Crossway Community Montessori School 5

Posted December 03, 2014
My family is new to Crossway this year, and we are thrilled with our experience. Crossway Montessori is a terrific school with excited and dedicated teachers, a strong leadership, and a culture of respect and support.

Posted October 08, 2014
Our experience has been the exact opposite. Faculty and staff are mostly concerned about reputation and money aside from tuition. Meanwhile the student culture has gone way down hill. Do not waste money by sending your kid to this school. This is one of the worst experience I have ever had. My kids are now enrolled at other Montessori schools that are equally or more smarter. Teachers think they are smart and do not take care of the kids and their education. This school is interested in only making money from fundraising. Teachers never take any responsibilities, the staff are very rude. I would never recommend this school since it is a waste of money. I would prefer my kid to go to a place where the true world is projected. I would recommend to your hard earned money in good Montessori schools elsewhere.

Crossway Community Montessori School 5

Posted September 12, 2014
After reading some of the other reviews on this school, I was pretty surprised at the dissatisfaction. It seems there is a lot going on behind closed doors that we are unaware of. That being said, as far as the care and education I receive for my child, I am more than content. My child has attended this school for a year now. My child is far more advanced than his peers outside of the school. I give the teachers at this school a lot of credit for what he can do. My child's motor skills, verbal skills, and social skills are above average; even my pediatrician agrees! I feel it has helped my family to be open in our communication with the school's entire staff. Any questions or concerns I have had are always addressed in a timely and respectful manner. I believe that by keeping the "Montessori" standard of living at home has also increased our success with this school. Thus far, I have nothing but good things to say about this school and would highly recommend it, especially if you start young!

Posted September 06, 2014
I have been working for CMC since 2012 and finally had the courage to leave in 2014. I loved the children and the women that lived in this FLA program, But the CEO Kathleen Guinan cared more about donors and money. Outside help was never applied to the school and the program. Some teachers had degrees but we were always asked not to communicate with the women of the program by orders of Kathleen. I noticed that many of the outside parents children were separated from the children that lived in this program and I felt wrong to allow this but we had to follow orders. Also many outside parents felt shamed when they did not want to donate by Kathleen. I think its important to communicate but we are just not allowed. Also the administrative staff treat me very ignorant because I had an accent. This is not a good company to work for. The administrative office does not respect the women that live there, and the teachers that don't want to follow their unethical ways. I will never allow myself to work for someone like Kathleen again.

Posted May 28, 2014
Horrible. The charter school is no more after the 2013-14 school year and my child is going with the charter. The CEO and Head of School are both very unfriendly and have a ton of empty words and no follow through. Parents are not involved. They keep asking parents for money with no transparency as to where it's going. Steer clear!!

Crossway Community Montessori School 2

Posted May 27, 2014
The leadership of this school is very poor. The majority of the teachers are good but there's a coldness due to the administration. The outdoor space is great but you're really paying a premium for only 3 hours of Montessori instruction. The school is also not accredited by AMI which they claim to be aligned with. My child seems to like it but some of the older students use inappropriate language that 5 year olds should not know, and are a bit wild. Overall I would not recommend this school for older children. The infant and toddler programs look nice. The administration needs to be more welcoming to parents.

Crossway Community Montessori School 4

Posted February 25, 2014
They raised tuition out of nowhere and never provided documentation regarding the same. So long as you are paying the tuition without questioning, your child will be treated right. But if you dare complaint about anything, they would shut you down and eventually throw your child out of the school by reminding you that the State has no Jurisdiction over them. Even worst, they would put pressure on you to the point that you will relocate your child to avoid engaging in their Chess Game. The school has amazing and devoted staffs, as well as under qualifies staffs. Just pray that your child is in the hand of the good ones as some kids are being mistreated in the school. The Montessori program is great but they definitely need to change their attitude toward decision making process, as they constantly do so without parent input. They also need reconsider the qualification of some of their staffs members.

Posted August 21, 2013
If there was 0 star I'd give them 0 star. They started charter school program last year, and it made things even worse. The management and administration is terrible. The way it is run is so unprofessional and inefficient. MCPS is supposed to have some oversight on how this charter is run but it seems they do not care about the way the taxpayers money is being used at this school. CEO of the place talks about community and all the right words but in reality it is all empty words. There are lot to say about this school but bottom line stay away from this school.

Posted August 07, 2013
The admission process is the worst I've seen. It takes 5 calls to get a call back. First they tell you there is space, then Karen Beiley tells you that you cannot come for a tour but she will mail you admission materials. Finally Karen Beiley tells you there is just no space. It's just the worst administration of any kind.

Posted November 04, 2012
The Teachers are wonderful. The Administration is scandalous. They have tried raising tuition out of no where, among other things. Parent involvment is low but because the administration tries to keep the parents out as much as possible.

Crossway Community Montessori School
3015 Upton Drive, Kensington, MD  20895
Last modified Crossway Community Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Crossway Community Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top