Kenmoor Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
Lower comprehensive classes were given easier assignments.The program for the kids with autism can be helpful;the thing is I found some aides condescending towards me,and if you don't want your child to be in a room for a whole period doing his/her homework you might want to make some arrangements if possible.I found the 7th grade counselor more reliable than the 8th grade counselor,in which who I found impatient and plain sloppy.The special education chair probably is not the best person to go to in a situation of being bullied,or in any case.It's like she just looks into your kids situation and either tells you something like the the kids will never do it again or does nothing.If you really think a lot of kids have great acceptance of kids with autism then you've gotten yourself mistaken.Most kids thinks they're mentally challenged and will be very condescending towards them.They will use they're "prior knowledge" to judge them without really getting to know them.If your child was to be involved in an incident with a neurotypical kid chances are the principle will tell that kid about your child's condition,basically telling them to kiss their behinds.Tag coordinator is good.

Posted July 02, 2013
I want to respond to the comment about autistic children not receiving a good education at Kenmoor MS. I realize that the experience of Kenmoor MS may vary from child to child, but I do think that Kenmoor has a great autism program. It is a magnet for their autism program. While sitting in several classes at Kenmoor, I have observed teachers being accommodating and very patient with autistic children. Mr. Green was my son's aide for a year, and he is great with the kids. My son was in the resource room with some autistic kids, and they had a accepting and positive group. I have two autistic nephews. One of them was with me and a child who attends Kenmoor MS. The friend told me that she knew a lot about autism because she has autistic friends at school. That says a lot about the acceptance of autistic kids at Kenmoor MS. And, of course, this is not to say that all autistic kids there have a great experience. But, I do believe that the school is serious about working with autistic kids.

Posted July 01, 2013
I went to Kenmoor Middle School, for 7th and 8th Grade, and I've found it to be a really amazing school. The Teachers are understanding and have made a real difference in my life. And speaking from personal experience, the Special Education Dept. is top notch. The Aides are really great. I used to have one that really helped me believe in myself and find a drive to join SGA. Which, was also a great thing Kenmoor had to offer. I was a class rep in 8th grade, and during that time I helped set up dances, and the Valentine's day Candygrams. Although I know Kenmoor isn't perfect I feel like I can attribute it to a lack of effort by the students. If you will allow yourself to become a better person, this school will help you do so.

Kenmoor Middle School 1

Posted July 09, 2011
This is the most pathetic excuse for a school I,ve ever been in. The teachers are OK, but the students are absolute howler monkeys and give you the feeling of being in an asylum. The bathrooms are also very dingy, and the autistic students don't get the education they need. Believe me, I know; I.ve been in this school for middle school and I highly advise you and your children to stay as far away from this school as possible. Yes, I know this review may seem unnecessarily negative; its just the sad truth. I deeply regret not being able to post a positive review

Kenmoor Middle School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
the satement below is false i am a 9th grader but i use to go there the staff and teachers are horrible and it isnt a good enviorment for any chid

Kenmoor Middle School 3

Posted January 24, 2010

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009
Kenmoor is a very nice school. Their teachers are highly educated and have lots of patients for thier students. The staff is also very hard-working and fully devoted to helping the students. They are very organized and expertiestic. For middle school have no second thoughts about sending your child to Kenmoor Middle.

Kenmoor Middle School 2

Posted December 18, 2008
this school needs improvement they need discipline the students behavior is horrible the environment they don't clean up the bathrooms.there is no academic rigor

Posted December 03, 2008
The Prinicipal has really turned this school around. The TAG program is probably the BEST in the nation. My 8th grader has been on the honor roll since enrolling in grade 7. He is challenged by his teachers, eager to share and respects his peers!

Kenmoor Middle School
2500 Kenmoor Dr, Landover, MD  20785
Last modified Kenmoor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenmoor Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.