Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2015
I'm a parent of a child that attends Sacred Heart. While it may seem nice from an outside perspective, I have to wonder if the administration at the school has my child's best interests at heart. There are a number of minority children that attend Sacred Heart, however there is not one minority facility member on the staff. I find this highly embarrassing. Given the number of minority candidates and HBCU's in the greater Baltimore area, you would think that the Scared Heart School would have at least one person of color over there in a teaching or administration role. Not a one. This is troubling and will probably cause me to withdraw my child very soon. If a child doesn't see ONE PERSON that looks like them in leadership positions, how can he or she feel confident about becoming a leader in the future? UNACCEPTABLE.
2 people found this helpful

Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2015
I'm a parent of a child that attends Sacred Heart. While it may seem nice from an outside perspective, I have to wonder if the administration at the school has my child's best interests at heart. There are a number of minority children that attend Sacred Heart, however there is not one minority facility member on the staff. I find this highly embarrassing. Given the number of minority candidates and HBCU's in the greater Baltimore area, you would think that the Scared Heart School would have at least one person of color over there in a teaching or administration role. Not a one. This is troubling and will probably cause me to withdraw my child very soon. If he doesn't see people that have a darker skin tone, such as he has, in leadership positions, how can he feel confident about becoming a leader in the future? UNACCEPTABLE.

Posted March 24, 2015
My kids have received a quality education at Sacred Heart while being a part of a service-oriented and caring community. I am so impressed with the teachers and their commitment to their students. I would send them to Sacred Heart all over again.

Posted March 23, 2015
If you read a bad review of this school, it is definitely from before the new principal took over. He is making a huge difference and is not afraid to fix problems and enact needed change.

Posted March 23, 2015
Great Catholic education. Both of my children entered Catholic high school with great faith and an excellent and well rounded academic profile.

Posted March 23, 2015
We love Sacred Heart-Glyndon! We have three children presently attending and each one loves being at this school. The teachers are fantastic and truly care about the students. The principal is in his first year and he is an amazing force - we are very fortunate to have him and his administrative team! You have an emphasis on faith formation, service to others and strong academics. You have active parents who care about the school. I cannot recommend this school high enough.

Posted March 23, 2015
I have had two children go through the school. One graduated in 2009 and the other is currently in the fifth grade. The faculty and administrative staff are top notch. Mr. Zachary Coyle was a great find as principal. He gets it when it comes to Catholic education and education as a whole, to create a well-rounded person with a firm basis in their Catholic faith. If you don't send your child to Sacred Heart, you should if you can. I have yet to see a better school.

Posted March 22, 2015
Sacred Heart is an excellent school. The academics are challenging, but not overwhelming. The staff is committed to ensuring the enrichment of the students, and they show consideration for each child and address their individual needs. In addition to faith formation, the students are taught to care for others, especially the least among us, and are given numerous opportunities to serve others. As a result, the children are polite and show respect for others. I recommend SHG highly, not only as a school, but as a community. Once you are a part of the SHG family, you cannot imagine being anywhere else.

Posted March 22, 2015
Sacred Heart has excellent teachers, a faith based educational environment, and a strong sense of community that has been their benchmark of success for many years. Both my wife and I are alumni and our two youngest current attend this amazing school.

Posted March 22, 2015
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sacred Heart School! I honestly don't know how any one could be unhappy with the level of education and sense of community in the school. The children are very polite & well mannered and truly understand the meaning of being kind and compassionate. The way the whole school comes together to serve the community and help those less fortunate really warms your heart. I will do whatever it takes to have my child continue to have the amazing foundation that is being provided to him at Sacred Heart School of Glyndon.

Sacred Heart Elementary School
63 Sacred Heart Lane, Glyndon, MD  21071
Last modified Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Sacred Heart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top