PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted July 18, 2016
This school is a true community where God,academics, values, service to the community and fun are stressed. I had my little one go to the neighborhood school because he wanted to ride the bus. The only thing the teachers were worried about is test scores, in Pre-K ,and the teachers were so stressed out about said test scores it made the kids stressed. The person concerned about the racial make up of the teachers and other members-- a priest from Africa was there all year as were volunteer parents. You need to be STAND certified to work with the kids, can't just walk in. Library and Lunch needs lots of help. Ravens players come in and read to the kids. Looking at the photos of field day there were several parents of different races. Pre-K is wait listed and incoming K is close. Mr Coyle is an amazing principle, and teachers make much less in a private school then public and not every family can afford that.

Posted May 17, 2015
As the parent of a child who is of mixed ethnicity, I am confused by the previous post. My child sees people who look like him everyday--because they are human beings, as is he. I have yet to encounter one teacher who did not clearly care for my child. At SHG, the teachers and staff care for all of our children. They consistently show concern, pride, and love for all the children in their care. Even if I happen to be at school after hours (sports, scouts, etc.) I see teachers there, working. They are dedicated professionals, and I trust them with the importance of my child's education. I've never once found an objection over the color of their skin, just as I am positive they don't even stop to think about the color of my skin, or that of my child. I am proud that my child sees these professionals model dedication, loyalty, and Catholic/Christian values every day. They are the definition of who I'd like my children to be when they grow up. As far as bringing in a more ethically diverse faculty, perhaps you should address your concerns in private, with an administrator, if they are true concerns, rather than posting about it in such a public forum.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2015
I'm a parent of a child that attends Sacred Heart. While it may seem nice from an outside perspective, I have to wonder if the administration at the school has my child's best interests at heart. There are a number of minority children that attend Sacred Heart, however there is not one minority facility member on the staff. I find this highly embarrassing. Given the number of minority candidates and HBCU's in the greater Baltimore area, you would think that the Scared Heart School would have at least one person of color over there in a teaching or administration role. Not a one. This is troubling and will probably cause me to withdraw my child very soon. If a child doesn't see ONE PERSON that looks like them in leadership positions, how can he or she feel confident about becoming a leader in the future? UNACCEPTABLE.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2015
I'm a parent of a child that attends Sacred Heart. While it may seem nice from an outside perspective, I have to wonder if the administration at the school has my child's best interests at heart. There are a number of minority children that attend Sacred Heart, however there is not one minority facility member on the staff. I find this highly embarrassing. Given the number of minority candidates and HBCU's in the greater Baltimore area, you would think that the Scared Heart School would have at least one person of color over there in a teaching or administration role. Not a one. This is troubling and will probably cause me to withdraw my child very soon. If he doesn't see people that have a darker skin tone, such as he has, in leadership positions, how can he feel confident about becoming a leader in the future? UNACCEPTABLE.

Posted March 24, 2015
My kids have received a quality education at Sacred Heart while being a part of a service-oriented and caring community. I am so impressed with the teachers and their commitment to their students. I would send them to Sacred Heart all over again.

Posted March 23, 2015
If you read a bad review of this school, it is definitely from before the new principal took over. He is making a huge difference and is not afraid to fix problems and enact needed change.

Posted March 23, 2015
Great Catholic education. Both of my children entered Catholic high school with great faith and an excellent and well rounded academic profile.

Posted March 23, 2015
We love Sacred Heart-Glyndon! We have three children presently attending and each one loves being at this school. The teachers are fantastic and truly care about the students. The principal is in his first year and he is an amazing force - we are very fortunate to have him and his administrative team! You have an emphasis on faith formation, service to others and strong academics. You have active parents who care about the school. I cannot recommend this school high enough.

Posted March 23, 2015
I have had two children go through the school. One graduated in 2009 and the other is currently in the fifth grade. The faculty and administrative staff are top notch. Mr. Zachary Coyle was a great find as principal. He gets it when it comes to Catholic education and education as a whole, to create a well-rounded person with a firm basis in their Catholic faith. If you don't send your child to Sacred Heart, you should if you can. I have yet to see a better school.

Posted March 22, 2015
Sacred Heart is an excellent school. The academics are challenging, but not overwhelming. The staff is committed to ensuring the enrichment of the students, and they show consideration for each child and address their individual needs. In addition to faith formation, the students are taught to care for others, especially the least among us, and are given numerous opportunities to serve others. As a result, the children are polite and show respect for others. I recommend SHG highly, not only as a school, but as a community. Once you are a part of the SHG family, you cannot imagine being anywhere else.

Sacred Heart Elementary School
63 Sacred Heart Lane, Glyndon, MD  21071
Last modified Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8