Landover Hills, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted May 20, 2014
I really love St. Mary's. It has many fun things to do and the staff is amazing. The kids are all nice and everyone treats everyone with love and care. The teachers here all push their students to do their best and prepare them for life ahead. We also like to have a lot of fun. While we have fun we still do make sure to tie God into everything we do here at St. Mary's. I like the classes that St.Mary's offers. In every class everyone gives their best and if someone needs help in any class St.Mary's is willing to help. St.Mary's is a great school and I think that your child will love it here.

St. Mary's School 1

Posted May 05, 2014
This school is awful. This is supposed to be a catholic school but my child was being bullied. Their facilities are horrible. There isn't even a cafeteria. Their extracurricular activities are awful (There are barely any to begin with.) MY child wasn't learning half the things she was supposed to be learning at that school. Please don't send your child to this school. It is a waste of time and money

Posted November 03, 2013
St. Mary's Landover Hills is an excellent school filled with lots of learning opportunities! I love the way they involve the students in giving back to the community. It's easy to see that the number one priority at St. Mary's Landover Hills is the students. My son is in 4th grade and his teacher addresses his academic and social growth on a daily basis! He's doing much better academically at St. Mary's Landover Hills than he was in public school! The tuition is affordable and there is no limit to the programs that the school is willing to provide to make sure that he becomes a well rounded contributor to society. St. Mary's Landover Hills is the total package!

Posted September 11, 2013
As a parent of 2 graduates and a graduate myself of St. Mary's, I highly recommend this school. My 2 sons were accepted into the high school of their choice based on the excellent education that they received at St. Mary's. There are many additional clubs that are available to the students. The children's choir, the gospel choir, band, art show and jr broadway productions are excellent. The pastor, teachers and principal are very involved with the students. If you are looking for a great school with caring staff, St. Mary's is the school to pick.

Posted September 05, 2013
All four of my children attended St. Mary s in Landover Hills from pre-school through 8th grade, the youngest just graduated in 2013. This school has solid academics, and the tuition compared to other private schools in the area can t be beat. The school has a very nurturing and friendly environment. Religion is a core subject area, and children attend mass weekly to reinforce the learning taught in the classroom. Their study buddy program allows for the partnering of younger students with older students lending itself to a Big Brother/Big Sister atmosphere and reinforces the value of respect for others. They rank nationally in their math program, have a phenomenal art program, and impressive talent is displayed in their choirs and annual Jr. Broadway plays. The athletic program is lacking some luster, but they are working to gain more student/parent participation in this area. I was extremely pleased with the education my kids received; it definitely prepared them to be successful both academically and socially in their Catholic high school years. Thank you teachers!

St. Mary's School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter will be entering 4th grade at St. Mary's School in Landover Hills. Since Kindergarten, she has had very caring and informative teachers who have challenged her academically. The school is also a good social fit for my daughter. She enjoys all of the teachers and her classmates. The school has a couple of bands, a few choirs, and performs Jr. Broadway plays annually - activities for which most of the children participate in regardless of grade. Unfortunately, the sports program isn't very good, but I hear they are working on improvements. If I could recommend one change, I would like to see the faculty and staff become more involved in Home and School related events. The children LOVE to see their teachers interacting with them and enjoying themselves outside of the regular school day.

Posted February 06, 2013
I have a child in PRE-K 4 at St. Mary's. I visited many schools before choosing St. Mary's. The PRE-K Teacher is excellent. She truly cares for each student and is attentive to each child s strengths and weaknesses. She offers parents guidance to work on any weakness and to build on strengths. She school is also building up their athletic program as well. The upper grades perform at the highest levals in Math at local competitions. My youngest will be enrolling in the fall and I can see both my children continuing through 8th grade. The school is very active in the community and the teachers and staff are very welcoming. The school encourages parental input. It is also very affordable. I would highly recommend.

Posted May 16, 2011
St. Mary's School is an excellent academic institution. My chidren attended St. Mary's from Pre-School through 8th grade and received a phenominal education which allowed them to be accepted into the Catholic high school of their choice and then on to the University of Maryland (which is very competitive these days!). The curriculum is challenging and the faculty, staff and pastor are very supportive and always available. I would highly recommend St. Mary's Catholic School!

St. Mary's School 1

Posted July 30, 2010
Horrible educational quality. Public school would be better because they don't really even teach anything religious.

Posted July 21, 2010
This is an excellent school i just wish that they could provide more classes and extracurricular classes and more sports

St. Mary's School