Landover Hills, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted December 01, 2014
I am a staff member and parent of this school. New Hope has a family atmosphere and small class sizes that foster genuine relationships teacher to teacher, teacher to student, and teacher to parent. Administration is responsive and caring, staff is more than a body in a position - the relationships are personal an authentic. Parents are more than willing to work with the teachers to do what's best for students. Students are respectful and open to new experiences; many of them seem grateful for a smaller and safer environment in which to learn. The interfaith, international (high school) environment creates an accepting atmosphere that creates globally aware and astute students. This school is a gem and if parents want a place where their child is exposed to a variety of cultures, ideas, and experiences from equally interesting staff then this is the place. It is unfortunate that people with isolated experiences have axes to grind and find it necessary too denigrate the school. These are the people who will be toxic to any environment. I am happy that the principal and board stand by policies and won't succumb to strong arming tactics or threats. A great place!

Posted November 06, 2014
This is our first year and thus far, we are pleased with the level of instruction our children are receiving.

Posted September 25, 2014
My child is entering her third year at New Hope Academy. She likes the small atmosphere and the personal attention that teachers give her. I went from having a child who hated school to a child who looks forward to her school day. I am impressed with the level of learning and the opportunities the children have. From the foreign language program and the in-depth music program to the dance program, I am seeing opportunities that were not available in her last school. I am very happy with our experience.

Posted February 28, 2014
My daughter has attended this school since Pre-K. She is now in first grade. She is reading books like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The kids have a weekly spelling test, math test, reading test as well as science and/or history test. She loves her school and each teacher she has had. She is part of the school's Performing Dance Center and Dance Company. She is also participating in the school play. The kids are confident and well behaved. The school does focus on character as a result; both the young children and the teenagers are pleasant to be around. As an adult walking into the school, the kids hold doors for you and speak to you. High School kids speak to my 6 year old daughter like she is a person. It is a rewarding community to be part of.

New Hope Academy 1

Posted October 29, 2013
School has very low educational standards. Their main focus is character education which they fall short on many levels. Academic programs are mainly based on home school methodologies. They hire friends of the principal, whom started the school. Most of the High School graduates go to community college before entering state universities.

New Hope Academy 1

Posted June 07, 2013
worse that pointless. no written or spoken apology for damage done 2 eithernor both of my children. Was duen long ago. awe were there for hours yesterday also. we will pay more next year for a school we like even less andnis 25 miles away but my kid will be unharmed there. mUCH PARENT INVOLVEMENT WAS US

Posted June 06, 2013
New Hope Academy is a great school Academically and Socially. We are very pleased with the Prinicipal, Teachers and Administration there. It is very apparrent that they have the best interest of our children at heart. We have been a part of the NHA Family for five years and we are very pleased with our childs academic progress. Our child is consistently challenged, they love school and everything about NHA. NHA fosters a great learning environment with lessons and curriculums that prepare our children to advance forward through upper grades and on to great Colleges. NHA frequently host Open Houses. If you are seeking a great school, please take the time to attend one. The small classroom environment fosters close interaction among the students and teacher. NHA exudes a warm and positive environment in all that they do. And trust me, they do alot Academically, Socially, and Physically along with having a great Arts & Dance Program. We are very pleased with the communication by the teachers as well as the Administration. They issue an FYI weekly keeping parents well informed. The PTA is great and very involved and engaged with the school and our children as well.

Posted June 04, 2013
Our elementary aged children have been enrolled in NHA for 3 years. We have been extraordinarily pleased with their teachers (very approachable, warm, and engaging) and the curriculum (seems to be on par with their peers at public/other private schools - and are reflected in their standardized test scores.) It is a smaller school, so there is a lot of parents/teacher/admin interaction and involvement., which is wonderful as a parent who wants to be involved in my child's education and know what is going on. Honestly, we couldn't have asked for a better 3y for our kids - and we look forward to them continue thriving at NHA for years to come.

Posted September 27, 2012
My child has been with NHA for six years. I have pulled him out and placed him in what was supposed to be a good public school, just to turn around an bring him back to NHA. My child was able to perform academically in the school, but the environment he was exposed to was the problem. I realized that as a parent, I could supplement academics, but could not supplement emotional growth. NHA pushes your child do do THEIR personal best academically while providing character building. The teachers and staff all make it their duty to support every child whether or not it is their personal student. From my experience, the adminstration gives honest advice without worrying if they will "lose the student to another school." This aspect lets me know that their true interest is my child's development, not the school's budget. Of course I would love to see more from the school, for example an updated appearance and high tech classrooms, but sometimes, brand new is not always best. NHA's traditonal charm, family environment and diverse community has worked for years. The students I know that have graduated have all moved on to being successful adults.

Posted June 17, 2012
I am a teacher and parent at NHA. I am more than satisfied on both counts. New Hope Academy is not perfect-- no school is! It is a great place to work. It's a place that feels like home to me and my children. They're getting a good education AND are part of a wonderful community. I have recommended NHA to so many people, and so far, no one has been unsatisfied! Also, there is no high teacher turnover. I don't know why a previous poster has that idea.

New Hope Academy