Bad
Good

My son recently joined GPES this October and has thrived with the warm, caring, respectful and dedicated environment to the children. In addition to the staff's commitment, it seems most parents are involved with the school in one way or another. We are very happy with our choice and look forward to the next 5 years at GPES.

My daughter is a 1 grade come from a private school. What she is learning in 1 grade is what she learning in pre school at the private school. After 3 weeks of school i see my daughter going to school to just sosialize. She isnt learning nothing new. And she ask me every day Why i have to go to school to do over,and over the samething.I already know .

I have one child that goes to Garrett park elementary this is his second year and I do not like the school at all. If my child does something he always get in trouble but let another child do something to him nothing happens it's time for another school.

My child attended this school a few years ago and I was just checking up on it again and I really have to say that the principle is amazing. She knows all of the students on a first name basis, and always pays attention to each of them; one year there was this little immigrant girl and she even went out of her way and talked to that student in her own language for a bit. Many of the teachers, as well, have unique teaching methods that work perfectly with the diverse mix of students, and encourage each individual to achieve their best. The extracurriculars are rich as well; art class in particular seemed to make a positive impact upon my child. And to top it off, the school events were fantastic and relevant to my child's own contentedness. The rotation of classes taught by one teacher within a grade and inter-grade "buddies" is yet another great idea that could only have come up at this school.

I love the Garret Park. My daughter didn't speak English. But when she was in kindergarten, she started! The teacher explained so amazing, that my daughter 2 month later started to understand instructions, made her work like other children and try to bring me letters like 'I love my mom' =) They are very friendly and always try do something for children. We had some parties, fun theme weeks and walking-tours.

The staff is not qualified enough and does not want to teach kids. From a discussion with a stuff development I understood that they believe the later a child start learning anything the better.

My son just joined Garrett park elementary in first grade.. He really likes his school and has adjusted really well. The teachers are really undestanding and professtional. .Overall it has been a welcoming experience.

This is my second year at the school and I think Is wonderful. The teachers are great and the principal and Vice principal are really professional and willing to help anytime.

In a climate of shrinking resources and ever more complex elementary curriculum, Garrett Park is nothing short of miraculous. It puts complex educational theories into practice while recognizing the unique gifts of each student. The principal is very hands on. I see her in the hallway almost every visit I make. She continues to surprise me by being up-to-date on each of my children's progress. The faculty is dedicated to high-level education and very skilled in its execution. The staff is professional, courteous, and quick to smile. I always feel comfortable calling. Three of my children have gone to Garrett Park. Each has had individual needs met with competence and understanding. Two have IEPs that reflect their learning style and support both their strengths and weaknesses. The principal worked with me and the team to insure that the proper staff and testing were involved. I feel my children s issues were well defined and the proper accommodations were put in place. The school nurse has been highly professional and attentive in helping manage my son's asthma. I have nothing but praise to offer for the entire operation at Garrett Park.

Parent of a special education pre-schooler who goes to GPES for speech therapy weekly and will attend GPES for K this fall. We LOVE the school and the staff we have interacted with to this point. The counselor is AMAZING, the resource teacher supportive and accomodating, the PTA is very involved and pro-active, and the speech therapist is sensational. The new building is beautiful, and the staff makes it even more appealing. We have been nothing short of 100% impressed.

Last modified Garrett Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.