PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Shabach! Christian Academy 5

Posted June 22, 2016
Shabach has a commitment to excellence . There teachers are profound and they pride themselves in higher education by continually instilling morals and values . My son began when he was 3 and has recently turned 4 , though our early departure is a somber one ; his teachers, staff, counsellors and various departments associated with the successfulness of Shabach have played a vital role in my sons physical , moral and spiritual environment . I have been blessed to have the opportunity to have my son committed to this school . Mrs. Watts and Mrs. Atkins both made the experience a non-forgettable one . Their kinds words and ability to accommodate my needs in addition to offering reassurance that my son would be in great hands has no repayment . Aside from the business aspects both Mrs. Watts and Mrs. Atkins have exemplified proper business aspects while remaining personable , caring and spiritual . Aside from the business aspect is the profound education my son has received since he began at the school . They reinforce it takes a village to raise a child . Mrs. Aubray and Ms. J'Naye have equipped my son with life long lessons . They have magnified his strengths and worked I improving his weaknesses . I have watched my child grow academically and spiritually based on their efforts wisdom and guidance . I Love this school and I would highly recommend this academy for any student . When my daughter gets of age we will be back to receive the joy of shabach' teaching, praising, educating and blessings.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted April 20, 2016
I can't really say because my child is on the preschool side and that would be a question I could answer on the academy side.

Develops grit: Neutral

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted April 20, 2016
I really love my son's teacher. She tries to understand the situation and we work it out where we work together with helping him.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted April 20, 2016
The preschool director can use some sensitivity training when it comes to dealing with parents and special needs children. I think she can be a bit rude and abrupt. I had to get the head of school involved so we can be on one accord when it came to my child's needs and education.

Shabach! Christian Academy 3

Posted April 20, 2016
My child currently attends the preschool program at Shabach. It is an okay program, I am only giving it 3 stars because I really like his main teacher and the principal/head of schools on the Academy side. The Preschool Director is VERY rude and abrupt. I have noticed that she micromanages A LOT. The simple questions that you think the teacher can answer with a yes or no they have to check in with the director for EVERYTHING. Also, like others have mentioned just because it has "Christian" in the title doesn't mean it's "Christ like". I like my child's main teacher but I have noticed that a few of the other preschool teachers are a little ill-mannered and unprofessional. It’s certain things that I don't agree with that they do with the pre-school and some of the politics for example they only serve milk and water. My child has a disability as well as has certain dietary needs and when I told this to the director I was totally dismissed with a rude comment. Needless to say I had to get so many people involved and had to get a doctor's note explaining this to them in order for them to “accommodate” my child. Some things I feel aren't that serious and can be easily accommodated the preschool director makes it hard. I am definitely looking for a different school now that can accommodate my child or have more experience in dealing with special needs children. Overall, I feel it’s an okay preschool program this is the place for you if you’re looking for reasonable daycare cost, safe environment, and if you want your child to learn the basic pre-academia and Christian values. But if you're looking for a rigorous preschool program and teachers with bachelor and master degrees with tons of experience this isn't the place for your child. If your child is special needs I would look into schools that can accommodate under PG County, Kennedy Krieger and other Special Education schools like St. Coletta that can teach your child as well as provide habilitative services because they would be more sensitive to your child needs, their accommodations and know how to handle certain situations.

Shabach! Christian Academy 1

Posted October 08, 2014
The teachers over by the preschool are incompetent, ill-mannered, unprofessional, un-Christ like, uneducated women! They are NOT qualified to teach your children and talk about your child and the parents in a disgusting manner. I have walked the halls and heard them on top of their voices as if they were in their own homes and have seen them yelling repeatedly at the children. They have the worst attitudes and are not warm and welcoming at all especially to the new babies that come in.

Shabach! Christian Academy 4

Posted September 04, 2013
my son has been apart of shabach Christian learning center since Prek 3 , I Strongly recommend shabach . Shabach is a excellent Christian based school. Your child will be challenged daily at the Pre K level . This school provides a safe environment , Now my son just started kindergarten at the Academy side . I'm looking forward for this year . And I just want to say that Ms piper and business office are great . also Their is a negative review about this school , in which the parent was dissatisfied . I just want to say , be your own judge like I did .I never experience what this parent experience or know any other parent that feel this way . Trust me before my son start going to this school , I did my research . I was referred to this school by many people which had there kids go there or knew some one that went to the school . It seem like the parent that post that remark was clearly upset about something personal ,but should had handle it in a different way beside posting a fraudulent review about the school . Like I said check the school out for your self, and you will not be dissatisfied . Be your own judge

Shabach! Christian Academy 1

Posted March 29, 2013
I am completely dissatisfied with this school. I believe the school has been fraudulent in what it offers and what it actually delivers. You do not pay that tuition for unskilled, un-credentialed, and incompetent teachers.

Shabach! Christian Academy 5

Posted June 07, 2012
Strongly recommended Shabach is an excellent Christian based school. Our daughter received an exceptional graduate. What we greatly appreciated was that the students are challenged daily and nurtured in a safe environment. We are so pleased that our daughter has consistently tested well--at the college level while in middle school as a result of the education received from this Academy. She has excelled in math and loves English--hopes to be an English major. She was accepted into both Elizabeth Seaton and Bishop McNamara during her first attempt--testing well enough the first time. She also came in 2nd in a recent PG County wide oratorical contest. In addition, the extra curriculum activities at Shabach are exceptional. The Dance program led by Mrs. Carter truly nurtures and allows young girls to grow. We are truly pleased with the education our daughter has received during her 8 years at Shabach! Thank you First Baptist

3600 Brightseat Road, Landover, MD  20785
Last modified Shabach! Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8