Great Mills, MD

Posted March 14, 2015
My son is in Kindergarten here and absolutely loves it! His teachers Mrs. Boyce and Mrs. Dollins are the most amazing team. My son has some issues focusing and can be a bit hyper in the most inappropriate times and where some teachers would have written him off as a problem child they actively work to keep him on track and use various methods to keep him focused. He has excelled quickly and I am amazed at how well he reads and can do math. He is challenged everyday by them and I know that he is able to show his true academic ability. He is excited to go each and every day and comes home ready to tell me about everything that he learned. The school keeps the parents involved and the office staff is always so kind and helpful. They encourage parents to participate and their after school activities such as their fall carnival and sunset reading are one of the many reasons my son is so happy here. I am so thrilled that this was the school that set the bar for his education.

Posted September 09, 2013
My daughter is currently in kindergarten here and we absolutely love it. She went to Pre-K there last year and I couldn't have asked for a better program! I love all the teachers we have come into contact with and my daughter comes home excited and happy everyday.

Posted March 02, 2010
Clean and 'mostly' nice staff who certainly do not tolerate bullying which is far more than I can say for their sister schools in the area. They actively aim for participation in events projects and activities from students and parents alike.

Posted April 13, 2009
Great School!!! My children had previously attended private school. We were concerned that the adjustment would be hard on them. The teachers and the staff are very involved and caring. My children are being challenged everyday . The PTA is great too. The have the fall carnival to raise money for the school. The kids really enjoy it!

Greenview Knolls Elementary School

Posted January 20, 2009
My daughter attended greenview knolls in Kindergarden and LOVED it. Mrs.Stoll and Mrs. Neubling are the dynamic duo! She was reading at an amazing level at the end of the school year and both teachers show much attention and care for their students. Thanks to them...first grade has been a breeze for her and she is in about 3rd grade reading. Great experience at GKES

Posted June 08, 2007
Man, I go to school here just graduated! This school is great. Mr. hazuda and Mrs. Servello Are fantastic people! So Put ur child(ren) in this school. The teacher actually pay attention to the students and help them to their needs!

Greenview Knolls Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2007
I would not recommend putting any child in GreenView Knolls Elementary. It is one of the worst schools in the county that I have seen. Most of the teachers appear to only care about receiving a paycheck instead of teaching children.

Posted January 28, 2007
Overall we are favorably impressed with this school. The academic programs and teacher involvement are good. It was a 'low performing school' in the past, but, has steadily improved each year. It now accepts other students from 'low performing' schools as part of the No Child Left Behind law. Some of the schools teachers are world class, others not so much. The physical education program teacher was voted one of the best in the state. The school emphasizes good student behavoir. This can be difficult though because parent involvement can be limited. The PTA is engaged with the school faculty.

Greenview Knolls Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2006
My daughter seems to enjoy GKES. It is a much better school than she was in before, but I'm not sure that it's a great school. The Art program could be better, and I am not sure how the standardized testing works here, I didn't get any information about them except make sure your child eats a good breakfast. I think that there should be more parent/teacher nights so that even new students and their families can get to know the teachers and school.

Posted January 04, 2006
My daughter had excelled here in the 1st and 2nd grades. My only problem is with the lack of programs for better readers. They do a good job of working with the kids but sometimes the ones that do not need as much help get left behind. Everyone from the vice-principal, PE, music, etc., have been very helpful and know the children by name.

Greenview Knolls Elementary School
45711 Military Ln, Great Mills, MD  20634
Last modified Greenview Knolls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenview Knolls Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top