Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 22, 2016
Ms. Payne (Art), Ms. Jones (1st), Mr. Koser (3rd) - and Mr. Perry (Music) and Ms. Alexander (Principal) - Great group!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 22, 2016
They encourage integrity, respect/acceptance of others, good citizenship and taking risk to achieve something (perseverance in the face of not getting it perfect). They often cite the core values of the school through classroom and special events. They promote love of learning, thinking about what they read, embracing the diversity of others, critical-thinking, and helping other students.

Posted March 22, 2016
My daughter's had four great teachers from Kindergarten through 3rd grade. She reads above grade level, but is consistently challenged (and encouraged to learn in multiple areas). They not only foster the typical reading, writing, math, science exploration, and art expression, but great interpersonal and citizenship focus as well. Rock View's also a very diverse school with families from a variety of cultures. It seems fun and challenging. The staff is very friendly, accessible and genuinely loves kids.

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter has attended Rock View for three years now. While I have been thoroughly pleased with the materials taught and her progress made, what really speaks volumes is my daughter's absolute enthusiasm to learn and be in the classroom. She "hates fire drills and substitute teachers" because it takes away from her learning time with her teachers. She is continually inspired to "do her personal best." On the numerous times that I have corresponded with the principal, she has been supportive and proactive, often going above and beyond. While the PTA is small (and is often the same individuals,) they do an excellent job providing various themed nights for the kids (movies, variety show, international night, picnics, etc) and take special measure to show the teachers our appreciation.

Posted April 25, 2014
My two kids attend Rockview and love it. The staff is friendly and the teachers and excellent. They challenge the students in learning and influence them to do beyond what they think they can do. The principal is such a caring, friendly and respectable person to have your children around.

Rock View Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2013
My daughter has been at Rock View since kindergarten. I have been so impressed by the staff and the teachers. They are so personable and they all really care about the students at the school. I think the most remarkable asset to the school is the wonderful parent support and participation. The PTA is is not big, but it is very active and inclusive of all of the the students that go to Rock View. The new principal is a wonderful addition to the school. There are three teachers that bring my rating down to a 4. I am hoping that the implementation of curriculum 2.0 in the fourth and fifth grades will weed some of the less competent teachers out.

Posted September 26, 2011
We have 3 kids at Rock View. We recently moved to the area and came from a wonderful school. We were worried that Rock View would not live up to the standards of our old school- but we are SO impressed with the staff, the Principal and the school environment. The principal is very accessable and moved very quickly to integrate our children (one has an IEP). The teachers our children have this year are all excellent. We feel our kids are in very good and capable hands.

Posted April 27, 2009
I am very happy with Rock View! My child is continually challenged to do his personal best. The performance based grouping allows children extra help or extra acceleration as needed. The staff really takes time to know the students and teach them at appropriate levels. I like the monthly data notebooks which keep my updated on my child's progress.

Rock View Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
I love Rock View. I have two kids there and am very impressed by the amount of time the staff spends with the kids. Any problems are immediately addressed.

Posted September 17, 2008
The principal is first rate in dealing with the inevitable problems that children, parents, and teachers have at an elementary school. He is professional, kind, understanding, great with children, and follows through. I am very pleased with the teachers my children have had (4 so far). The coursework is challenging and my kids have made many new friends. They are learning and happy. So am I.

3901 Denfeld Ave, Kensington, MD  20895
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. (301) 929-2002
Last modified Rock View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.