Havre De Grace, MD

Roye-Williams Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 18, 2015
Do not send your child to ANY Harford county schools IF they have ANY learning disabilities. This county is backwards and provides as minimal support as possible. Expect the fight of your life for little to nothing. We had to hire an advocate AND pay for private tutoring just to get ANY education at all for our child. Moved there from another district where I was comfortable. Left there and went to a third district where my child is excelling. Learned more in one year here than he learned in the entire 3.5 years we spent there. Deeply regret I let them have any control over 3.5 years of his educational life!

Posted April 29, 2014
Roye-Williams has been a great school for my three children that have attended there. Mrs. Osborn, Mr. Hoffman, Mrs. Dacey(retired) Mrs. Field have been some of the most amazing teachers! I am happy my children attended this school and anytime one of my kids have had an issue it was addressed quickly! One of the first schools off base that I would recommend highly. I hope soon all states adopt Core Curriculum and soon so we can keep our kids education on the same level in each state.

Posted December 28, 2013
I have 3 children at RWES and I love the school. They have some of the most caring teachers at this school. My oldest has went to this school since K and is now in 5th grade and there has only been one teacher that I haven't liked. She is no longer at the school. All the other teachers my children have had were wonderful. The only bad thing I will say about the school is that it could use some remodeling.

Roye-Williams Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2013
This is a great school. The teachers are great, and the school is always clean. Though, the principals and the other office staff could use some work. I'd like to give a huge thanks to Ms. Peyton, Ms. Mahoney, Mrs. Field, Mrs. Lichty, Mrs. Bartlebaugh, Mr. Stump, Mrs. Eure, Ms. Pettit, and Ms. Mehaffey. They make this school truly great.

Roye-Williams Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
There are some great teachers.. especially the music teacher and the art teacher.... but overall this school is by far the worst school I have come across... my son went here for two years and in kindergarten he actually went backwards... I'm pretty sure he didn't learn anything outside our home... then he went to first grade and had five different teachers and a substitute every other week... and they don't want parents to be involved and I'm pretty sure the principal doesn't even like children or people for that matter.... so glad were not there anymore!

Posted December 31, 2012
We absolutely love this school. The teachers do a great job and the administration is responsive to concerns. My two children are very different and they are meeting each of their needs.

Posted October 28, 2012
We love the school!!!!! We are military and my 3 kids are all in RWES for the last 3 yrs. I dont know how the school was the past years, but all i can say we love it. The teachers are awesome (1st to 5th grade), the office staff is always nice. They have extra programs for special gifted and also for kids who need some extra help. The music program with orchestra/band and chorus is really nice. It is an old school but thats the only negative thing about it. Read only the newest comments... WE LOVE RWES ;)

Roye-Williams Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2012
My oldest daughter started at RW in 4th grade and did very well. She liked the school. The only concern I had was with the GT program or lack there of. The plus side was that they do offer chorus and band.

Posted August 16, 2011
it was a wonderful school, the teachers are friendly and are willingly to help in any way they can

Posted July 30, 2011
I had 2 children go through Roye William Elementary. My son went there from 2nd grade, he did great. My daughter started in Kindergaten, and was excellent upon completion of 5th grade. Thanks to the excellent work Ms. Aboud, and Ms Peyton put in. Mr Knight helped my son to be excellent in Math. Roye William elementary is like a Private school that is run by the government. We did not need a private school, because we could not ask for anything better. Thanks Ms. Osborne for your wonderful leadership, and caring for our kids. I love Roye William elementary.

Roye-Williams Elementary School
201 Oakington Rd, Havre De Grace, MD  21078
Last modified Roye-Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roye-Williams Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top