (as a parent) will need to learn Mandarin along with your child.

Posted May 16, 2013
I appreciate the academic vigor at Reid Temple Christian Aacademy. The children are constantly challenged.

Reid Temple Christian Academy
11400 Glenn Dale Boulevard, Glenn Dale, MD  20769
Last modified Reid Temple Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Reid Temple Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top