Reid Temple Christian Academy 5

Posted June 04, 2014
This school is simply wonderful. My child has truly has grown into a committed, dedicated hard working scholar and I completely credit RTCA's commitment to education to my child's growth and development.

Posted June 03, 2014
My child is currently enrolled in Reid Temple Christian Academy, and I am very pleased with this program. I would rate Reid Temple Christian among the great schools in our region based on the following criteria: 1. The leadership has a clearly defined and communicated vision for the children that embraces the whole child, 2. The teachers are dedicated, and sincerely focus on learning, not just grades. We did have two challenging teachers this year, but that situation was rectified. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect that issues are dealt with in a timely manner, which is exactly what happened in this instance. 3. Parents are engaged in the school, and have a voice. 4. The students seem generally happy, and my child loves the school. I assume that I am not aware of everything that happens, but I do not consider myself to be completely in the dark. Finally, I believe that a solid Christian environment supports my child overall development. Thank you RTCA

Posted June 02, 2014
Reid Temple Christian Academy has been a true blessing to my children and family. The academic rigor is excellent. The school has fostered a love of learning for my children. I have one child that entered the school with academic challenges upon the completion of this school year he is performing above grade level. In addition at the beginning of the year my child was bullied by another student. I was impressed with the swift, formalized, compassionate way in which the matter was handled. Finally I love the commitment developing a love and relationship with Christ, through daily Chapel devotionals.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 1

Posted May 19, 2014
The staff is horrible and communication is awful!!! The parents and students don't get any respect unless they are employed there at the school. If you aren't part of the so called crew at this so called Christian school your opinion doesn't count. The Business department is the worse. They lose your documents, fax never works, and never get a return call when you leave a message on the main line, if it is even working. I am so glad I pulled my kids out. No I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone else. They got rid of the good teachers. The staff doesn't do anything about bullying. They cover and say its just good friends hanging out. Just an excuse. Everybody's family gets employed and that's who they look out for. I thought this would be where my kids graduated from but they seem to be happier now! Stressfree !! The business department really needs help. Please look at other schools before you register your precious children here. Ask about the teacher/ students turnover rate.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 1

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is awful, the administration is simply awful and they have no problem resolution skills whatsoever, it s all about favoritism and if your child is bullied and they are not the teachers and the administrations staff favorite you can forget any protection for your child. They claim they are so Godly, but when it comes to you child being bullied the administration claim to be so concern and yet will not respond or follow up with parents. This school claims that they are a STEM school, what a laugh, This school year the school hired the worse unqualified math and science teachers and they were fired in January, be mindful we still had to pay over 9,000 for the tuition and most of the students learn absolutely nothing. The school s Director and her assistant were force to assume trying to teach the students math and science in January, which was much to late in the school year for the student to be prepared and totally productive. But get this, the students were held accountable and rushed to learn the material in order to take the standardized year-end testing.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 3

Posted October 21, 2013
We have a child in one of the pre-K programs and are generally happy with the program. We enrolled them after a school open house. Here are our thoughts so far: Pros: -The staff are very nurturing to the children; the children in the pk-2 through 5 program seem happy and engaged; if you have a question and ask, someone will try to help you find the answer, the same day if not the next; our child can tell us one new thing they've learned and retained each day; the school is offers various non-classroom learning experiences; low student teacher ratio. Areas to improve:consistency on enforcing the rules (e.g. pick up time, due dates, uniforms); opportunities for students to be more active during the day; less emphasis on testing and less homework at this age. The things that bother us about the school really have nothing to do with what our child is learning and their growth. Most items are indicative of the school being young. Policies are in place but procedures could be improved. It seems a little strict for young kids but that may be because it's a parochial school. So far its a reasonable value for a private school in this area with the certifications its obtained (ie STEM)

Reid Temple Christian Academy 3

Posted June 12, 2013
I have had my child in RTCA for three years and I was happy the first year, because the teacher was GREAT, but left and went to another local private school! I knew there were some problems that year, but I thought they would be resolved/addressed. Instead, more teachers left, students left, tuition increased and it continued to be a downhill battle that year. The school has the potential of being top notch, but there is poor communication, unorganization, teacher transition, favoritism of students amongst the staff, unprofessional and unknowledgeable office personnel, and no consistency of rules and regulations. Each year the tuition increases with no explanation of where the additional funds will be allocated. If you are interested in enrolling your child, you will be very impressed by the curriculum, but the Administration and Staff definitely need to be reassessed. As parents, we like consistency and with the high transition in the school, that can be very concerning. Note: The Mandarin Program is great, however, in order for your child to be successful, you (as a parent) will need to learn Mandarin along with your child.

Posted May 16, 2013
I appreciate the academic vigor at Reid Temple Christian Aacademy. The children are constantly challenged.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 5

Posted November 12, 2012
I enrolled my child in the PK-3 class this year and I am beyond pleased with the progress my child has made thus far. My child's teachers are attentive and challenge the students. Many are surprised when they see that my 3 year-old can read some words, understands letter sounds, counts and recognizes order and sequence, does simple math, writes letters, and understands science (how things grow, seasons, animal habitats, etc). Most importantly, she is getting a SOLID Christian foundation, which is very important to me. The students remember Bible verses, stories, songs and principles. The administration has been stellar. Whenever I encounter challenges or have questions, the response is rapid and professional. Dr. Dais and Mrs. Edmonds recognize the responsibility to educate the children and exhibit great dedication to making that happen. It is important to understand that this school requires dedicated parents to be ACTIVE in their child(ren)'s education. There is a lot of support work/homework, school programs, and field trips. Do the work! Make it a priority and you will see the results!

Reid Temple Christian Academy 2

Posted October 09, 2012
After much consideration my husband and I have decided that this will be the last year my children will be attending Reid Temple. The administration there is terrible at best! They take their time responding to you if you have any concerns. Their is no support in place for children that may be having difficulty in a certain area. Their solution is " Excel Learning" which is a tutoring company that they have contracted. Which still requires us as parents to pay an additional fee on top of tuition. This is a disgrace and for the amount of money that's required for tuition there should be a reading/ math specialist on sight to assist those students that may need that extra help but can't afford outside tutoring. To us it seems that the administration has the mindset of either you get it or you don't. Very interesting for a school that advertises just the opposite. Maybe if the whole administration could be replaced the school has chance to improve. Otherwise, families will continue to leave as they have already.

Reid Temple Christian Academy
11400 Glenn Dale Boulevard, Glenn Dale, MD  20769
Last modified Reid Temple Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Reid Temple Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top