Landover, MD

Shabach! Christian Academy 1

Posted October 08, 2014
The teachers over by the preschool are incompetent, ill-mannered, unprofessional, un-Christ like, uneducated women! They are NOT qualified to teach your children and talk about your child and the parents in a disgusting manner. I have walked the halls and heard them on top of their voices as if they were in their own homes and have seen them yelling repeatedly at the children. They have the worst attitudes and are not warm and welcoming at all especially to the new babies that come in.

Posted September 04, 2013
my son has been apart of shabach Christian learning center since Prek 3 , I Strongly recommend shabach . Shabach is a excellent Christian based school. Your child will be challenged daily at the Pre K level . This school provides a safe environment , Now my son just started kindergarten at the Academy side . I'm looking forward for this year . And I just want to say that Ms piper and business office are great . also Their is a negative review about this school , in which the parent was dissatisfied . I just want to say , be your own judge like I did .I never experience what this parent experience or know any other parent that feel this way . Trust me before my son start going to this school , I did my research . I was referred to this school by many people which had there kids go there or knew some one that went to the school . It seem like the parent that post that remark was clearly upset about something personal ,but should had handle it in a different way beside posting a fraudulent review about the school . Like I said check the school out for your self, and you will not be dissatisfied . Be your own judge

Shabach! Christian Academy 1

Posted March 29, 2013
I am completely dissatisfied with this school. I believe the school has been fraudulent in what it offers and what it actually delivers. You do not pay that tuition for unskilled, un-credentialed, and incompetent teachers.

Posted June 07, 2012
Strongly recommended Shabach is an excellent Christian based school. Our daughter received an exceptional graduate. What we greatly appreciated was that the students are challenged daily and nurtured in a safe environment. We are so pleased that our daughter has consistently tested well--at the college level while in middle school as a result of the education received from this Academy. She has excelled in math and loves English--hopes to be an English major. She was accepted into both Elizabeth Seaton and Bishop McNamara during her first attempt--testing well enough the first time. She also came in 2nd in a recent PG County wide oratorical contest. In addition, the extra curriculum activities at Shabach are exceptional. The Dance program led by Mrs. Carter truly nurtures and allows young girls to grow. We are truly pleased with the education our daughter has received during her 8 years at Shabach! Thank you First Baptist

Posted December 24, 2011
My niece started here in nursery school and the teachers and staff have been excellent in her growth. Thanks to Ms. May and Ms. Cheryl and all the teachers who have helped her. She went until after 6th grade due only to distance. Keep up the good work. Love you all

Posted April 25, 2011
I went to shabach from 5th through eight grade and it was a great experience. I graduated in the class of 2010. There were times when I didn't like some of the schoolspolicies and teachers, but looking back it was great i have made lifelong friendships and will remember many of the people forever. You gain great relationships with the teachers and the staff. The school prepares you well for high school and for life in general. The entire school feels like a family and everyone knows each other. I went to a high school that wasn't a good match for me in 9th grade but I am going to one of the top high schools in the country next year and I got accepted to many others

Posted February 03, 2011
I love this school. My son has been here since elementary school and I am very satisfied. He's now in middle school and doing a great job. They do not have a science lab, but they do have a nice computer lab. My son come home and teaches me things that he's learned. They are responsible for doing a lot of writing and I love this. I love the way that the teachers make my son feels like he's home away from home. You would love this school, just make sure that your child stays on top of their assignments.

Shabach! Christian Academy 3

Posted December 02, 2010
This is a great school for an Elementary level education. After that, look elsewhere. The Foreign Language class is simply using Rosetta Stone at school and at home. No foreign language is actually spoken in the class. What a waste. Computer Technology is a joke. The Science, Math, History and English/Writing is improving however it is still not up to par. If you are seeking a good middle school education, this is not the school for you. My child has attended this school for all Elementary school education and is now in the Middle School but when the year is over, we are out of here. Its sad too because of the history developed with the school but my child's education is suffering and High School is not a game.

Posted June 23, 2009
My children have been in this school since Kindergarten. They were with Mrs. Lee and Mr. Barnes. The school was excellent when Mrs. Lee was there. It became very disorganized and went downhill when Mr. Barnes was the principal. I had decided not to send my children back. However, when I found out that Mrs. Lee was coming back, I immediately signed them up. Mrs. Lee is an EXCELLENT Administrator. She has a vision for the school. She cleaned up a lot of the mess made by Mr. Barnes and still has a tough road ahead of her. Not every school is perfect. I have learned that if the leadership has the right vision and the parents are involved, the school will improve and your child will benefit from it. Importantly, the parent must be involved with the child at home. The teachers cant do it all. I recommend this school.

Posted March 23, 2009

Shabach! Christian Academy
3600 Brightseat Road, Landover, MD  20785
Last modified Shabach! Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Shabach! Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top