Hagerstown, MD

Grace Academy 1

Posted May 15, 2014
As a previous reviewer has stated Grace Academy is incredibly misleading with "promises" posted on their website, as well as discussions of their resources for paraeducation during parent and child interviews before enrolling students. they also do not have a full time nurse employed in the event of a child with life threatening medical conditions. My daughter came from a public school with a 504 plan in place and I was assured it would continue to be met and modified while at Grace. We have struggled with all of her teachers on these accommodations. The quality of one-on-one support is DRASTICALLY lower than any public school in our area. Her grades have suffered based solely on the difference in small accommodations that were previously being met. We have another daughter who does not need any special accommodations and her experience at Grace Academy has been markedly different. Perhaps holding a private school to a public one was our mistake, but isn't that the reason to choose a private school? The communication from school is lacking to say the least and the "PTA" organization is cliquey and selective, not something you would think to find in a Christ centered school.

Posted June 17, 2012
Grace Academy has been a wonderful place for our children, now ages 11, 9 and 7. It's academic excellence and biblical standards partnered with loving teachers who get to the heart of students is their central focus. We have been there 5 years and have seen the program immensely move forward positively due to the supportive leadership and staff at the school. The facility is beautiful and maintained with care. Technology is a huge focus with now Smartboards in most every room and online education is a requirement of its 2012 graduates. It is progressive and trying to offer academic rich opportunities for a smaller private school. Yes, a huge sacrafice to educate your kids privately but we only get one chance to raise children as parents. Highly recommended!

Posted June 17, 2012
As a former teacher, I have only praise for Grace Academy. From the headmaster to the principal to all the teachers, I have great respect. The students seem happy to go to school each day to learn in a loving, Christian environment. I like the rigorous academic standards coupled with their impressive technology program. The extra offerings like Lego Club, Math 24 and Chess Club make it fun for the kids. Their "Christian Soldier" offering each month in which the students recite Biblical passages and poetry from memory is quite impressive. The fact that parents can keep tabs on their child's progress online through Edline is quite convenient. All in all, I think that Grace has earned an A+!

Posted January 19, 2012
Grace Academy has been changing a lot and changing fast. Teachers are getting more and more professional development sessions and we are continuing to learn and grow in our professions. In the classroom there are hands-on acitivities, centers, high-interest novels, SmartBoards and other technology abounds, student clubs, and so much more are taking place at Grace Academy. The students and teachers are excited to come to school and to learn and grow in an atmosphere centered around God's word and love.

Grace Academy 1

Posted November 25, 2011
Several years ago, as "still" indicated on their website, they were stressing: "At Grace Academy, we realize that students grow at different rates. We utilize different models to help students grow. We draw upon the excellence and faithfulness of our staff to design reading models for each grade level and classroom needs every year. In designing our instruction, we always ask What is best for kids? " HOWEVER, this philosophy has since gone by the wayside! GA has succumbed to the temptations of the secular world, just as many of the churches of today. We, too, are searching for a CHRISTian school which sees our children as unique individuals and not walking dollar signs.

Grace Academy 3

Posted December 06, 2009

Posted April 12, 2007

Posted March 28, 2006
I have attended Grace Academy for 6yrs and currently am in 11th grade. We recently had an accredidation team from ACSI come to our school. They had almost all positive things to say. They said that the entire student body was surprisingly good.

Posted February 02, 2006
Overall I believe Grace Academy is a good school. I would like to see more teacher to parent interaction. I should be informed if my child's grades are decreasing...it should not be a surprise at report card time. To be fair, this has happened with one teacher to date. I enjoy the fact that the kids have to wear uniforms. It is frustrating to see the tuition go up each year.

Posted January 02, 2006
My daughter and son have gone to this school since they started school (8yrs for my daughter and 5yrs for my son). I have seen such great improvements in computer studies/Bible studies. I would like to see more school spirit when it comes to sporting events. After all the school has a great gym/soccer,baseball and softball fields. (Lets become more competitive!) I think the parents also need to become more involved to help improve all areas of the school. I know we pay tuition but, Its a known fact that children learn and focus more if they know their parents are involved.

Grace Academy