8-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The Good Shepherd will not answer basic public information questions by phone. That seems highly suspicious and cause for concern.

Very nice building. They have many resources. Teachers are nice. It is better to be from Baltimore to attend this school.

Only giving this "school" one star because I can't give it 0. The instructors are good people but they were glorified babysitters. The emphasis was on keeping the girls pacified and not on providing a quality education. I was supposed to be a freshmen in high school but I was placed in classes with girls that were seniors and the work was still unchallenging. My entire experience there was boring and terribly lonely. After I left and returned to public school in Howard county I had a very hard time adjusting to a normal high school course load. I don't know if there just isn't enough funding for Good Shepherd to provide a good education to all students, but I suspect that may be the case. There were no honors classes so the curriculum was in my opinion, based on the lowest expected level of performance from the students. This led to a lot of bored, troubled young ladies which subsequently led to a lot of chaos and acting out. Our girls deserve better. Avoid this place like the plague if you have any expectation of improvement in your child's performance and behavior in a school environment.

Made me worse too. It's just a nice looking holding cell until you have done your time. They love to use the Isolation Room as punishment. 20 yrs later and I still have nightmares about being in this House of Horrors.

I'm a alumnae of Good Shepherd Center - ten years now. The time I spent in that place did me more harm than good. I have spent the past 10 years teaching myself that I am a good student & a good person. Good Shepherd Center really carters to Maryland's Department of Juvenile Delinquency, nothing else. School is a joke - there is little to no education that is done. Look elsewhere.

Last modified Good Shepherd School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12