Kensington, MD

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 20, 2015
Most of the teachers are great at getting the kids to learn and work and do what they need to do.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 20, 2015
There is no homework and they kids are often sent home with another child's work.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 20, 2015
The kids get a lot of time to work on projects and learn and get help when they need it.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
The kids are taught to fend for themselves and say, I don't like it. They are never disciplined or asked to say sorry. They are taught to respect things but not people.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 20, 2015
It is hard to say since parents never see their children at school. They have it locked down all the time. You only see your kids at drop off and pick up.

Crossway Community Montessori School 1

Posted May 18, 2015
This place has way too much to hide. What is offered on the website is not what happens in the school. This place is nothing but a business. The positive outcome of each child rests on parent involvement for the most part. There are not enough teachers. You will see the same teachers every day. Most are burnt out and need either a vacation or another field of work. The loyalty is among the staff and not the families and children.

Posted May 14, 2015
I am a staff member of CMS I have been working here for over 7 years. I am very happy here and love the children as well as all staff members and families. We work together as a team. We have grown as learned so much from our boss in charge. We are very lucky to have them care so much about us and the children as well as all family's. Please come take a look at our wonderful safe environment. We care about families this is why I continue to be apart of this great school.

Crossway Community Montessori School 1

Posted May 13, 2015
Crossway Montessori Community is not deserving of a single star. My daughter attended and I found that the are teachers uninspiring and the administration are clumsy and ineffectual. The CEO is lacking in vision and seems to make up rules on the spot. She is universally disliked by the staff/teachers and the women that live in that building. The head of the school and other administrators try to convey an image of CLASS and progressiveness, but don't be fooled. The instruction is mediocre at best and the educational programming is stale and as traditional worse then public school. Crossway Community is a rip off and certainly not worthy of your time and money. Not to mention that Crossway Community are being investigated by HOC and other Montgomery county affairs. Also, I read the recent post here, Think about it, it does not even sound like a parent, it's very promoting and summer is right around the corner, both recent post focus on the garden. Believe me when I say this, I lived there and left due to the knowledge about this program and their school. DONORS ALSO PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOUR MONEY WILL NOT GO BACK INTO THEIR PROGRAM. Do your research.

Posted May 04, 2015
Crossway was recommended to me by a coworker when I mentioned that I was looking for a Montessori school in the area. After touring several schools, I knew that Crossway was the place for us. The crying at drop-off that had been happening at her old school completely stopped. She is genuinely happy to go to school. She loves her teachers and getting "lessons". The classrooms are quite and calming, unlike the over-stimulating classrooms of a traditional preschool. If you aren't already familiar with Montessori philosophy, please read up on it! It is so beneficial and empowering for children. I now have 2 children enrolled at Crossway and would recommend it to anyone. The teachers and assistants at the school are fantastic. They are genuinely some of the kindest women I have met and I feel like they truly care about my children. I also love that the school has two gardens that the children help to work and then get to eat from.

Posted March 21, 2015
Both my children attended this school. I am very pleased with all the education hey receive, the wonderful staff and the great friend they met at Crossway. They both have very fond memories of the school and always ask to come back for the special events and festivals the school holds thru out the year. The staff gave me great advice on parenting and helped my children grow into responsible independent kids. This school even has a Garden to Table program where the kids grow the food they eat. They had a great experience and I have been recommending the school to my friends.

3015 Upton Drive, Kensington, MD  20895
Last modified Crossway Community Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Crossway Community Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top