Posted July 11, 2015
My son attends Bollman Bridge and has enjoyed it very much. He is reading on grade level and his math skills are excellent. Upon reading many of these comments, I would urge parents/caregivers to not hedge their experiences on someone else's. The educational experience of each child will be different based on social, emotional and cogitative ability. This also applies to parent/caregiver as well!

Bollman Bridge Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2013
My daughter had a terrible experience at Bollman Bridge.I think the teachers use very poor judgement in the placement of students in academic programs. My daughter had a very mild disability. Her teaching team took her off diploma track and put her on certificate track without mine or my husband`s knowledge or consent. She also did not even score low enough on an I. Q. test to qualify for this track. My husband and I found out all this through the grapevine later on down the road. By that time she had fallen to far behind to go back on diploma track. Bollman Bridge academically ruined our daughter. We are contemplating suing the Howard County school system.

Posted June 01, 2012
My child is leaving Bollman Bridge this year to go to middle school and I must say that these last 6 years have been the best! This school is very diverse and students and staff embrace this! It is evident that the school is a fun place to learn and the teaching is wonderful. Teachers and staff keep in touch to report student progress! The PBIS program at this school has been very helpful for my willful child and I have learned a great deal from this. I have always been welcome at the school and have enjoyed my time as a parent at BBES too!

Posted February 09, 2012
I love this school. My son who is now in 6th grade at Patuxent Valley attended Bollman K-5 and had an amazing experience at this school. He was in above grade level classes in reading and math at Bollman, and still is at Patuxent. I currently have a daughter in Kindergarten at Bollman, and she loves it. The teachers and administration stay on top of things. Her teacher stays in touch via email and is always readily available to answer any questions. I have volunteered at some of the events such as the Turkey Walk and some of the holiday parties and the kids are always so involved and happy. Unfortunately, due to redistricting we will be attending another school in September, and I am truly sad to be leaving Bollman Bridge. We have had a wonderful experience with both of my children.

Posted March 22, 2011
Bollman is a very diverse school, has a lot of kids that come from all parts of Savage. My son's class has a small ratio, but they do swap out for many things like reading, related arts, and math so most kids will be exposed to all of the teachers from that grade level and sometimes all of the movement and change throughout the day can be lot for him. Lunch time is very structured and routine, recess is rather short but this is the case for most schools. My son is reading above his grade level this year despite all of the changes and adjustments he has had to endure this year, that says a lot of his teacher, she is excellent with e-mail communication, usually gets back to me within a day or two with long thoughtful responses. My son enjoys, Music PE and Art very much. Mr. Henry has them doing very nice coil pottery in 2nd grade. All in all Bollman is a good school, my only bad observation would be that some of the teachers seem to have an average attitude, not with the students, but with leadership, like they are in disagreement with things but carry on anyway, while other teachers strive to go above and beyond on a regular basis. Overall decent school. Out of space to write.

Posted September 19, 2010
Set up for the future of our kids, always new books and new equipment for the kids

Bollman Bridge Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2010
So far this school is not bad. Teachers and the administration are managing the schedul well and they are so kind and welcoming to students and parents. However I have one complain to teachers, not all of them though, about academic effort. I wish theachers can do better job about teaching their students. I check my kids school papers and homework in detail. I feel that there is lack of explaining for the sections, specially for the Math. I really appreciate for their hard work but please do some more about your teaching.

Posted March 07, 2010
I a parent of a 3rd grader that is doing well in school. The administration and teachers are working together this year. Mr. Davis is accessible throughout the day on a regular basis as well as the teachers. The teachers deserve a pat on the back for staying through all the turmoil of past years. great job bollman bridge staff.

Posted November 16, 2009
The new administrator continues to make positive change across the school! There is a new energy apparent witin the staff this year!

Posted October 14, 2009
I love this school. I have to children one is in 3rd grade and the other one in fifth grade. The teachers care about the students, the resources are great and the dedication from the staff is ubelivable. I would not change it for anything else.

Bollman Bridge Elementary School
8200 Savageguilford Rd, Jessup, MD  20794
Last modified Bollman Bridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bollman Bridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top