Bad
Good

The school, teachers and mist staff are great. The principal (male) however was not a smart choice. He makes you feel uneasy. I was not happy with that decision.

My fifth child has started kindergarten this year at NMWES. Our first started here 9 years ago. While a small town, rural school it provides students with a caring and nurturing environment in which they can learn and excel. I question if sometimes the little school gets lost in the big picture, but have no doubt that the teachers and staff do their best to provide my children with the best education available.

This school has a very long and sordid history. Check out the Fredrick News Post's April 16, 2010 front page article pertaining to FCPS and New Midway/Woodsboro School in particular. I have been told that problems still continue. I have put my money where my mouth is and I pay for private school education for my kids.

In the fall of 2010, my daughter will start her second year at Woodsboro ES, going into the 1st grade. My husband and I LOVE this school. I'm an active volunteer at the school and I chair on a PTA committee. I have watched these dedicated and talented educators teach my daughter. I just can t say enough about them!! It is a small school, roughly 300 kids, Pre-K through 2nd in Woodsboro ES and 3rd-5th in New Midway ES 3 miles north. I just can t say express how happy I am that I moved to this town. Our family relocated from Gaithersburg, MD to Woodsboro, MD in Frederick County in May 2009. The Town of Woodsboro has a hometown feeling and I m proud to be a part of this community. I wouldn t have been able to find this in Montgomery County, MD.

Last modified New Midway/Woodsboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.