Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I feel very confident in the quality of education my grandchildren are receiving. I couldn't say enough. One grandchild has special needs and they are taking great care to bring her abilities up to those of her peers. The other grandchild tested out as a gifted student and they are challenging him to excel. Both of them come from a difficult background and have behavioral challenges, but the teachers, staff and administration are handling them with the best of care. I couldn't be more pleased with my experience at Bester Elementary School!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are excellent! They have taken such good care of my grandchildren. They are all very professional and seem to use the latest educational curriculum and techniques. I too am a teacher and feel very confident in the quality of education my grandchildren are receiving. I couldn't say enough. One grandchild has special needs and they are taking great care to bring her abilities up to those of her peers. The other grandchild tested out as a gifted student and they are challenging him to excel. Both of them come from a difficult background and have behavioral challenges, but the teachers, staff and administration are handling them with the best of care. I couldn't be more pleased with my experience at Bester Elementary School!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Bester Elementary does most of their instruction during the school hours, which is a tremendous blessing, because that leaves time for the children to rest and enjoy their families so they are fresh for the next day. Plus, the parents of my grandchildren have a hard time keeping up with the homework requirements, so now I don't have to worry about them getting behind their peers!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

This is a large school and things could easily get out of control, but they manage the students and the school in such a way that there is respect and order among the students.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal seems to be an excellent leader and sets the tone for the entire school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Generally the staff are respectful and kind to the students, and this models for them to do the same. They do have high expectations of the students behavior as well but do it in a positive way, and are not overbearing, thus keeping the atmosphere cheerful and positive.

Bester is an all around good school. They have lots of extra curricular activities and special trips because they get a lot of funding. The principle doesn't seem like the friendliest person but I love my sons teacher, she is the best and will address any concerns you have. I do however have a problem with the students that go there. This is not the schools fault but because of the community that lives in the Bester district, there are a lot of hoodlum kids and ones that use profanity around young ones etc. I have heard that Bester is bad for head lice but that again is not the schools fault, that is just the kinds of students that attend. I have not however seen any lice on my son. If you are planning to move to the Bester district, don't feel like you need to avoid this school but just keep alert. on these types of things.

Last modified Bester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.