Great Mills, MD

George Washington Carver Elementary School 2

Posted September 21, 2014
This is school is lacking in consistency with the students. My child has attended this school for the last 4 years, and I do not see anything to brag, boast or even be proud to say my child attends this school. The teachers are not teaching these students, they have more outbreaks of lice than I have ever seen, the children at this school are suffering because the County is "ok" with the students in this area are not expected to be anything but the minimum wage workers for the county. IF the teachers do care, the budget for this school is grossly misused or misdirected. Brand new school and no one cares about the students that attend the school. And if anyone thinks I am misrepresenting this school, please look at the test scores for this school for the last few years. This is so sad, because these students deserve teachers and staff that care about them and their futures in this world. These same children that are being left behind but passed along in grade, will not be able to graduate... not that this is what the county would like to have happen with the children in this area anyway. I wish this school would create their own initiative to get these kids the help they need.

Posted October 01, 2009
Great school. The school is only about 4 years old and the teachers are wonderful. They really keep parents updated with how their child is doing. Job well done!

George Washington Carver Elementary School 0

Posted June 30, 2009
My son went to the Judy Center there last year and it was great! The school does not have a lot of kids so that is a huge plus. He will be going into pre-k this coming year and i can't wait. This school is awesome.

Posted July 02, 2008

Posted June 01, 2007
We have been so impressed with this school. We were redistricted and were worried with absolutely no need. All I can say is wow! The teachers are so enthusiastic and energetic with a sincere caring for each and every individual. Of course there are still a few problems but you have that with every school. I believe that this school his the county's hidden jewel! 3 of my children attended this year and have shined. One of my children had difficulties in reading and with a lot of encouragement and hard work between her, her teacher, and us she from reading below grade level to reading 2 grade levels above! All the teachers rock!

Posted February 26, 2006
My son's have had the most wonderful experience. My youngest is in the first grade and has Mrs. Johnson. The most wonderful teacher. All the teachers there are great and seem to really care about the children. The principal is wonderful! He is very open to talking with you about any of your concerns. This is the greatest school my children have been in. My oldest is in the fourth and just excelling. I love that they have music and Boys & Girls club to help children that need that extra push as well as the summer program the school offers. Thank you so much We will miss them for we will be moving.

Posted June 14, 2005
My daughter went to the school last year and at first wasn't quite 'with it', but after a few months, she loved it. My son now goes there and has a new Kindergarten teacher by the name of Mrs. Hnatyszyn. She is great. She helped with the diagnoses of my son's ADHD, which helps out everyone. She also has helped him out alot on him learning how to read. Which he has picked up very well. I cannot forget to mention her assistant teacher, Mrs. Tippett. She has also been a great help with all of the students in the classroom. All in all, I would say that George Wasington Carver Elementary is realy improving the quality of the education of our kids a great deal and I would recomend this school to anyone wishing to transfer their child there.

George Washington Carver Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2004
We have been surprised with this school. Our daughter was redistricted into it last year and we were quite worried, since it used to be the worst in the county. The teachers seem to care about the kids and are working hard to bring up scores. They are limited by a poor facility but seem to work harder to make up for it. There are still quite a few parents who don't care about their kids but it seems to be getting better.

George Washington Carver Elementary School
46155 Carver School Blvd, Great Mills, MD  20634
Last modified George Washington Carver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Carver Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top