Hanover, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted December 10, 2014
This school is great fun they have lots of activitys fun games nice teachers and nice staffs there school is nice And I think lots of people should go there

Posted March 19, 2014
This school has exceeded all of our expectations in a public school. The teachers are great as well as the administrators. As I read the reviews most of the bad reviews are from before the school was remolded and as far as not having an automatic door I appreciate the safety procedures they have in place so hold the door once the office buzzes you in

Hebron - Harman Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2013
I have 1: who graduated from 5th grade today, 1- in 4th grade, 1 in Pre-K and 1 starts in August 2013. I know first hand the regular front office staff is caring, attentive & knowledgable. They especially Mrs. Kelly, will go above & beyond to help everyone! The PTA trys its best, trust me, I am one of the same members who attends most every meeting & for such a small group (under 20 attending members I would say) they make big things happen! We're always looking for new members & ideas. Most of my childrens teachers have been great, yes, some better than others but thats everywhere. My daughter complains about the disruptive children from time to time, but both the teachers and the front staff do their best to handle and address these issues and children. I shockingly witnessed a disrespectful kindergarden girl be so rude to the staff & I was just stunned, she then proceeded to be rude towards me, since I was sitting in her path. I have had interactions with The Principal, VP, Media, Chorus, Gym, Band teachers all honestly believe they try so very hard to make this school a better place and I am a very Proud parent of Hebron Harman Elementary School!!!

Posted April 06, 2013
My son started kindergarten there last year and so far the school is excellent to me. He loves his teacher. The principal and the vice principal are very supportive but firm. Children are challenged and engaged, they even have a group for the young one to teach them manners, sharing, cooperation, good social skils early. I agree the classes could be smaller, my child has 22 in his class. The PTA is very active, we are invited to come read to the class, chaperone field trips etc. If the teacher or I have any issues, I can email and get a response within 24 hours. Not sure what the other people are talking about. It is also one of the newest schools in the county and is said to be the most technologically advanced.

Hebron - Harman Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2012
There are way too many kids per teacher to get any individualized attention, especially with the number of troublesome kids. The website says there are 14 kids per teacher; however, for the last 3 years, my kids have had 25 plus kids - this year one has 24 and the other has 28 - with only one teacher. The kids don't feel challenged at all.

Hebron - Harman Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2011
We could not wait to pull our child out of this school and school system. The level of parent involvement is limited to only volunteering, not coming to visit your child, not attending field trips, nor end of the year activities. The doors to the school are not automatic, which makes it difficult for wheelchairs, the cafeteria is very small for which they hold all of thier gatherings, there is no recognition for perfect attendance, honor roll or character trait, etc for grades below 3rd. The front office staff knowlegde of what is going on in the school is limited to registering your child and signing them in and out, so if you have a question about what is going on in the school you have to e-mail your child's teacher and wait for a response. If school lets out due to snow, please pick up your child, because if you don't you will have to wait for over an hour at the bus stop for your childs arrival with no real eta (we found this out after waiting for 30 minutes and calling the school, because they did not contact us). Due to the over whelming number of misbehaved students in our childs class, the teacher focused more on them than the students abiding by the rules & needing help.

Posted May 10, 2011
My daughter started Kindergarden this year and her teacher is one of the best I know!!! The entire school staff is friendly and looks out for the needs of the children. I am especially please with the principal.. My daughter had a problem with transisitioning at home and school and she took time out of her busy schedule to make my daughter feel very special and my daughter is only 6 but I know she will always remember her principal! Great School!!!!

Posted November 07, 2010
This is my daughters first year of school and so far its been an excellent experience! She loves her kindergarten teacher and she loves the school. She comes home so excited about learning and the curriculum is awesome! The office staff is very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this school to anyone in the area!

Hebron - Harman Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2009
Hebron-Harman Elementary School is a great school with a lot of great teachers and staff! The level of communication between parents and staff members is far beyond what is expected. Whenever there is a question or an issue, I always get a positive answer which assures me that this is the best school for my children. My child always comes home excited about what he learned at school everyday. The ways in which teachers work together; whether it be cultural arts, special ed, or assistants, demonstrate to children like mine that they are a group of caring, warm, dedicated individuals. In addition to the unique ways in which teachers teach in small groups, the school is overflowing with technology that parent like me were never exposed to! If you are looking for an awesome school, Hebron-Harman is it!

Posted February 06, 2009
This school exceeds my expectations! The communication to the parents is wonderful. They have an open-door policy where parents are welcome to be involved in their children's education. My child is recieving an outstanding education in a diverse atmosphere. They have the best use of techonology throughout all grade levels Pre-K to 5th. They offer extracurricular activities such as MESA, Math & Reading extension, Enviornmental Club and Human Relations. The teachers are warm, friendly, hard-working and go beyond the call of duty. They meet the needs of all students whether they are struggling or excelling. My children feel very safe at Hebron-Harman Elementary.

Hebron - Harman Elementary School
7600 Ridge Chapel Rd, Hanover, MD  21076
Last modified Hebron - Harman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hebron - Harman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top