Posted March 12, 2014
A great environment - wonderful blend of academics, athletics, arts and leadership opportunities. Girls are open and respectful of each other and have a great bond. Teachers and faculty genuinely care for students and go out of their way to help them succeed. College counseling program is the envy of other schools in the area.

Academy Of The Holy Cross 2

Posted January 06, 2013
Academy of the Holy Cross is not that great of a school. The teachers teach the lessons too fast and expect students to ace the test and quizzes. The girls there are also very catty and rude. Not a great school.

Posted October 17, 2011
This is an outstanding school that is among the best in Montgomery County, Maryland. It prepares young women for the rtgors of college academics and produces young ladies who are prepared to serve in leadeship roles. Well grounded in superior academics, sports and performing arts, students of the academy are women of courage, compassion and scholarship.

Posted July 13, 2011
Fostered growth, independence and spirituality. The teachers were highly skilled in their profession and passionate about their students. The school's setting was comfortable like one giant family. It was a pivotal period of time in my life that I will never foret.

Posted February 08, 2011
Holy Cross had to be the best thing that has ever happened to me thus far. I could not have asked for a greater group of friends to go through high school with and I know I can rely on any of them at any moment. My whole class has such a strong bond. As mentioned in another post, the academics are underestimated but I completely disagree. At my first year in college, I have done so well in all of my classes. The english department has prepared me to the fullest and my resume is awesome for high school because of all the community service. I would recommend Holy Cross to any parent that asked!

Academy Of The Holy Cross 3

Posted January 12, 2011
I loved my time at Holy Cross! The girls are very friendly and welcoming to all people. AHC has a strong theater, art, and writing program. AHC definitely needs to work on it's science program. I'm currently a sophomore in college, and I can certainly say Holy Cross put me at a disadvantage by not offering the proper laboratories and course material that my other classmates have. With that being said, my 4 years at AHC were the best years my life (so far)!

Posted April 24, 2009
Coming to Holy Cross was the best thing that ever happened to me. I transferred in my junior year, and the girls were very friendly. I was given a rigorous course load and learned a lot. Many of my friends applied to and got in to Ivy League schools. I wouldn't dream of sending my children anywhere else.

Academy Of The Holy Cross 0

Posted January 21, 2009
This is a wonderful school...And in regards to the comment about this school being average in comparison to Stone Ridge, I completely disagree! In my opinion Stone Ridge cannot compare to AHC...Stone Ridge is stuffy...shows disparity towards students..and favors students whose families contribute large financial contributions...If you want your daughter to attend a school that is academically sound...select this school.

Academy Of The Holy Cross 0

Posted June 09, 2008
I graduated very recently from AHC and I can honestly say that my four years there were the greatest experience of my life. A lot of people underestimate the academics there but these people truly are wrong. Holy Cross offers wonderful classes but also allows the students to flourish in other areas such as community service, the arts, and sports. I am much more well-rounded than many of the students I encounter at the Ivy league school I attend now. Holy Cross is an experience that I wouldn't trade for the world and I plan on sending my daughters there when I am older.

Academy Of The Holy Cross 4

Posted May 21, 2008
All around great school. Academically and Athelically they have an excellent profram. The staff at AHC are loving caring. They really want their students to succeed.

Academy Of The Holy Cross
4920 Strathmore Avenue, Kensington, MD  20895
Last modified Academy Of The Holy Cross is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Academy Of The Holy Cross Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top