Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

New Midway/Woodsboro Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2015
The school, teachers and mist staff are great. The principal (male) however was not a smart choice. He makes you feel uneasy. I was not happy with that decision.

Posted October 08, 2013
My fifth child has started kindergarten this year at NMWES. Our first started here 9 years ago. While a small town, rural school it provides students with a caring and nurturing environment in which they can learn and excel. I question if sometimes the little school gets lost in the big picture, but have no doubt that the teachers and staff do their best to provide my children with the best education available.

New Midway/Woodsboro Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2012
This school has a very long and sordid history. Check out the Fredrick News Post's April 16, 2010 front page article pertaining to FCPS and New Midway/Woodsboro School in particular. I have been told that problems still continue. I have put my money where my mouth is and I pay for private school education for my kids.

Posted August 26, 2010
In the fall of 2010, my daughter will start her second year at Woodsboro ES, going into the 1st grade. My husband and I LOVE this school. I'm an active volunteer at the school and I chair on a PTA committee. I have watched these dedicated and talented educators teach my daughter. I just can t say enough about them!! It is a small school, roughly 300 kids, Pre-K through 2nd in Woodsboro ES and 3rd-5th in New Midway ES 3 miles north. I just can t say express how happy I am that I moved to this town. Our family relocated from Gaithersburg, MD to Woodsboro, MD in Frederick County in May 2009. The Town of Woodsboro has a hometown feeling and I m proud to be a part of this community. I wouldn t have been able to find this in Montgomery County, MD.

Posted February 24, 2005
This is an excellent school. The class sizes are small enough that the teachers can teach. They have excellent reading, math, social studies, music, art, library, science, phys ed, computer lab, writer workshop and other special programs. Our child loves to go to school - that tells you right there that the school is doing something right!

New Midway/Woodsboro Elementary School
12226 Woodsboro Pk, Keymar, MD  21757
Last modified New Midway/Woodsboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.