9-12|Private

Bad
Good

As a parent of a child that attends Goretti, my husband and I are very happy. With a student- teacher ratio of 9-1, the teachers have enough individual time with students to know their strengths and weaknesses. Students are required to do community service. They attend Catholic education classes each day, without being forced to be Catholic. The school is run like a small college. The classes are tough, and challenging to the students academically. There is a good amount of homework, and projects. Midterms and finals are just like those in college, cumulative. I feel my child is getting an excellent education and prep for college. I am thankful for the teachers and staff at Goretti, they have worked with us to help our child succeed!

The school has a dedicated staff and the community takes pride in being a family. There is a strong Catholic Identify to the school but the students, and staff are welcoming to all. My son is very well prepared for college and has learned the value of being socially conscious and active.

I was a worker at this school for a while. I consider myself a roman catholic who is very faithful to the Magisterium of the Church. I was disturbed by what I saw here. There seems to be more worrying about offending Muslim,Atheist, and Agnostic students than trying to develop the faith of the Catholic students. It's a catholic school in name only at this point, unfortunately. There is very little that I see that separates this from the public school other than tuition, the uniforms, and the very generic, watered-down christian education classes. Most students don't care about their faith and many of the teachers don't either. I had wondered if there was a good reason why they did not just remove the catholic affiliation, because it is basically a private school, which is only in a very secondary way "catholic". Unless this school can get things straight and make itself true to its catholic name, it is just another school. Be wary of this school. They seem to look for money more than looking for the spiritual and vocational success of students. The spiritual success in Catholicism, which should be their main purpose has been placed on the back burner. Look elsewhere.

I am involved with St. Maria Goretti High School for three years. My daughter and I are extremely satisfied with both the academics curricilum and the athletic extra curricular activites. The local high schools just could not give her the challenge she needed to grow. The opportunites for each child is there forthem to grow academically and spiritually. The low class ratio is great average I think is 11 to 1--this gives the teachers the opportunity for one on one if necessary. Goretti does expect a lot from the children and that is what I feel they need to achieve in college. I feel my daughter is getting a very strong background from Goretti. So, as a parent I am very happy and know it is worth every penny I pay for tuition.

I have been involved with Goretti for three years now and am extremely satisfied with my son's growth both acedemically and extracurricular. The programs and oportunities are very good. A lot is expected of each student and most all rise to the challenge and become better students better people and better teammates if they are in sports Mrs Brashears in her capacity as athletic director does a fabulous job to provide athletic opportunities for as many of the students who wish to participate as possible. I believe my son, thanks to Goretti, will be in a great position to continue on to a successful collegiate career. The guidance department's involvement with each and every student's college application process at a very personal level is worth every penny of the tuition I pay.

Last modified St Maria Goretti High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12