Kenmoor Middle School 1

Posted November 15, 2014
If i were to describe this school in one word it would be Maybe. Im am a 7th grader in Kenmoor middle school. The staff as far as people who aren't teachers are not the nicest bunch. One day my friend and I were walking down the hall after the bell rang and the busses were called. We were unaware of a new policy that said after school clubs have to wait till car riders were called. So as were walking through the hall faculty at the other end of the hall yelled where are you going. We responded to wait for the adult leader of the club who we wait for in the front lobby because she has to drive to the school. The faculty member did not hear us so she yelled why are you out of your class room and what teacher are you coming from. We were polite and answered all her questions as she yelled at us to go back to our class room. She was yelling so loud you could hear her down the end of the long hallway. At that point my friend who was already sad started crying and she yelled why are you crying which made matters worse.

Kenmoor Middle School 5

Posted November 12, 2014
Both my kids have been in the TAG program at Kenmoor Middle School. (My youngest is in 8th grade now.) The administrative staff, principal, special ed teachers and regular ed teachers have been a breath of fresh air to us. We came from another TAG program that was not as well run. Beth Novick is doing an excellent job with the one at Kenmoor. We have experience in their special ed department too. The resource room was a God send to us. I have volunteered and observed in various classrooms and have had a great experience. I am glad my kids are there. The PTA has picked up a lot recently, but over the last 5 years, it was not as active. I am rating it as it is now.

Kenmoor Middle School 5

Posted November 11, 2014
i am going to go to this school next year . i love that its a non-uniform school and it has many extra curricular activities. one thing i would change/add is that they should have more sports for example track and field. the school is huge and diverse which is good but many students have behavior problems from when I've visited the school. but overall it doesn't matter how other students around behave just act the way you normally would. and overall the school is......................................... AWESOME!!!! i love it there. cant wait to go next year!!!!!

Kenmoor Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
Lower comprehensive classes were given easier assignments.The program for the kids with autism can be helpful;the thing is I found some aides condescending towards me,and if you don't want your child to be in a room for a whole period doing his/her homework you might want to make some arrangements if possible.I found the 7th grade counselor more reliable than the 8th grade counselor,in which who I found impatient and plain sloppy.The special education chair probably is not the best person to go to in a situation of being bullied,or in any case.It's like she just looks into your kids situation and either tells you something like the the kids will never do it again or does nothing.If you really think a lot of kids have great acceptance of kids with autism then you've gotten yourself mistaken.Most kids thinks they're mentally challenged and will be very condescending towards them.They will use they're "prior knowledge" to judge them without really getting to know them.If your child was to be involved in an incident with a neurotypical kid chances are the principle will tell that kid about your child's condition,basically telling them to kiss their behinds.Tag coordinator is good.

Posted July 01, 2013
I went to Kenmoor Middle School, for 7th and 8th Grade, and I've found it to be a really amazing school. The Teachers are understanding and have made a real difference in my life. And speaking from personal experience, the Special Education Dept. is top notch. The Aides are really great. I used to have one that really helped me believe in myself and find a drive to join SGA. Which, was also a great thing Kenmoor had to offer. I was a class rep in 8th grade, and during that time I helped set up dances, and the Valentine's day Candygrams. Although I know Kenmoor isn't perfect I feel like I can attribute it to a lack of effort by the students. If you will allow yourself to become a better person, this school will help you do so.

Kenmoor Middle School 1

Posted July 09, 2011
This is the most pathetic excuse for a school I,ve ever been in. The teachers are OK, but the students are absolute howler monkeys and give you the feeling of being in an asylum. The bathrooms are also very dingy, and the autistic students don't get the education they need. Believe me, I know; I.ve been in this school for middle school and I highly advise you and your children to stay as far away from this school as possible. Yes, I know this review may seem unnecessarily negative; its just the sad truth. I deeply regret not being able to post a positive review

Kenmoor Middle School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
the satement below is false i am a 9th grader but i use to go there the staff and teachers are horrible and it isnt a good enviorment for any chid

Kenmoor Middle School 3

Posted January 24, 2010

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009
Kenmoor is a very nice school. Their teachers are highly educated and have lots of patients for thier students. The staff is also very hard-working and fully devoted to helping the students. They are very organized and expertiestic. For middle school have no second thoughts about sending your child to Kenmoor Middle.

Kenmoor Middle School
2500 Kenmoor Dr, Landover, MD  20785
Last modified Kenmoor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenmoor Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top