Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am very satisfied and happy with the principal, teachers and staff. Much credit goes to the principal. I think school deserves lot better rating than just 6 out of 10.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter has been going there since pre-k and so far all her class teachers exceeded our expectations.

My daughter goes to this school. The teachers in this school are really good. They pay close attention to each child and stays in constant communication with the parents.

This school is great fun they have lots of activitys fun games nice teachers and nice staffs there school is nice And I think lots of people should go there

This school has exceeded all of our expectations in a public school. The teachers are great as well as the administrators. As I read the reviews most of the bad reviews are from before the school was remolded and as far as not having an automatic door I appreciate the safety procedures they have in place so hold the door once the office buzzes you in

I have 1: who graduated from 5th grade today, 1- in 4th grade, 1 in Pre-K and 1 starts in August 2013. I know first hand the regular front office staff is caring, attentive & knowledgable. They especially Mrs. Kelly, will go above & beyond to help everyone! The PTA trys its best, trust me, I am one of the same members who attends most every meeting & for such a small group (under 20 attending members I would say) they make big things happen! We're always looking for new members & ideas. Most of my childrens teachers have been great, yes, some better than others but thats everywhere. My daughter complains about the disruptive children from time to time, but both the teachers and the front staff do their best to handle and address these issues and children. I shockingly witnessed a disrespectful kindergarden girl be so rude to the staff & I was just stunned, she then proceeded to be rude towards me, since I was sitting in her path. I have had interactions with The Principal, VP, Media, Chorus, Gym, Band teachers all honestly believe they try so very hard to make this school a better place and I am a very Proud parent of Hebron Harman Elementary School!!!

My son is a 2nd grader this year and has attended since kindergarten. This is the only elementary school in AAco to adopt the trial cirriculum and i feel that this style of teaching is rushed and limits the childrens grasp of essential material. I have heard teachers do not like it either. My son was and is being bullied at school due to his size and I feel that the teachers are so stretched w/ over 25 students in each class that it gets swept under the rug, The special education program was cut and this students who had specialized teachers and helpers were placed in regualr classes with little to no help that they deserve. On a plus side, there are some great extra cirricular activites and the teachers are very nice. I just wish he was more challenged.

My son started kindergarten there last year and so far the school is excellent to me. He loves his teacher. The principal and the vice principal are very supportive but firm. Children are challenged and engaged, they even have a group for the young one to teach them manners, sharing, cooperation, good social skils early. I agree the classes could be smaller, my child has 22 in his class. The PTA is very active, we are invited to come read to the class, chaperone field trips etc. If the teacher or I have any issues, I can email and get a response within 24 hours. Not sure what the other people are talking about. It is also one of the newest schools in the county and is said to be the most technologically advanced.

There are way too many kids per teacher to get any individualized attention, especially with the number of troublesome kids. The website says there are 14 kids per teacher; however, for the last 3 years, my kids have had 25 plus kids - this year one has 24 and the other has 28 - with only one teacher. The kids don't feel challenged at all.

We could not wait to pull our child out of this school and school system. The level of parent involvement is limited to only volunteering, not coming to visit your child, not attending field trips, nor end of the year activities. The doors to the school are not automatic, which makes it difficult for wheelchairs, the cafeteria is very small for which they hold all of thier gatherings, there is no recognition for perfect attendance, honor roll or character trait, etc for grades below 3rd. The front office staff knowlegde of what is going on in the school is limited to registering your child and signing them in and out, so if you have a question about what is going on in the school you have to e-mail your child's teacher and wait for a response. If school lets out due to snow, please pick up your child, because if you don't you will have to wait for over an hour at the bus stop for your childs arrival with no real eta (we found this out after waiting for 30 minutes and calling the school, because they did not contact us). Due to the over whelming number of misbehaved students in our childs class, the teacher focused more on them than the students abiding by the rules & needing help.

Last modified Hebron - Harman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.