Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership needs a complete reboot with new leaders who can actually lead and make a difference instead of trying to show power that they obviously don't have.

I can teach anywhere but I have chosen to teach here for many years. There is a great deal of structure and high expectations for academics and behavior. Many students come here with needs above and beyond what many folks would expect, and the Smallwood staff and community provide caring support along with quality instruction. My colleagues and I sincerely care about our students. All students can excel in classes and extracurricular activities. Students have access to technology daily through Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Parents are encouraged to get involved through PTO memberships, volunteering, and classroom visits.

My son dreads going to school every morning. There is a huge bullying problem at this school that is not being addressed. It was suggested to me that my son was perhaps bringing the harassment upon himself. The administration in this school needs to be changed, or educated on not victimizing the victim.

The Worst I've ever seen so far...in order for my child to learn or master a skill I have to stay on the Teachers to let them know what my daughter is not picking up on....before you know it they already covering another lesson and most of the students in the class haven't grasped or mastered the concepts of the past lesson....they get NO recess, they have to be pretty much on silent time during lunch and when their not talking amongst each other the Principal or Assistance are giving speeches, yes during the only free time the children are allowed during the day....Most of the time I'm wondering if I sit in class each day would it be a difference and/or will I see better results, but if I do that who's going to pay the bills...I ought to trust my child Teacher that she is giving quality education to my child...this is NOT being done...the Principal is messy, the counselors are messy and a few teachers just don't care ...my experience for he last year has been awful...I hope things get better before they get any worst....Smallwood really need to evaluate the school and start giving the children quality education.

This is a great school! My daughter always has good things to say about the teachers and principal, she loves them and her classes. I have met all of her teachers and I agree, they are amazing. She is on the Principal's Honor Roll or High Honor Roll every semester. But of course, she notices who the bad kids are and stays away from them, only associates with positive and good kids, which is a blessing. Overall, this is a really good school!

General Smallwood is a good school... Your child will be good if you are involved!! The teachers were great!!

This school was really good compared to Benjamin Stoddert it could of been better if they rezoned the poor to another school. I hate to say that but there were only bad kids from those neighborhoods. Other than that the environment is friendly and the teachers work hard at this school and I recommend it to parents to try it out, but please only enroll your child here if your a good parent.

I have seen the kidsat General Smallwood they are not happy there and they do not like it. In my opion i think it is not school they don't like it is the people who teach the classes and the actual way they run the school. I would not recommend this school until they have corected the school and made the kids happy under circumstance's.

I am thrilled to work here. I have seen great leadership from teachers and administrators alike. Parents are very supportive. We have won PBIS awards for our continued efforts to avoid matters that are harmful or unsafe in our building. We have many less occurences than most schools in our county. The students know that their principal respects them and gives them the opportunity to succeed.

Smallwood is a much better school that what it use to be. baisically if your child stays on the right path and away from the wrong group of kids, they should have no problems. I enjoy the attention that the teachers give the students academically. their programs are very broad.

Last modified General Smallwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.