Glyndon, MD
Before care: Yes

Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2014
The academics are generally fine, although math falls short and other subjects/classes are uneven. I have to agree with the statement regarding teachers being less than respectful (sadly, I would even say unkind) toward students and there being a general negativity. Severe behavior seems to go unchecked and bullies have been an issue. There seems to be a lot of yelling, but yet larger issues go unaddressed. The discipline policies are uneven--7 yr olds have to sit on the sidelines at recess for talking in the hall or not knowing something when called on. Older students can get detention fro forgetting homework when what is actually needed is organizational help. I do know that last year the principal requested that parents post positive statements on this site in an effort to keep enrollment from dropping (which it has greatly, over the past 3 years)

Sacred Heart Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2014
My daughter has been a Sacred Heart student for the last 5 years. I am VERY pleased and blessed with the quality of education she is receiving. Our family is not Catholic. We are Protestant and have been welcomed with open arms. My only critique is that there is little ethnic diversity among the staff. I have referred three other families who flat out said that was the sole reason they would not enroll their children. I am hopeful that the new principal will address this.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
Enrollment was in the high 800's just a few years ago. Low 500's now. The economy cannot be blamed for all of it, especially when many families are choosing more expensive schools.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
This school should be turned in to a all girl school... Boys don't get the same treatment as girls.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2014
I have been going to this school for many years the teachers have given us zero respect and I totally agree with the person below.

Posted April 17, 2014
This is a great school. They mold and nurture their students academically, socially and spiritually. I am impressed with their curriculum. The culture of the school prepare the kids for future endeavors.

Posted April 16, 2014
I can't imagine "sarcastic" or "derogatory behavior" being used to describe any of the teachers at this school. The teachers are the school's strength, no question. My daughter graduated, and placed right into an honors program for math at one of the best high schools in the area. Her language arts preparation was top notch--honors placement there, too. Has adjusted beautifully. We credit her Sacred Heart education with all of that.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
Sacred Heart Glydon provides a wonderful community for our children to learn about academics and faith. The families are incredible and there is such a great sense of community at the school. Children are be taught to be kind and respectful of each other which is something not found in the public schools.

Posted April 08, 2014
Sacred Heart School in Glyndon, Maryland is a wonderful, faith-based community where the focus is on growing children spiritually and academically. Great teachers, great families, and a great community combine in a learning environment filled with technology, extra-curricular activities, computer and language classes, art, choir, music and much more. My kids attend and they love it. My wife and I appreciate the extra attention and care of the teachers, who go out of their way to help the students. Like any Pre-K through 8 Catholic school these days, Sacred Heart School has tough issues to face. But this is one of the best schools around and will only get stronger. I highly recommend Sacred Heart School!

Posted September 18, 2013
Sacred Heart has been a wonderful school for our twin daughters. We love that they are in an environment that encourages prayer and ethics as well as an above standard education. We as parents and they as students have enjoyed their teachers each year. Taking two languages each year, religion classes with Masses, great extracurricular programs, and the family/community surrounding the school, are all bonuses that we don't take for granted. The school can always use funds to assist with their computer programs, gym and sports programs, and of course, their library, all of which are considerably smaller than other schools I've visited. The school and students certainly make due and do well with what they have, but I often wonder how much better they would do if they had more equipment, space, and books. While the teachers and staff are wonderful, the space can always use improvement. Thanks very much for your consideration.

Sacred Heart Elementary School
Po Box 3672, Glyndon, MD  21071
Last modified Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Sacred Heart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top