Garrett Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
The staff is not qualified enough and does not want to teach kids. From a discussion with a stuff development I understood that they believe the later a child start learning anything the better.

Garrett Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My son just joined Garrett park elementary in first grade.. He really likes his school and has adjusted really well. The teachers are really undestanding and professtional. .Overall it has been a welcoming experience.

Posted September 20, 2013
This is my second year at the school and I think Is wonderful. The teachers are great and the principal and Vice principal are really professional and willing to help anytime.

Posted June 07, 2013
In a climate of shrinking resources and ever more complex elementary curriculum, Garrett Park is nothing short of miraculous. It puts complex educational theories into practice while recognizing the unique gifts of each student. The principal is very hands on. I see her in the hallway almost every visit I make. She continues to surprise me by being up-to-date on each of my children's progress. The faculty is dedicated to high-level education and very skilled in its execution. The staff is professional, courteous, and quick to smile. I always feel comfortable calling. Three of my children have gone to Garrett Park. Each has had individual needs met with competence and understanding. Two have IEPs that reflect their learning style and support both their strengths and weaknesses. The principal worked with me and the team to insure that the proper staff and testing were involved. I feel my children s issues were well defined and the proper accommodations were put in place. The school nurse has been highly professional and attentive in helping manage my son's asthma. I have nothing but praise to offer for the entire operation at Garrett Park.

Posted March 21, 2013
Parent of a special education pre-schooler who goes to GPES for speech therapy weekly and will attend GPES for K this fall. We LOVE the school and the staff we have interacted with to this point. The counselor is AMAZING, the resource teacher supportive and accomodating, the PTA is very involved and pro-active, and the speech therapist is sensational. The new building is beautiful, and the staff makes it even more appealing. We have been nothing short of 100% impressed.

Posted March 29, 2012
Garrett Park Elementary School is a great school. The Prinicipal is a very helpful and supportive to parents and students. Three years back when my kid had in trouble and conflict with his class teacher she voluntarily helped us to resolve the issue peacefully. From our experience the class teachers were really patient and sincere shaping our kids. The school has recently renovated the building with all new facilities.

Garrett Park Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2012
The principal was unwilling to take appropriate action to ensure that my child and classmates received appropriate instruction by their teacher in the classroom setting.

Garrett Park Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2011
New parent and not very happy with the administration office. Not welcoming and uninformative. I had to keep calling to get information that my child needed and go pick it up instead of the administration mailing it to my house like everybody else. I do hope my child have a better experience this upcoming school year.

Posted August 08, 2011
I have a child going into first grade, and I love the school and the teachers. The admininstration has responded to issues quickly and the morale seems to be really good. Even though I have no idea who the prior poster is, I feel somehow responsible. If any parent or prospective parent has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to talk to the administration. We are going into a new school year, so I hope everyone gets off on the right foot!

Garrett Park Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2011
Brand new to this school and not happy at all. I have never seen a school that was not welcoming AT ALL .

Garrett Park Elementary School
4810 Oxford Street, Kensington, MD  20895
Last modified Garrett Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garrett Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.