PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Heritage Academy 1

Posted August 09, 2015
Double, triple think before wasting your money by sending your child to Heritage Academy. I made the mistake of sending my child to this school for a year. At the start of the school year, it seemed I made a wise decision in switching my daughter from public school to private school. As the year went on, I saw what a huge mistake it was. 1- A child who's parents have money was absent from school more than what is allowed by MD law to pass the grade. The child passed the grade even though she was absent more times than allowed by law. 2- This same child was excused and given extra time to study for tests as she would throw a two year old temper tantrum (crying and complaining in-front of the class) in order to get out of taking tests, every-time the teacher would allow her and extra day or two. This opportunity was not given to the other children. 3- On the last day of school, my child's teacher pulled her aside and told her, "I could tell you were not Christian or brought up in a Christian home when you started here...." I was really offended when I heard my child was approached like this. I am Christian, and while I do not attend church on a regular basis, this does not make me or my family bad people as this teacher implied. These things and others have been brought to the attention of the school staff with no one reaching out for an explanation or apology. Again, rethink sending your child to Heritage Academy. If this is what Christian Education is about; who has the most money gets their way, NO THANKS!!!

Posted May 11, 2015
our children love this school & I can't imagine any other. The staff & teachers really make you feel like family

Posted January 27, 2012
This is our first year at Heritage but our child started feeling like he was part of the Heritage family after his first week! Every staff member we have met thus far has gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. They now offer accelerated classes and their teaching style is both "child-centered and Christ-centered." We are both pleased and relieved to be sending our child to Heritage Academy!

Heritage Academy 4

Posted October 01, 2008
Mr. Gibbs, the pricipal at Heritage, has been a great asset to the school. He is a strong force in steering the high schoolers towards preparation for college, which is very important to us. There are many teachers there as well who excel in what they do and pass an excitement on for learning to the kids. The school is continually growing stronger as an academic institution. My kids are really happy there and have made good friends while getting a good education.

Posted June 06, 2005
I'm not a parent, but I attended Heritage for four years. I recently graduated in 2004. I am so glad for the experience Heritage gave me. Although there may not be certain accelerated classes, I felt like I was prepared when I came to college. Never have I regretted attending Heritage, because it not only prepared me academically but it prepared me spiritually for the world of ministry.

Heritage Academy 4

Posted March 06, 2004
'Both my children have gone to Heritage Academy since we relocated to this area three years ago. Heritage is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best. The teachers work hard to bring out the best in each child. The only problem is that because the school is so small (250 students) there are no accelerated classes for the children that should be in advanced classes.

Heritage Academy