Landover, MD

Posted March 09, 2015
I had to go to class with my child 2013-2014 school year when he was in the 8th grade and I saw it was really hard for the teachers to teach because of the childrens behavior. In two of his classes he had substitute teachers where in one class he didn't have any work for them because who ever was in charge dropped the ball. The other sub couldn't control them at all and they were running around, cursing, one boy pulled a few of his classmates pants down, and the sub didn't attempt any instruction, she was just there. Those boys did all this in front of me and didn't care once that there was a parent present. My son preferred to finish out his school year in SAC saying its more quiet and he can get his work done. Now I know my son reacts to his environment and needs to practice self control but it really was about 6 bad apples disrupting the learning process. Some of the administration jumps the gun and power hungry. Mrs. Compton has made to many mistakes for my taste. Hopefully they can make a change!!!

G. James Gholson Middle School 4

Posted July 28, 2014
This school has been a TURN AROUND school and I would know coming from a 7th grader going on to 8th this year. Yes theirs some incidents like in any other school but this is a good school to me. I've made honor roll all 4 quarters with a 3.7. And the teachers really do care about us.

Posted July 17, 2014
With the exception of a few honors 'houses,' the students run the school. The teachers do their best but get little support from the administration or parents. The extended school day is a waste because the kids are bouncing off the walls and most class time is wasted by disruptive behavior. Those few teachers who attempt to put their foot down have left or been forced out by the administration.

Posted May 19, 2014
I must say this is the worst school EVER. My daughter is an honor roll student and she has YET to have an honor roll assembly i asked the staff in the office when will they have one and all they can do is tell me "I dont know".. so sad it seems to me like they dont wanna acknowledge the kids who are doing well. But this will be my daughters first and last year there. The kids also curse the teachers out and the kids. #sadschool

Posted April 29, 2014
G. James Gholson Middle is the absolute worst school you could send your child to for anything. The only reason that my child is there currently is to finish the 8th grade and due to residency its required that she attends. Otherwise if you can don't send your child. Pay for somewhere else if you can. Sorry I couldn't give it NO STARS

Posted March 24, 2014
It's sad that the teachers of yesterday aren't the teacher of today. You can tell which teachers really teach becaue it show's on the student's report card and the student wants to learn more.

G. James Gholson Middle School 3

Posted December 08, 2013
I am a former student of G. James Gholson Middle School. I am now in the 11th grade enrolled in a public school in new Jersey. But as a student at Gholson, my 7th grade year was terrible. I was being bullied because of my ethnicity, my name, my size, and because I didn't always have the latest in fashion. But my 8th grade year was much much much better. Ever since Ms. Robinson, Ms. Compton, & Mr. Goins came that school changed for the better. Disciplinary wise, and academics too. I didn't want to leave. I felt safe, and was rewarded for my good doing. Hopefully out stays that way. I plan to come visit the administration soon.

G. James Gholson Middle School 5

Posted December 05, 2013
This is a great school with great faculty. Gets a bad rap like everything in Prince George's County.

G. James Gholson Middle School 5

Posted August 22, 2013
g james gholson is a school which i feel helps students to achieve their goal in life with real time social support, genuine care and support.information for parents to help their child succeed with outside help.

Posted June 08, 2013
A failing school.Horrible school. Something must be done because the kids are going to suffer. School is for education it is not a place for a battle.

G. James Gholson Middle School
900 Nalley Rd, Landover, MD  20785
Last modified G. James Gholson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
G. James Gholson Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top