PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Students at this school are challenged intellectually and formed morally! We love St. Stephen because of the community atmosphere and the sense of self that each child receives from their teachers and mentors. A worthwhile investment!
July 06, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted July 18, 2016
We have been members of the St. Stephen School Community for 9 years and my children thrive here! I use the word community because that is exactly what it is--- it is a place you call home. The small school size provides benefits that go beyond the classrooms---students here are confident yet humble, well-spoken yet appropriate, mannerly and kind in a way that is unusual in the world today. The teachers not only dedicate themselves to their craft of teaching but also to every child they teach and in EVERY way that matters. The faculty and staff go above and beyond to ensure success in everything they do. Faith, Values and Education is not merely a motto here, it is something that is lived & loved every single day. St. Stephen School is a beacon of hope in what proves to be a dismal world! I couldn’t be more happy with our choice and can’t imagine being anywhere else.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted July 06, 2016
- a school leader
Mrs. Patrick is a servant leader! She places the needs of the students first and always upholds the mission statement of the school.

Posted July 06, 2016
- a school leader

Posted August 22, 2014
Last year we transferred our daughter from Perry Hall Elementary to St Stephen. She was going into the 2nd grade so we all were nervous about the switch. We were amazed how welcoming everyone was to us. The parents, faculty, and children are so warm and caring. The education she received surpassed our expectations. She has excelled academically and socially. The school has great extra curricular activities too. In one year, we have all made so many friends. It's not just a school, it's a family. Someone asked Kelsey why she liked her new school. Her answer confirmed that we made the right choice. She said "Because everyone is nice to me and each other." We couldn't be happier at St. Stephen!

Posted May 30, 2014
Faith, values, education...Saint Stephens is thriving! They are building a new Pre-K building for 3 and 4 year olds that will open in fall of 2014. They are also preparing to add air conditioning to the main K-8 school building. Wifi throughout the campus and more I-pads being added for the students. The school is an island of sanity in an insane world. This is the America you grew up in- Church on Sunday, family picnics, carnival, school plays, involved parents. Saint Stephen can be summed up in one moment- in the middle of recess when the Church bells ring all 300+ students stop, stand silent, and face the Church. Its truly amazing and heartwarming to witness. The teachers and parents are very involved and act as one big family. You will not be disappointed! Your child is worth the investment!

Posted December 05, 2013
We left a local public school for St. Stephen. I had no idea what a private school was all about since all I've ever known is public. It has far exceeded my expectations. It's a very loving and friendly atmosphere. My child is thriving and loves going to school! The principal to the maintenance man work very hard to make a great school even better.

Posted April 20, 2010
It is like a 2nd family to all of the children who attend. The parents can feel that their children are well cared for while being well educated.

Posted April 19, 2010
I've taught at St. Stephen School for 23 years. My children all graduated from here, and my grandchildren will be attending soon. This school has a family atmosphere, very supportive parents, teachers who always put the concerns of their students first, and a faculty with whom it has my pleasure to work. I love this place!!!

Posted April 19, 2010
Great teachers, great curriculum. My grandkids are so happy there.

Posted April 19, 2010
As a parent and a teacher, I cannot imagine working in any other school. St. Stephen is a blessing for both me and my children.

8028 Bradshaw Road, Kingsville, MD  21087