No rating

Broadfording Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 26 students

Living in Hagerstown

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $120,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted July 13, 2013

If you enjoy learning in a closed minded environment where the history teachers don't believe in anything that happened more than 7 thousand years ago than this is the school for you! I went to BCA for two years before leaving to go to Saint James School (which, by the way, was the best decision I had ever made. I definitely recommend looking at SJS since it's only a few minutes away). Some of the teachers at BCA are nice, some are not. Most of the kids are kind of friendly, some are not. The science textbooks are published by a Christian publisher. The history textbooks, as I mentioned before, start at around 7K years ago. You have to attend a god-awful bible class. Lunch is better than public school, but still not that great. The only positive thing I took away from the school was Pre-Algrebra. So if you have a bit more money to spend, send you kids to Saint James School or some other private school that doesn't look down on you if you aren't Christian or LGBT. I knew two people who left the school because they didn't feel welcomed because they weren't Christian. That is all.

Posted September 9, 2009

I attended BCA my 5th grade year through graduation. I had the best experience with BCA and am very fortunate to be involved there. BCA helped me find who I am, what I want to do in life and showed me how to be involved. The school is small, I know each student there even the first graders. The school is like a big family. I have always been an athelte. At BCA I played every sport and learned in grew everyday. Great teachers, great students, a great family.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 5, 2009

I wouldn't consider any other place for my daughter to go to school. At BCA they go above and beyond teaching, they encourage the students to think on their own, to problem solve and be creative. Students are given choices and responsibilities and they often rise to the occasion. God is at the forefront of education at BCA and when that happens, you tend to have intelligent, rational and respectful students. Submitted by Candy Foltz, a parent

Posted December 20, 2005

My daughter has been enrolled at Broadfording since Pre-K, she is now in 10th grade. I can't imagine her getting a better education anywhere else. I know that she is safe and will graduate with skills and knowledge she would not receive in a public school. The tuition is very reasonable and the before and afterschool daycare and activities are great.

Posted May 5, 2004

I absolutely love this school. The teachers there are great! I have to drive a distance but I don't mind the sacrifice for my kids. They are learning so easily now and the best part they are getting fed Gods word on a daily basis which I love!

Posted January 16, 2004

Broadfording is an excellent school. The overall leadership is good. The teachers are great. They encourage parental involvment. The children are treated lovingly and with respect. At Broadfording they have a chance to shine and be the best they can be.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Brethren
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13535 Broadfording Church Road