PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Double, triple think before wasting your money by sending your child to Heritage Academy. I made the mistake of sending my child to this school for a year. At the start of the school year, it seemed I made a wise decision in switching my daughter from public school to private school. As the year went on, I saw what a huge mistake it was. 1- A child who's parents have money was absent from school more than what is allowed by MD law to pass the grade. The child passed the grade even though she was absent more times than allowed by law. 2- This same child was excused and given extra time to study for tests as she would throw a two year old temper tantrum (crying and complaining in-front of the class) in order to get out of taking tests, every-time the teacher would allow her and extra day or two. This opportunity was not given to the other children. 3- On the last day of school, my child's teacher pulled her aside and told her, "I could tell you were not Christian or brought up in a Christian home when you started here...." I was really offended when I heard my child was approached like this. I am Christian, and while I do not attend church on a regular basis, this does not make me or my family bad people as this teacher implied. These things and others have been brought to the attention of the school staff with no one reaching out for an explanation or apology. Again, rethink sending your child to Heritage Academy. If this is what Christian Education is about; who has the most money gets their way, NO THANKS!!!

our children love this school & I can't imagine any other. The staff & teachers really make you feel like family

This is our first year at Heritage but our child started feeling like he was part of the Heritage family after his first week! Every staff member we have met thus far has gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. They now offer accelerated classes and their teaching style is both "child-centered and Christ-centered." We are both pleased and relieved to be sending our child to Heritage Academy!

Mr. Gibbs, the pricipal at Heritage, has been a great asset to the school. He is a strong force in steering the high schoolers towards preparation for college, which is very important to us. There are many teachers there as well who excel in what they do and pass an excitement on for learning to the kids. The school is continually growing stronger as an academic institution. My kids are really happy there and have made good friends while getting a good education.

Last modified Heritage Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12