Fountaindale Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2013
Fountaindale has a lot of great attributes. Some negative community attitudes bleed through, though still better than many. One commenter stated smaller class size...while they report student teacher ratios of 15:1, it's really fuzzy math. Actual ratio is around twice that. But they average in specialists who give the teacher breaks or teach specific subjects. But at no time that I'm aware of, are the classes split up, or with two teachers present at one time, so that there might be an actual ratio of 15:1. All the schools and districts at least in Maryland appear to be using this fuzzy math, so they must not consider it unethical or a misrepresentation. Just mentioning it because someone new to Maryland might interpret the reported student teacher ratio to be actual.

Posted February 02, 2013
Fountaindale is a real gem. Member of the Coalition of Essential Schools, Magnet School for the Arts, small class sizes (15% below State capacity), active afterschool programing and outstanding staff. It is the only elementary school in the county with free afterschool learning academies, athletic programs and STARS recognition events. We are very fortunate to send our kids to this school.

Posted August 19, 2012
I have been going here since I was 5 yrs. Old and thanks to the dance teacher she has made me step up onto pointe shoes this year in city ballet school in hagerstown MD and all of the other teacher's had me strong and thanks to the art teacher I came 1 st place in the state commotions of Maryland schools and together all the teachers believes in me and knows that I am strong!!!!

Fountaindale Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2008

Posted July 11, 2005
- a former student
This School is wonderful. The staff is very nice and they have taught me very well. I have liked every teacher. I love this school! It has been the only place i will never be afraid. Plus i know that i can talk to the teachers and staff without feeling weird. I trust everyone of them and this is the best school ever!

Fountaindale Elementary School
901 Northern Ave, Hagerstown, MD  21742
Last modified Fountaindale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fountaindale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top