Hillcrest Heights, MD

Posted October 07, 2014
My boys attend this school and i really like the school. My oldest started kindergarten at this school and at the beginning of the school year my son had a really hard time adjusting. With the help of Ms. Belanger, Ms. Bishop, Mrs. Wyatt, and Ms. Spencer my son has transformed into an excellent student and now he really loves going to this school. My 4yr old attends now and they both are doing very well. Ms. Hemmer is amazing and she's on top of everything. Ms. Hawkins can be a bit intimidating but she her heart is with these kids and it shows. It's hard to read the bad reviews because i haven't experienced any negative issues with this school. I do agree with some of the comments about a make over but overall i'm please with Holy Family and would recommend this school to family/friends.

Posted March 07, 2014
I am a former student who went to Holy Family in the 1980's. I can honestly say that they taught me how to write good papers. There was a strong emphasis on reading. That helped me throughout my life and gave me the foundations I needed. Glad to see the school is still open.

Posted February 11, 2014
Teachers of the school have no patience for the children you received several phone calls for the little things never received any positive feedback from your childs teacher. the children are not challenged. I would not recommend the school for parents who care about the childs education or their future in education.

Posted January 17, 2014
Poor teaching... The school is extremely outdated, books, computers, ... The school needs a complete turnaround.. Last year, teachers were not completely certified, this year's teachers have no patience for our kids.. IT IS SAD!! I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Holy Family Catholic School 2

Posted May 30, 2013
My child went to Holy Family for two years. I was very pleased with the curriculum and the teacher in the 3rd grade, but 4th grade was a huge disappointment. My child consistently talked to me about the things that the teachers were saying not only to her but also to other students. I found the comments to be disrespectful, inappropriate, and sometimes downright factually incorrect. I think the administration spends too much time tolerating those students with behavioral problems and ignored the students who strived to do well. There's an overall negative and tense atmosphere at the school and the teachers seem to be intimidated and too scared to speak out. I knew it was time to go when my child said to me "I don't know why they call this place Holy Family. There's nothing holy about it." Incidentally, my child is a straight A student at HFS, but when I went to remove my child from the school and place her elsewhere, she scored very poorly. What does that say about the academics?

Posted January 06, 2013
I am currently a senior (8th gr.) and I honestly can say I STRONGLY DISLIKE this school. Many people like it, but I think that teachers don't even like it. They say we as students are disrespectful. And the principal even told us we were the worst 7 and 8 grade in her years of being principal. My class cant never learn anything because my teacher talks to much and puts everyone to sleep. We hardly use our textbooks exept in math English science social studies. Also they have mice. And they know it. The teachers are very disrespectful. Well not all of them. Shout out to MR. MERCER for being the best science teacher in the world and understanding us as children.

Posted September 15, 2011
My baby LOVES this school, always ready to go.... It was a great choice and so glad I decided to send her.... Keep up the good work Mrs. Hawkins....

Posted August 30, 2010
I attended Holy Family from Kindergarden - 8th grade. I didn't appreciate the school at the time but now I am grateful to the teachers and my parents for sending me there. During my tenure I couldn't stand having to wear uniforms, I felt like the school was out of date, stern and expected way to much out of the students. It wasn't until I visited the surrounding high schools and found that even as a struggling student in Holy Family, I was leaps and bounds ahead educationally from my public school counterparts. Holy Family prepared me for life. I made it through high school, college and graduate school and currently am fairly successful. Holy Family taught me life lessons and the people that I have met during my tenure at HF are the most positive, successful people that I have ever met in my life.

Holy Family Catholic School 5

Posted December 16, 2009
I would rate holy family over the chart it is the best school i have ever went to. I loved the teachers and the pastor father damamin he was so nice and mrs. Hawkins she was awesome. I was a student there for 8 years untill i had to leave but i want to go bac. All i have to say is that school taugh me alot about religion and being a better person...U guys well always be in me heart..............

Holy Family Catholic School 5

Posted November 17, 2009
I rate Holy family School ver highly. When we could not afford the school fees, Mrs Hawkins still took us in and 3 of my kids where accomodated without paying school fees. My 2 year old at the time was accepted into the school so that I could work. It has made a big difference in her life. To all the places we have moved to since then her teachers have always commented on how organized, respectful and deligent she is and this is because she had the right foundation. Today, we have found our feet because of the opportunity the school gave us to do so and we will continue to contribute to the school with the hope that other kids can be given an opportunity. My kids were taught love with a firm descipline. I am happy that the school still continues in its catholic tradition of descipline.

Holy Family Catholic School
2200 Callaway St, Hillcrest Heights, MD  20748
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top