Bad
Good

Newport Mill Middle School is the middle school I went to and I regret every moment I spent in there. Most of the teachers there were rude, disrespectful and threatened/belittled me, saying things like, "I'm done helping you" or "You're really annoying" and even "You're ruining my Valentine's day." when I asked for help and was stuck on a question or problem. One of the teachers even threatened to call my dad because I didn't understand a problem. Because of this I stopped asking the teachers for help, but my dad kept receiving complaints from teachers that I wasn't making any effort on my behalf to seek help. In my resource class, the teachers occupied us with stupid class work while the whole point of the class was to do homework or late work, and when we had no homework to do, part of the grade was to write "none" or "no homework" in the class that you had none in the agenda book. And simply because I asked if I could write a X instead of none or no homework, I was given lunch detention for marking something "wrong" in my agenda book. Also I was bullied on a daily basis. When I went to staff to report this, they didn't do much, if anything, to help me. But I've ranted enough, point is: DON'T send your child to Newport Mill MS unless you want him/her to come home crying everyday due to being pestered by a student or a TEACHER. Both thumbs down.

Newport Mill Middle School boasts a multicultural student population, a highly diversified staff and an environment that makes one feel more like they are in a small village than a public school. Students from over 40 countries walk the halls of Newport Mill. There is an excellent ESOL program and a differentiated curriculum for the diversity of students. The staff of the school are devoted to infusing rigor into the curriculum. Teachers challenge students with lessons based on higher level thinking. There are a plethora of after-school activities in the arts, drama, sports and computer. The staff are dedicated to the students and there is a rich dialogue ongoing between staff and parents that reinforce the greatness of the school spirit "Go Tigers!"

newport is one of the best middle schools in this area! i went here and they have so many classes thta they offer. many many advance classes for the kids to take and already get high school credit . the teachers love their job and its a very calm school everything under control. and determine to help the community.

I really like this school.It has a very firm but kind principal who keeps every one under control.The teachers are very understanding towards the students. The cafeteria give some very healthy choices like salads and fruits. for the children.This school has star quality.

I think it is an excellent school! It has really great and funny teachers. It's principal and vice principal keep everything in control. The cafeteria people are great too with a variety of great food including healthy ones too!

Last modified Newport Mill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.