Glenn Dale, MD

Reid Temple Christian Academy 5

Posted August 25, 2015
This is my child's second year at this school. At first, I was concerned. The office staff lost paperwork and took a long time to call back. I had to stay on top of them and I almost walked away, however I am glad I didn't. Don't allow the lack of organization at times to distract from the incredible academic work that is given to the children. The office staff has gotten better. The small class sizes are perfect. The rigor and structure in the classwork and homework is amazing. Yes there is a lot of homework but I love the reinforcement. In other private schools I have seen foreign language given once a week. Here you get it at least 3 times a week. Other places you have to alternate specials classes such as gym, music or art throughout the year. Here you get it all year around. in comparison to the tuition cost of other private schools, Reid is on the lower end which makes it affordable for parents and they will offer financial assistance that helps out tremendously. I love the fact that they have Chapel every day. It is great to teach our children to place God first at the beginning of each day. I have brought people to Grandparents Day, Back to School Night, Book Fair an other activities and they really do a phenomenal job setting up these activities for the students. The parent involvement is great too. The PTSA is very interactive and tries hard to push for great school culture and climate. At any school, the teacher retention can change for multiple reasons and not always negative as another person stated. People move up in their careers, move to new locations and retire. That should not be a negative indication of this program. The teachers my child had and have are wonderful. They have really increased their after school activities and their extra curricular activities as well. The school has only been open for 10 years and they are still growing and working out a lot of kinks however I think they are doing a great job growing and transitioning. You don't have to be in a "click" or "crew" to be heard. They respond to my e-mails and address any questions or concerns I have. I suggest looking into this program for yourself. I am pleased with it overall and I my child is very happy here. They are preparing out children to compete globally.

Posted August 18, 2015
I couldn't be happier with the education my son is receiving. This will be our 6th year and I am pleased with the substance and spiritual background that my child receives each and every day. Of course there are always areas for improvement and most have to deal with administration and policy, but every year brings new and exciting change.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 18, 2015
Although this is not necessarily a complaint, it can not go without noting that there is an abundance of homework and it can often times be too much.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 18, 2015
In my experience, there has always been an effort made to be fair to students.

Posted February 07, 2015
If you are looking for a school that truly desires you to partner with them and challenge your child academically then this is the school for you. The children are encouraged to be critical thinkers from a very young age. For example the 3 years olds just completed a moon project where they are learning about the phases of the moon. They then were asked at home to monitor the moon and chart it's progress. In addition the teacher would also send home email information to provide guidance and direction regarding the material covered in class (have you ever tried to get information from a three year old, these emails are life savers) this is true partnership at it's best. As a parent I often find those who have the biggest complaints about the school are looking for a dry clean school where they can drop off their children only to pick up with little involvement. This school will require you to spend time and work with your child for your child to be successful. You can not simply write a check.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 1

Posted January 14, 2015
This school is nothing but flash. If you re looking for educational substance, this school is NOT for you. The children don't grasp what they are being taught, they merely know vague info. about the topic. Like everywhere else there are some great teachers, but the great teachers never stay long. There was a high turnover rate for the teachers every year my child was enrolled. The administration is a joke, to say the least. Dr. Dais will quickly dismisses concerns and won't address any issues with the staff that have been brought to her attention. The principal has not been truthful with me on several occasions and when I spoke to her about her telling me untruths, there wasn't a response. This is extremely unfortunate because it caused me to loose trust in the school all the way around. There was a child that had a severe allergic reaction to something he ate, the school did NOT act at all. Luckily, the grandparent was there to take the child to the emergency room for medical attention. The parent was not informed of the child s severe allergic reaction by the school. From being there first hand, if it wasn t for the grandparent being there the child would not have survived.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 5

Posted June 04, 2014
This school is simply wonderful. My child has truly has grown into a committed, dedicated hard working scholar and I completely credit RTCA's commitment to education to my child's growth and development.

Posted June 03, 2014
My child is currently enrolled in Reid Temple Christian Academy, and I am very pleased with this program. I would rate Reid Temple Christian among the great schools in our region based on the following criteria: 1. The leadership has a clearly defined and communicated vision for the children that embraces the whole child, 2. The teachers are dedicated, and sincerely focus on learning, not just grades. We did have two challenging teachers this year, but that situation was rectified. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect that issues are dealt with in a timely manner, which is exactly what happened in this instance. 3. Parents are engaged in the school, and have a voice. 4. The students seem generally happy, and my child loves the school. I assume that I am not aware of everything that happens, but I do not consider myself to be completely in the dark. Finally, I believe that a solid Christian environment supports my child overall development. Thank you RTCA

Posted June 02, 2014
Reid Temple Christian Academy has been a true blessing to my children and family. The academic rigor is excellent. The school has fostered a love of learning for my children. I have one child that entered the school with academic challenges upon the completion of this school year he is performing above grade level. In addition at the beginning of the year my child was bullied by another student. I was impressed with the swift, formalized, compassionate way in which the matter was handled. Finally I love the commitment developing a love and relationship with Christ, through daily Chapel devotionals.

Reid Temple Christian Academy 1

Posted May 19, 2014
The staff is horrible and communication is awful!!! The parents and students don't get any respect unless they are employed there at the school. If you aren't part of the so called crew at this so called Christian school your opinion doesn't count. The Business department is the worse. They lose your documents, fax never works, and never get a return call when you leave a message on the main line, if it is even working. I am so glad I pulled my kids out. No I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone else. They got rid of the good teachers. The staff doesn't do anything about bullying. They cover and say its just good friends hanging out. Just an excuse. Everybody's family gets employed and that's who they look out for. I thought this would be where my kids graduated from but they seem to be happier now! Stressfree !! The business department really needs help. Please look at other schools before you register your precious children here. Ask about the teacher/ students turnover rate.

11400 Glenn Dale Boulevard, Glenn Dale, MD  20769
Last modified Reid Temple Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Reid Temple Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top