Halethorpe, MD

Posted December 05, 2013
Only giving this "school" one star because I can't give it 0. The instructors are good people but they were glorified babysitters. The emphasis was on keeping the girls pacified and not on providing a quality education. I was supposed to be a freshmen in high school but I was placed in classes with girls that were seniors and the work was still unchallenging. My entire experience there was boring and terribly lonely. After I left and returned to public school in Howard county I had a very hard time adjusting to a normal high school course load. I don't know if there just isn't enough funding for Good Shepherd to provide a good education to all students, but I suspect that may be the case. There were no honors classes so the curriculum was in my opinion, based on the lowest expected level of performance from the students. This led to a lot of bored, troubled young ladies which subsequently led to a lot of chaos and acting out. Our girls deserve better. Avoid this place like the plague if you have any expectation of improvement in your child's performance and behavior in a school environment.

Posted April 23, 2011
Made me worse too. It's just a nice looking holding cell until you have done your time. They love to use the Isolation Room as punishment. 20 yrs later and I still have nightmares about being in this House of Horrors.

Posted January 06, 2011
I'm a alumnae of Good Shepherd Center - ten years now. The time I spent in that place did me more harm than good. I have spent the past 10 years teaching myself that I am a good student & a good person. Good Shepherd Center really carters to Maryland's Department of Juvenile Delinquency, nothing else. School is a joke - there is little to no education that is done. Look elsewhere.

Good Shepherd School 3

Posted October 26, 2004
the educational level is set at all one level. you can not go up or down in your educational level. you can not go higher than others in your educational knowledge. more problems arise between all girls. there are more problems with indivuals. with being in a set environment. they have more self-injurious behaviors.

Good Shepherd School