Bad
Good

Posted February 17, 2014
This school gets bad rep because of the location however teachers and officials are very caring. School is new and easily accessible, we must not forget us as parents that need to complement school education.

Posted December 05, 2013
This is a great school with great faculty. Gets a bad rap like everything in Prince George's County.

Posted September 01, 2013
My children have been attending Cora L Rice elementary for the last two years. I could be no more happy with the staff there. It is indeed a family atmosphere. They truly look out for my children to strive.

Cora L. Rice Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2013
As of the 2013-2014 school year all four of our children are attending Core L.Rice Elementary. For the last three school years I have entrusted this school with the education of my children. The staff keeps me well informed and on top of any issues. My children have received county level academic awards and continually land on the principal's honor roll list. With proper backing and attention from a child's loved ones at home and school there is no reason Cora L. Rice Elementary would not be ranked with top level public schools in the nation. Mr.Landers

Posted July 04, 2013
Cora L Rice is the number 1 school for my kids. i NEVER seen a school full of wonderful staff thats cares for the student like if it was there own kids.

Cora L. Rice Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2012
I feel that Cora L. Rice is this best school my son ever attend. All of the teachers are outstanding. We just need more parent involvement.

Cora L. Rice Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2011
My son was involuntarily transferred to this school when the county decided to do some 're-zoning'. I am very disappointed with the quality of education and with the leadership of the administrative staff. Myself along with many other parents have had a problem with safety and the drop-off/pick-up policy of the students. Currently, there is no structured policy in which visitors must report to the main office to be identified and required to sign out any child released to them. (I was told that new policies will be implemented next school year [2011-2012]). I had a horrible experiencewhich led to me involving the Deputy Superintendent of the county because the principal's conduct at the time was unsatisfactory. If you decide to enroll your child here, please be an ACTIVE parent and know what's going on at all times. You will need to check behind some of the teachers to make sure they are truly looking out for the needs of your child and for the children as a whole. I would NOT recommend this school for any child. I'm so glad that this was my son's last year and we will be transferring out of the county altogether.

Cora L. Rice Elementary School

Posted August 13, 2008
My child has attended this school since Kindergarten and with only one year left I can say that I can't wait for it to be over. Overall the school is really nice although I agree that there is definitely a huge lack of communication issues between the parents and teachers. Even though they have methods of contacting you they don't utilize them until it's too late. Some teachers don't arrive on time and express very little excitement about teaching the kids. In the past the teachers were great but now I can say there are only two that seem to be very genuine about these kids future endeavors.

Cora L. Rice Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2005
This school is very big and nice.I like the mandatory uniform rule because I knew what my child would have to wear everyday.However,I don't know there is not enough communication to the parents.Stuff goes on or is coming up and we didn't find out until the last minute,so that could be much better.My daughter made good friends and so far,had some really nice teachers.

Cora L. Rice Elementary School
950 Nalley Rd, Landover, MD  20785
Last modified Cora L. Rice Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cora L. Rice Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top