Eastern Elementary School

Public | 3-5

Posted August 11, 2014

I use to go to this school not to long ago and it is pretty nice. It is fun and enjoyable. Some people do get bullied and some have a lot of friends. The assembles are fun. It depends on what teacher you have most are nice some or a little bit strict. The counselor is a great person! The only thing wrong is the school nurse who is mean and rude.

Posted June 7, 2011

Reading the older comments, I was a bit discouraged. I was not to long ago a student at this school, and I now people who have went to this school while the bad reviews on here were written, saying how the academics are bad or whatever. Not to be disrespectful but only the student knows what the school is all about. Just wanted to say at least that. In all honesty though, I only disliked one of my teachers. I felt that they all did their job as they were supposed to and I can still remember what I learned, though I was an advanced student so I didn't have a few classes with my original class. Most students from this school are now doing well above the..ehh, "general" classes as they call it in my middle school.

Posted December 13, 2009

Excellent school! We are very pleased with the teachers and the academics!

Posted January 30, 2007

Love the fact that my kids get A's and B's and love their teachers but the Bully 'Law' needs to be stricter. There are quiet times after the bully is repremanded but after a few weeks it starts up again. Then the school will want to 'talk' about it. Stop the talking and take some action.

Posted January 10, 2007

I have been in the Eastern Community for 5 years and have seen a lot of changes at the school. Our administration went from ok to great to not so great. While our Asst Principal is wonderful, our principal could use some work. The teachers are wonderful and really care about the students. We have the best FCPC - she sets up wonderful family nights at the school and other places in the community for parents and students to attend. Our parent involvement could use some help. While we do have several parents that volunteer on a regular basis we could use more support and input from parents at different functions that are held and at the PTA meetings. Parents like to complain to each other about what they aren't getting from the school but they never show up to voice their concerns when it counts.

Posted July 25, 2006

Eastern elem. Helped my son get his self esteem back. He started there in the 4th grade and his grades went back to a's & b's. He had a bad experience at the school he went to for the past grades. Eastern has great teachers and parent and student activites. I look forward to my 2 other children attending eastern.

Posted June 13, 2006

Eastern has come a long way in the eight years that I have had children at the school. There is a much stronger student base. Things are looking up.

Posted April 13, 2005

I think before this year this used to be a great school where my child was confortable and learning a great deal, he's affraid of his teacher and I get notes sent home full of sarcasim and judgement towards me as a parent, in result my sons grades have gone from A & B's to U in writing and other subjects this has been a very difficult year and they never should have replace the teachers that we had at least they didn't reflect anger and degrade the students. maybe the schools # overall weren't where they used to be but supposed to be better now the schools# average or the learning and education of students.

Posted March 8, 2005

We've been very pleased with what our kids have learned while at Eastern. They're both straight A students. Our kindergartner is coming home spouting off information that she has learned that seems to be ahead of what I see other kids her age learning. There is an afterschool reading program that she has been able to participate in & it has proven to be helpful. Our 2nd grader's teacher is extremely involved and seems to care very much. Both kids talk about values that they've been taught at school. It's not all up to the teachers...parents need to take an interest and make time too. Teachers can only take them so far!

Posted August 16, 2004

We literally moved away because our experience with Eastern was so bad! The discipline at that school is inadequate to non existent...kids are rude, teachers are rude, and no one seems to care. My kids were above average students when we arrived at Eastern, and once they were placed in their classrooms, we discovered that they were performing at least 2 grade levels above their Eastern classmates (in reading). Rather than admit the inadequacy of their program, the school staff said my kids were an 'abberation'. I suppose they thought I would be flattered. They insisted that my kids were way above average when at our prior school they were certainly bright, but were with a core group of kids just like them. My kids are back at their previous school, and are performing well...and here they aren't an abberation, but are just normal, bright kids.

Posted February 5, 2004

I think that some children are slow learners and the teachers should give that student extra help instead of leaving them get to far behind. There are children in eastern that are at least 2 years behind in reading and may never be able to catch up but still they pass them on to the next grade. What they need is the teachers to do a better job at teaching. Eastern is a chapter one school and they do get extra money from us tax payers so why can't they give the students the extra help they need for a better education. What about No Child Left Behind.

Posted September 9, 2003

I feel that Eastern Elementary would do better minus a lot of disipline problems and then add a lot more parent involvment. Our children need us to show them by being there that we as parents care about their education.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

152 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

152 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

164 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

164 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

158 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

158 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

155 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 68%N/A42%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1320 Yale Dr