Bad
Good

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 30, 2015
Seems as if they're doing an excellent job with what my daughter tells me. The teachers are great & the class reflects it.

Posted August 30, 2015
We recently moved here from Montgomery County & my daughter has been very happy with her fellow classmates & the staff are very nice to her! This is an excellent school that welcomed my daughter with open arms & the education level is outstanding so it should have a higher score than what's shown on this site:)

Eastern Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2015
I as a parent have noticed the decline of education and the rise in lip service. Who ever it is giving hi marks are also responsible for the decline in education for everyone's child. The board of education acts as if they answer to no one and will tell you they will listen to parent concerns. Reality check their mind is already set and only listen while rolling their eyes. As voters to change the mind set of the board of education in Washington County Maryland is to vote out everyone from the educational dept. and vote in trust worthy people that will actually listen and better our schools without politicking us. the bullying is worse the students forced to defend themselves are punished, education is down, excuses are on the rise from school officials, students hopes and dreams are down, and the only thing the board of education will do is focus on how to tell passive students when and what they want them to do for the bullies are out of control..Change the board of education people and we can better our schools for the better.

Eastern Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
I use to go to this school not to long ago and it is pretty nice. It is fun and enjoyable. Some people do get bullied and some have a lot of friends. The assembles are fun. It depends on what teacher you have most are nice some or a little bit strict. The counselor is a great person! The only thing wrong is the school nurse who is mean and rude.

Posted June 07, 2011
Reading the older comments, I was a bit discouraged. I was not to long ago a student at this school, and I now people who have went to this school while the bad reviews on here were written, saying how the academics are bad or whatever. Not to be disrespectful but only the student knows what the school is all about. Just wanted to say at least that. In all honesty though, I only disliked one of my teachers. I felt that they all did their job as they were supposed to and I can still remember what I learned, though I was an advanced student so I didn't have a few classes with my original class. Most students from this school are now doing well above the..ehh, "general" classes as they call it in my middle school.

Posted December 13, 2009
Excellent school! We are very pleased with the teachers and the academics!

Eastern Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2007
Love the fact that my kids get A's and B's and love their teachers but the Bully 'Law' needs to be stricter. There are quiet times after the bully is repremanded but after a few weeks it starts up again. Then the school will want to 'talk' about it. Stop the talking and take some action.

Eastern Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2007
I have been in the Eastern Community for 5 years and have seen a lot of changes at the school. Our administration went from ok to great to not so great. While our Asst Principal is wonderful, our principal could use some work. The teachers are wonderful and really care about the students. We have the best FCPC - she sets up wonderful family nights at the school and other places in the community for parents and students to attend. Our parent involvement could use some help. While we do have several parents that volunteer on a regular basis we could use more support and input from parents at different functions that are held and at the PTA meetings. Parents like to complain to each other about what they aren't getting from the school but they never show up to voice their concerns when it counts.

Posted July 25, 2006
Eastern elem. Helped my son get his self esteem back. He started there in the 4th grade and his grades went back to a's & b's. He had a bad experience at the school he went to for the past grades. Eastern has great teachers and parent and student activites. I look forward to my 2 other children attending eastern.

Posted June 13, 2006
Eastern has come a long way in the eight years that I have had children at the school. There is a much stronger student base. Things are looking up.

1320 Yale Dr, Hagerstown, MD  21742
Last modified Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top