Kingsville, MD

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 30, 2015
The homework is not even helpful for the curriculum. For example, in most of my math classes at this school, the homework would be completely different than the tests, setting the students up for failure. And I do not mean that the tests were a harder version of the homework; I mean that there would be random concepts that we were not taught to "test our ability."

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 30, 2015
You definitely develop persistence and determination, but probably not in the way you hope for your children. Unless you want your children be broken down, emotionally manipulated can and publicly humiliated so they can learn to build themselves back up, in which case Redeemer is the perfect place for you!

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 30, 2015
Absolutely not. In my experience there, the dean of students reached into a male student's front pocket (the day before his graduation) to check to see if his cell phone was in there, yelled at me because he could see my bra strap where my collared shirt gapped at my shoulder when I bent down at my locker; I was screamed at by multiple teachers for acts of "disrespect" in front of my classmates (instead of pulling me to the side to protect my anonymity). One of these so-called acts of disrespect was skipping my last class of the day so that I could go to a Christian youth retreat.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 30, 2015
The teachers clearly played favorites and emotional, manipulative games with the students. I managed to get into the "favorites" group because I no longer wanted to be a target. Words cannot describe the horrific way that the teachers and staff operated here: thinly veiling a hateful and controlling environment by loudly preaching about love and Jesus. I've learned more about caring, compassion, and empathy in my experiences at church and going to a secular collage than I did at redeemer. That is, unless you count what not to do.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 26, 2015
Teachers at Redeemer Classical Christian School embrace the essence of being servant leaders throughout the school year.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 26, 2015
The amount of homework has increased in recent years, which precludes them from developing themselves more holistically.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 26, 2015
The academic rigors characteristic of Redeemer's educational philosophy leaves students with two options: 1) resignation, or 2) resilience.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 26, 2015
The level of academic excellence expected of students fosters respect for the amount of effort and dedication exerted.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted June 26, 2015
The school's mission to offer a competitive education - along with a Chrisitan worldview - effectively challenges students. However, at times, this approach leads to legalism, which steers students toward a black-and-white viewpoint.

Redeemer Classical Christian School 4

Posted June 26, 2015
The administration and faculty challenge students by holding them to a high level of integrity - academically and personally.

6415 Mount Vista Road, Kingsville, MD  21087
Last modified Redeemer Classical Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Redeemer Classical Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top